Story Team - Simple Feedback

Joluka

So, for the new expansion, I only ask for one simple request—make the weaklings call me “my lord” again, or Master Jedi, or Colonel, or whatever, just NOT Commander (unless I’m being called Commander because Mandalorians call people they respect Commanders). If you must make people refer to me as Commander, can you just add an option where we tell these fools to drop the Commander because I’m a freaking Sith Lord? Thank you very much. Love the game, I’m so excited.

Also, if we’re Sith Warriors, can you please let us acknowledge that Malgus stole our old job and that we’re not thrilled about it? Thanks.

Edited by Joluka

Er, you *are* the Commander still. You are allied with the Republic or Empire, not joined back into it.

We *are* the Commander. But the trouble is... at no point did we have the choice *not* to be the Commander. Lots of our characters never repudiated their origins and still see themselves as sith, jedi, etc. Although I like large parts of the Alliance storyline, and several of my characters now see themselves as the Alliance Commander more than anything else, others are different, and it's alienating when the story acts like some massive breach exists between them and their original faction when there is no such thing in their hearts.

Er, you *are* the Commander still. You are allied with the Republic or Empire, not joined back into it.

In KOTFE, when we meet with Satele and Marr, Satele tells us to choose who we are going to be going forward, basically saying that we have to evolve, and my character told her that he wasn’t going to fall for that crap and that he was Sith. Sure, I command the Alliance, but I am Sith while doing it. I made that decision in that chapter in KOTFE.

All I really want is for us to have a choice in how we’re recognized. We could give a speech that has two options:

1. Address the galaxy as the Alliance Commander.

2. Address the galaxy as Sith/Jedi.

Then, from then on, everyone calls you either Commander or Master Jedi, depending on how you chose to address the galaxy. I’m not asking BioWare to screw the people that like to be called Commanders, I’m just asking to not be locked into being *CALLED* the freaking Commander after being and choosing a Sith Lord in character creation.

Edited by Joluka

The story is currently moving in the direction of returning to the classic Republic vs Empire theme, along with our characters. I'm sure our significance as the Commander will always be there, but it would be nice to have that option available for those who never renounced their original identity.

I enjoyed the last couple expansions, but I'd love to shift back focus on class identity. That seemed to be SWTOR's biggest selling point originally.

Well, as long as it's an option and we get a real choice here, i'm fine with it.

But i clearly don't want to be adressed as Jedi Master / Wrath or whatever else ever again, because that's clearly not who my characters are anymore.

In KOTFE, when we meet with Satele and Marr, Satele tells us to choose who we are going to be going forward, basically saying that we have to evolve, and my character told her that he wasn’t going to fall for that crap and that he was Sith. Sure, I command the Alliance, but I am Sith while doing it. I made that decision in that chapter in KOTFE.

All I really want is for us to have a choice in how we’re recognized. We could give a speech that has two options:

1. Address the galaxy as the Alliance Commander.

2. Address the galaxy as Sith/Jedi.

Then, from then on, everyone calls you either Commander or Master Jedi, depending on how you chose to address the galaxy. I’m not asking BioWare to screw the people that like to be called Commanders, I’m just asking to not be locked into being *CALLED* the freaking Commander after being and choosing a Sith Lord in character creation.

The problem with this is that for every single voice line, they now have to record it twice, once if someone is the "Commander" and once for someone who does not want to be called "Commander" (even though they are still the Commander of the Alliance). Double the work for something that isn't incorrect anywhere but in your head cannon. I can appreciate what you are saying, but just seriously doubt they will double their voice over work load in order to split hairs like this.

Can't hurt to ask, I suppose... but just seems like something that would require time and money that might be better spent elsewhere (like bug fixing!).

The problem with this is that for every single voice line, they now have to record it twice, once if someone is the "Commander" and once for someone who does not want to be called "Commander" (even though they are still the Commander of the Alliance). Double the work for something that isn't incorrect anywhere but in your head cannon. I can appreciate what you are saying, but just seriously doubt they will double their voice over work load in order to split hairs like this.

Can't hurt to ask, I suppose... but just seems like something that would require time and money that might be better spent elsewhere (like bug fixing!).

They could always record a separate number of “my lords” and “commanders” and just stick them to where they fit at the end of some sentences. That’s what I’d do, at least, if I was one of their editors. And I’m only bringing this up now because I think Charles Boyd said somewhere that they were recording lines at about this time, right? If I hadn’t seen that, I would’ve just stayed silent, but while they’re at it it’d be nice.

