5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion Feedback

EricMusco

Colors seem to be muted or stale on Dantooine. I can't put my finger on what's causing the issue. It's as if graphics have been set back, or scaled backwards maybe. It's just, that everything on Dantooine looks like it comes from an older version of the game and the entire FEEL of the zone is off.

My character's facial expressions are working correctly but his skin looks fake and rubbery while he's running around on Dantooine. That being said, companion complexions look pretty good. It's strange.

I will say that the terrain looks like it will be amazingly pretty, if the graphics and colors are brought in line with the "normal" servers.

I don't know if this has anything to do with what you're seeing, but when I logged in for the first time, the game did some very strange things to my display settings. The resolution was set much lower than normal, all options were set to low, etc. Once I fixed the resolution and settings, everything looked a million times better. If you haven't already checked your settings, you might want to take a look to be sure that the PTS hasn't messed them up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I finish all the dallies and heroics I will make another post.

Faction Empire

Level 70

1. First off the planet is beautiful, and I really loved Polly and the Well

2. Really glad your doing heroic 4s again like ossus, I very happy about it, your promoting grouping.

3. The Mission: Beneath Suspicion With the mouse droid was really fun, and new, one of my favorites.

4. The heroic: Reactor Ransom it's awesome that you guys offer the chance to pay off the ransom, I know not many are going to take it, but it's nice to have that option, it's cool to have different options to finish quests.

5.Hoping for at least one armor set and weapon.

6. None of the daily missions do not have "dally" in the beginning of the title.

Edited by commanderwar

Loving Dantooine. A few things though.

I love how I can run around and use the ability given by the mission "Broadside Barrage" and just bomb every mob I come across.

Regular NPCs in the adventure area will single target companions. And sometimes a single mob is enough to take down a healing companion with influence level 50. Granted I like the idea that the companion isn't OP anymore, however they can go down super quick. This makes doing the Heroic 2 mission solo rather difficult, and I'm in full augmented min-max 248. I did manage to do it, though I wasn't using the "Artillery Beacon from the mission "Broadside Barrage". Again, I like the challenge and am enjoying that they're not super powered, but it's definitely not quite how it should be. But then there are other times where that doesn't happen. It's really strange.

Noticed that Lieutenant Jorin has VO lines that are filtered, but he's not wearing a helmet/mouth covering to have that. This is when you click on him to pick up the mission. Operating under the assumption that it's possibly a stand-in VO line to avoid spoilers. Mentioning it in case it's not.

When activating the Turret Control Terminal for the mission "Pirates. Again.", the dialogue wheel that comes up has no text.

I am unable to activate my mount while moving even though it's unlocked and I have my legacy.

Mine droids at the Dam are popping up when I get close, but they then instantly blow up before I reach them. If I do reach them before they pop up, they take long enough to blow up that I can run a good distance away.

There are no explosives at the Dam to disarm for the mission "Dantooinian Restabilization".

The click area round the mines for the mission "Spy Game" could be a little larger for scanning. It's kinda difficult to be so precise unless up close. But I guess it's not all bad since you can get up close, and it gets far easier. :d_cool:

Nash 'Rage' Cloven from the mission "Shiny New Toy" used Force Lightning.

The walker for the mission "Shiny New Toy" wasn't too bad to take down. Smart use of interrupts and moving around dodging the Sock and Awe (red circles) was easy. But I do agree that the shield activates too frequently for those without a short CD on their interrupt. The other thing is that the shield will reactivate, even though it's already active. This is the biggest problem because it will start to cast the Aegis Shield even though it's already active, you disable the active one with a missile, and then it's back up because it was already casting it. I think if that was fixed and the CD of the missile shortened by ~2-5 sec, it'd be far better.

Republic side, Vanguard level 70.

Did the pubside and impside dailies in basic 230 unaugmented gear with level 15 companions with no problems. It can be a little challenging if you over-aggro mobs but not too difficult.

