Disassemble the alliance?

Starky_YT

Hey guys!

I play KOTFE with my main character and I'm in the chapter 9 and I lose my old companions including of my ship.

I would like to know if there is any way to disassemble the alliance and get my old companions back including to my ship.

Any solution?

Keep going with the story.

You get your ship back as soon as you hit odessen and most companions are back now minus a few across the classes. Some come back in the story, others in alliance alerts etc.

The alliance will probably stay around for an expansion or 2, its a wild guess on that but so far after everything that's happened you are still the leader of the alliance. You'll get your ship back at chapter 9 as someone mentioned

You get your ship back in chapter 9. Your companions come back through the story, alerts or you can pick them up at the terminal on Odessen.

While you do get your old ship back, and your old companions (storywise, which companions come back and when depends on your class), your old companions will not appear on your ship any longer. The only ones that continue to appear there are HK-51 and Treek if you have them.

I sincerely hope the Alliance will be disassembled in Onslaught, it has been going on for too long and ruins the narrative. The purpose of the alliance (which, by definition, is a temporary concept) is fulfilled, Zakuul is defeated. It's time to disband it and return to our original factions or defect to our original faction's enemy.

I sincerely hope the Alliance will be disassembled in Onslaught, it has been going on for too long and ruins the narrative. The purpose of the alliance (which, by definition, is a temporary concept) is fulfilled, Zakuul is defeated. It's time to disband it and return to our original factions or defect to our original faction's enemy.

My Sith doesn't want his power base ollying out on him after the work he'd done to get it functional and cohesive, thank you. :p (But yeah, the Jedi and Trooper are both kind of '...can I go home now?'.)

Hopefully this will be an option and people who want to stay with the Alliance will be allowed to...

This. I don't care if others want to disassemble their alliance but not everyone wants to do that. While I understand others that want to I guess they think everyone wants to disassemble the alliance because they don't like it. I wish people would remember not everyone is like them, but I guess that is asking too much.

Edited by casirabit

This. I don't care if others want to disassemble their alliance but not everyone wants to do that. While I understand others that want to I guess they think everyone wants to disassemble the alliance because they don't like it. I wish people would remember not everyone is like them, but I guess that is asking too much.

So much this.

I'd clearly not mind people wanting to disassemble their own Alliance to become an integral part of their original faction again or become integral part of the former ennemy factions if this did not feel like they want to force everyone out of the Alliance wether they like it or not.

I'm fine with people wanting whatever they want in their own game as long as it does not negatively impact my own game (looking at the silly kill options that took away all my favourite companions even if i did not kill any of them, while leaving me with only 1 relevant one that would not be the one trusted with the knowledge that my imps are all siding with the Republic...).

So if it's an option, i'm alright with that, if it has to be forced on everyone, i'm not okay with that though.

The easiest way to go would probably be a choice where we're asked if we want to become part of the Empire / Republic or stay as independant as possible and simply ally with one of the faction.

From there, the Alliance could change slightly in dialogue but not really in gameplay.

It could for instance become a Sith powerbase or an intelligence agency, or an army for the Republic, or an underworld organization, or stay as the Alliance, but with everything staying on Odessen no matter what we chose as either an independant force that could help the chosen faction or some sort of outpost for the chosen faction.

As it is, my toons are fine with working with a faction, helping them when needed but keeping their independance, but they don't want to work for said faction becoming some sort of lapdog that has to say yes to everything.

And none of them is interested in taking back their old mantle.

So forcing my characters out of their Alliance would completely ruin the story for me, and so would clearly ruin the game as well, especially now that all the companions i like are pretty unlikely to have any decent amount of content ever again.

the alliance should have never happened in the first place. and i am glad they took 99.9% of the power away from it when they destroyed the gravestone and the eternal fleet. they are nothing now basically. and with the war coming back tensions in the ranks will be super high and it will collapse. it's not an option, its not an if. it's a when and i can't wait for when it does get erased from existence.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

Never too much to ask. Some people like being like a program, of being told how to think, and that you have to be Republic or an Imperial. It's kind of like real life, and i always call Bs

The Alliance has to stay to make sense now.

the alliance should have never happened in the first place. and i am glad they took 99.9% of the power away from it when they destroyed the gravestone and the eternal fleet. they are nothing now basically. and with the war coming back tensions in the ranks will be super high and it will collapse. it's not an option, its not an if. it's a when and i can't wait for when it does get erased from existence.

Then they should take Lana away as well and I don't that will go over very well.

Edited by casirabit

I don't mind the option to disband I have some characters who would take it. But I also have characters that enjoy the work they've done with the Eternal Alliance, and I would not wish to see the Alliance go merely because of the usual rants of KOTFE/KOTET. If it goes for everyone it's something that needs to be handled very carefully in a way that makes it satisfying even for those of us who wish to keep the Alliance, in some form or another, not merely "Oh BTW The Alliance is gone now."