So, for the new expansion, I only ask for one simple request—make the weaklings call me “my lord” again, or Master Jedi, or Colonel, or whatever, just NOT Commander (unless I’m being called Commander because Mandalorians call people they respect Commanders). If you must make people refer to me as Commander, can you just add an option where we tell these fools to drop the Commander because I’m a freaking Sith Lord? Thank you very much. Love the game, I’m so excited.

Also, if we’re Sith Warriors, can you please let us acknowledge that Malgus stole our old job and that we’re not thrilled about it? Thanks.

This, absolutely this. It is a sentiment I see commonly expressed outside of the SWTOR forums (because most people simply are afraid these days to express any anti-alliance commentary here for how some posters react to it), namely ingame, on Reddit, in Discord servers, Twitter and so on. People want their class to be acknowledged or their previous achievements. It's something I want very badly as well, to be finally called Dark Lord, or Darth Imperius/Occlus/Nox, Master Jedi, or Battlemaster etc etc. I don't want to be the Commander, I want my class story to be acknowledged.

Luckily, this is a widely shared sentiment, so here's to hoping we'll get our previous titles back in Onslaught :)

Edited by Ylliarus

If its a choice then fine, I don’t see why not. But I prefer all my characters being called commander because they are not going to be one side’s lackey again. I just don’t want to be called outlander, or wrath. Though being called captain for smuggler is acceptable like Risha and Corso do on the reunion. Most of my force characters though, don’t identify anymore with their old role.

And please stop with the whole “I know a lot of people that want this” lol, do a poll on a site or a signature pge and then bring in that data. Or Imma start claiming that a lot of us want a Malgus romance :p

This, absolutely this. It is a sentiment I see commonly expressed outside of the SWTOR forums (because most people simply are afraid these days to express any anti-alliance commentary here for how some posters react to it), namely ingame, on Reddit, in Discord servers, Twitter and so on. People want their class to be acknowledged or their previous achievements. It's something I want very badly as well, to be finally called Dark Lord, or Darth Imperius/Occlus/Nox, Master Jedi, or Battlemaster etc etc. I don't want to be the Commander, I want my class story to be acknowledged.

Luckily, this is a widely shared sentiment, so here's to hoping we'll get our previous titles back in Onslaught :)

Play an Agent. That way you can resign from being Commander (of the Alliance) and resume being Commander (of whatever it was that you were commander of before)..

If its a choice then fine, I don’t see why not. But I prefer all my characters being called commander because they are not going to be one side’s lackey again. I just don’t want to be called outlander, or wrath. Though being called captain for smuggler is acceptable like Risha and Corso do on the reunion. Most of my force characters though, don’t identify anymore with their old role.

And please stop with the whole “I know a lot of people that want this” lol, do a poll on a site or a signature pge and then bring in that data. Or Imma start claiming that a lot of us want a Malgus romance :p

I’ve seen this request in a lot of threads, you should do your research :p A lot of people do want this. And you say Malgus romance? Bro, I’m romancing Khem Val.

Yes, Malgus romance would be something really nice. For my sith characters he was always a role model. Although he had killed his wife, we will find the way to contain him.

I’ve seen this request in a lot of threads, you should do your research :p A lot of people do want this. And you say Malgus romance? Bro, I’m romancing Khem Val.

While that may be true, that doesn't mean that everyone wants it or that everyone that plays the game comes to the forums. I know for a fact out of my guild I am the only one that comes to the forums as everyone else hates the forums. So researching only on the forums is not an accurate way to do it.

And out of all the posts on the forums how many are those the same person just in different threads.

I don't have a problem with an option though.

Edited by casirabit

While that may be true, that doesn't mean that everyone wants it or that everyone that plays the game comes to the forums. I know for a fact out of my guild I am the only one that comes to the forums as everyone else hates the forums. So researching only on the forums is not an accurate way to do it.

And out of all the posts on the forums how many are those the same person just in different threads.

I don't have a problem with an option though.

I get it. I didn’t say everyone wanted it, I said a lot of people do. However, an RPG is an RPG—options are a must. What I’m asking for isn’t wild for this game, nor for BioWare. These are people who specialize in making their players feel immersed.

But more on people wanting it, I haven’t just been seeing this request on the forums. In-game, at least on Satele Shan, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t see someone in chat wishing class stories were continued and that the homogenization of all classes into the Alliance Commander is annoying. What these people are asking for is more individualism, and I think adding a simple “my lord” at the end of a sentence would go a long way for them and for me. I’m not asking BioWare to go the extra mile and return to class stories (as much as I might want that), I’m just asking them to add minor flavor. They’ve already said the dialogue varies slightly per class, why can’t we get a freaking option to be called “Master Jedi” to go along with it? You know? Immersion is the word.

Edited by Joluka

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.