I can confirm that the explosives for the pub quest 'Explosive Assurances' are not visible on pub characters, but are visible on imp characters.

There's also the usual 'disappearing companion' after doing the mouse droid and turret quests. It's a minor annoyance, but if someone can figure out a way to keep the companion window from disappearing it would be a good QOL improvement.

Did the pubside and impside dailies in basic 230 unaugmented gear with level 15 companions with no problems. It can be a little challenging if you over-aggro mobs but not too difficult.

I can confirm that the explosives for the pub quest 'Explosive Assurances' are not visible on pub characters, but are visible on imp characters.

There's also the usual 'disappearing companion' after doing the mouse droid and turret quests. It's a minor annoyance, but if someone can figure out a way to keep the companion window from disappearing it would be a good QOL improvement.

They can be, but I had only a single regular mob group, and a couple times it was two groups. On Ossus I've aggro'd two or three and didn't have much trouble. But even a healing companion at 50 should be able to handle it for the most part. But like I said, it wasn't all the time. And it was more when one strong or Elite was involved. I'm a HM/NM Ops vet, so I know how to handle my character. That's how I was able to solo that H2 solo. I even got a ways into the Ransom H4 before getting fed up with dying. It's like system is not being consistent with damage output. When I first entered the H2, the first mob did a crazy amount of damage and my companion went down super fast, then I followed. But when I revived I took them out with ease and my comp was only at 1/4 HP while I was at 80%. Same thing with the second mob. There is a mob in the far back with a small camp in that H2, and I demolished them with no trouble.

I too experienced the disappearing companion thing as well, but wasn't fully sure it was that or because I was DC'd several times.

i sent a bug report in:

two mobs were set to close to a large tree so close one of them was stuck 1/2 in, when i attack them that one came out of the tree attack me, only it lasted 2sec then gone back were it was, endless if i was close to them two mob would attack then jump back ended the fight then back again attack me over and over again!

really odd

best way fix it would be move them and ammo chest away a bet from that large fat tree! they attack me and ended endless cycle 2sec battles, lasted 30min, after i walk away it all ended for good!

in the bug report i added the map location were they can be found

X: don't remember it now

Y: don't remember it now

Z: -3

====

added note: found some lore codex and datapad nice, still see what other goodies can be found in that map, nice job:D

Edited by BingyDingy
correction/ added note

I haven't downloaded this version of the PTS yet. I have two questions.

1. Is the event only for lvl 70s or can lower level characters participate like they can for Bounty Hunter & Rakghoul? If it's only for lvl 70s is there a story gate like JUS or can any lvl 70 participate?

2. What gear level is this supposed to be tuned for? How accessible and difficult is is it supposed to be? A little guidance on that would make it much easier to give worthwhile feedback.

World design, quests and H4s are all nice. I also enjoyed Polly.

Buuuuut....

• The H2, as others have mentioned and I have mentioned in a separate thread, is tedious. The Aegis thing needs a longer cooldown or it just sucks for solo'ing. It's not too hard, it's just very very annoying because it takes forever.
  • The decision that you need to do all of the quests twice for the weekly is exceedingly annoying. This is one of several reason almost nobody does the dailies on Iokath - The weekly would require you to go there two days in a row, and it just sucks. Please reconsider
  • As others have mentioned, reputation rewards need to include legacy bound weapons that look real cool, like the kingpin weapons for the nightlife event or the gree stuff or or or. That's what keeps us coming back and doing events again and again, because those legacy bound items (especially offhands) are just so valuable. Although the tree decos are absolutely gorgeous! :)

Also Dantooine doens't seem to have any enemy commanders at enemy bases, named or otherwise?

Edited by Kaldron_Fell

[*] The decision that you need to do all of the quests twice for the weekly is exceedingly annoying. This is one of several reason almost nobody does the dailies on Iokath - The weekly would require you to go there two days in a row, and it just sucks. Please reconsider.

I keep seeing it referred to as a Daily Area.

Folks, remember that Dantooine is NOT a Daily area. It's an EVENT area. You're playing EVENT missions.

However, if you have many many characters, doing it twice on one character isn't a great idea.

I keep seeing it referred to as a Daily Area.

Folks, remember that Dantooine is NOT a Daily area. It's an EVENT area. You're playing EVENT missions.

Indeed.

I did the event area on my main (a level 70 Sith Inquisitor) on Empire side. Here are the positives and the issues I came across on my first play through.

Issues & Requests:

Quick Travel Missing There is NO quick travel back to the Imperial base.

Mission: Marauder Maneuvers -

Please mute Colonel Trazen; hearing her say "we have successfully gained access to their comm channels. Splendid work." every time you loot a quest objective from a mob is VERY irritating.

Mission: Explosive Assurances -

The quest objective's clickable points stay in the area after the mission is completed. Here's a screen shot to show which ones I mean: https://imgur.com/a/Qi1k9Ty

Decoration/Rep Rewards:

The rep decorations are not terribly exciting (a patch of freshly plowed soil? Whose idea was that)? This rug needs to be added to the decoration rewards please (or has it been/will it be added as a CM decoration)?

Stuck Mobs:

This pair of numpty Nova Blades are stuck to this tree and evade everything. Fix them, so they can be severely punished!

Operation Starvation:

Text missing on selection (screenshot)

The "Weekly: Pirate Incursion" is solo player unfriendly

The weekly for the event is designed for repeat visits to the event area on ONE character. I don't think any of the other even areas have this requirement. Groupers will find it much easier to complete, however it will take solo players like me much longer because of the grouping requirements for the H4s (though see my comments on the H4s below). You've also made 6 heroics a requirement for the weekly so (as well as 12 missions) so some of us will rule out doing Dantooine on more than one character which is a shame as I'd like to have done one empire and one republic character per event. Grouping is not the best of play styles for me and I was hoping to avoid it.

The Heroics

Many of us gave feedback on the re-introduction of H4s with Ossus that we thought it was a bad idea. Not only have you ignored this, you've added two to the new event area. Whilst one of them is a pay-to-win many players will not want to pay full or contribute part to complete it that way (see below).

H4 - Beware of Hugo

Attempted this solo - died three times on the mobs leading up to Hugo but I was able to res inside and continue (albeit the res was longer each time). The patrolling mobs inside were a problem for me as a Sith Inq because the two patrolling mobs if attacked or CCd will pull one of the other groups to attack you. Once you get passed those patrolling mobs and the four large groups, Hugo is relatively easy. I didn't notice any stealth detection so stealthers may be able to run past the groups straight to the boss.

H4 - Reactor Ransome

Pay to win for soloers! If you are in-game loaded you can by an item that "converts credits to pay ransome". It costs 15 million credits which many people won't have. You use the item in the room with R0-B5u before clicking on the door item. On use the boss will run out and accept the ransome - quest done. The item says this can be used when in a group too. I did this because I can throw in-game credits at it. Can't comment on the fighting because I took the easy way out and will do so every time.

H2 - Shiny New Toy

This fight is all about timing and having a decent interrupt cooldown which I don't. The final boss has a shield which is impenetrable; you have to break it using the missiles you can loot from various places around the boss area. YOu can only hold one missile at a time and it's on a 25/30 second cooldown :mad: It also takes a couple of second to loot the missile. If you manage to get hit by the boss whilst looting the missile he can hit you for 3/4 of your life - if you don't have good gear with a decent health pool, it is possible for the boss to kill you while you loot the missile. Fortunately I have 256 gear and a 50 influence healing companion so no deaths for me. Once the shield is down you have a few seconds to deal damage before the boss puts his shield back up - classes with good burst damage will do well here. Lightning casters, prepare for frustration. Interrupt shenanigans: even if you interrupt one shield cast, the boss will almost immediately cast another while your interrupt is on cooldown which is VERY frustrating. The fight is long and annoying but definitely doable with just you and your companion. I suggest some changes to the missile cooldown time to make this fight bearable.

Positives:

Graphics - I got a notification about new graphics being available and allowed the change. The new graphics are great HOWEVER, remember to do your graphics settings in preferences too. I forgot and the place looked terrible until I switched my graphics settings to high/ultra depending on the maximum the settings allowed.

Beneath Suspicion (mouse droid mission

Once I worked out how to avoid this water area (my level of "duh" there was off the scale :o), the mouse droid mission is quite good. The bonus to scare npcs is hilarious!

Polly - definitely evil and probably a sith lord plotting to become the next emperor :D The hidden achievement is quite funny.

Look & Potential for Stronghold: the area looks excellent, sort of a cross between what Corellia's buildings might have been like without the bombs and the green areas of Odessan and Alderaan. If a small to medium size Stronghold (Nar Shadaa sized with and additional green garden space) was added which looked out on something like this, I would buy it.

I haven't downloaded this version of the PTS yet. I have two questions.

1. Is the event only for lvl 70s or can lower level characters participate like they can for Bounty Hunter & Rakghoul? If it's only for lvl 70s is there a story gate like JUS or can any lvl 70 participate?.

To answer your first question, there is a planet bolster for characters under 70.

Indeed.

I did the event area on my main (a level 70 Sith Inquisitor) on Empire side. Here are the positives and the issues I came across on my first play through.

Issues & Requests:

The Heroics

Many of us gave feedback on the re-introduction of H4s with Ossus that we thought it was a bad idea. Not only have you ignored this, you've added two to the new event area. Whilst one of them is a pay-to-win many players will not want to pay full or contribute part to complete it that way (see below).

I actually don't mind as long as it's still possible to solo them, even if it's harder, as it is on Ossus. But then I have pretty good gear and a pretty strong legacy, so I can't speak for anyone else obviously.

I found the H2 harder or at least more annoying than the H4s, for exactly the reasons you mentioned (aegis shield, missile cooldown etc)

H4 - Beware of Hugo

Attempted this solo - died three times on the mobs leading up to Hugo but I was able to res inside and continue (albeit the res was longer each time). The patrolling mobs inside were a problem for me as a Sith Inq because the two patrolling mobs if attacked or CCd will pull one of the other groups to attack you. Once you get passed those patrolling mobs and the four large groups, Hugo is relatively easy. I didn't notice any stealth detection so stealthers may be able to run past the groups straight to the boss.

I think I killed two mobs (the first two) and then there was only one patroller. I waited until he was far enough away and snuck along the left side wall to the gate, leaving the other two mobs alone.

H4 - Reactor Ransome

Pay to win for soloers! If you are in-game loaded you can by an item that "converts credits to pay ransome". It costs 15 million credits which many people won't have. You use the item in the room with R0-B5u before clicking on the door item. On use the boss will run out and accept the ransome - quest done. The item says this can be used when in a group too. I did this because I can throw in-game credits at it. Can't comment on the fighting because I took the easy way out and will do so every time.

If you cheese the boss fight and just face tank him it's pretty easy. You can make it much harder on yourself if you try to LoS one of his attack which then hits the generator though.

H2 - Shiny New Toy

[...]

The fight is long and annoying but definitely doable with just you and your companion. I suggest some changes to the missile cooldown time to make this fight bearable.

Fully agree here.

Dantooine Incursion hope the story line is longer than the dailies and the rewards are a lot better.

Overall maps lay outs good, smooth and friendly looking.

Slight issues with feet and ankles disappearing in the mountain rocks.

Daily missions were east to follow.

Heroic + 2 quest was a bit rough it was more like the heroic +4 quests then Heroic + 2 which are usually easy to solo.

really need those chapters back it still completely boring just doing dailies with out a real reason its like watching tennis.:(

Really need a storyline where the alliance commander dies as no person can live for ever and we need to see a few old companions die and new ones come along and or new partnership with rival adversary,

Maybe even rise of new emperor to challenge the alliance, empire and republic as well as other enemies and allies in planet by planet to escape this new emperors clutches in order survival.

Or we could have storyline where you play as a Wookie trying to find way to get a message to Jedi council over invasion plan along the way you discover unknown race who you team up with to fight battle with the empire until help arrives.

Or you play as the new villain who trying to take over the empire by killing off your rivals while plotting against the alliance and republic to crush them both and along the way you kill off companions of the alliance commander to isolate the commander from the his allies in order to kill him.

I think I killed two mobs (the first two) and then there was only one patroller. I waited until he was far enough away and snuck along the left side wall to the gate, leaving the other two mobs alone.

This was my plan but I clearly suck as I aggroed them. It was when I was dead that I saw the second patroller. The first one walks between the first two groups, the second patroller walks between the two groups nearest the boss fence (he's a Trandoshan) but he does stand still in either group longer than the second patroller so you may not have noticed him.

I agree with you on the H2 being harder and more frustrating than the H4s.

If you cheese the boss fight and just face tank him it's pretty easy. You can make it much harder on yourself if you try to LoS one of his attack which then hits the generator though.

Good tip. Based on your feedback, I may give soloing this H4 a go instead of paying the 15 million credits for the easy win option.

Edited by Sarova

Not going to rehash all of the feedback on the actual dailies themselves, it's all been covered by people before me. A few other things I've noted that haven't been brought up yet:

Empire - Opening the Skies

The access cards still drop even after the turret has been sliced, although the turret control console no longer glows.

Empire - Explosive Assurances

The green arrows didn't seem like a good idea to me, so I dragged my eldest child to the screen to look at them. He has a Deuteronomy, meaning he's red/green colourblind, and he found it quite hard to spot the green arrows unless he was really close to them. As for the ones far away, or if the camera was swung around so the arrow was against the sky, he said "Forget it, too hard to see." It might be better if the markers were changed to something like the ones on Ossus; yellow with the upwards beam.

I did solo all three of the heroic missions out of necessity, there was no one else online at 9am Tuesday morning UK time. The trash is Brutal. Capital B Brutal. Would be nice if it was thinned out a bit for all three. I did them on a dps merc and a scoundrel healer, both in 248 gear since I'd not bothered to copy over up-to-date toons and both had lvl 50 comps.

H2 - Shiny New Toy

Once I worked out the walker did 'Shock and Awe', pause, 'Shock and Awe', 'Activating Aegis System', when not interrupted, it was a fairly simple fight. Having said that, the cooldown of the missile could do with being lowered to 20s (it's currently 30s). The kolto stations are a nice touch, it's just a shame that if they don't immediately despawn as soon as you aggro the walker, they never respawn after they are used.

H4 - Beware of Hugo

On a non-stealther, it's actually a lot faster and much less annoying just to kill the first two mobs you see, then run like crazy towards the gate, die, and rez next to the gate, bypassing all the trash. On my merc I just face-tanked Hugo while my comp was set to heals. On the scoundrel, I set my comp to tank. Had no issues at all, just took a little time on my scoundrel. Hostages can be healed up, but it's not really needed as Hugo can be moved away from them.

H4 - Reactor Ransom

More brutal trash that was murdered by my merc and stealthed through by my scoundrel. Boss himself is pretty easy if you eat the casts and use kolto. I did LoS him to see what would happen and half of the reactors blew up, but they seemed to self-repair after a while which made getting the achievement to kill him without repairing the reactors nigh on impossible to get unless you manage somehow to kill him right after he does the cast of doom (can't remember what it's called).

Pirate Incursion Conquest (I have no SH/guild bonus on PTR)

Is the choice of invading 6 planets going the be the new norm or just for this particular conquest? Excluding Galactic, which happens along side any others, this throws up five planetary rampages. Five? I was half expecting to see a new achievement for completing them all in one day on the same toon: 'Snap! - Solely responsible for the eradication of half the galaxy.' ;)

The choice of planets also seems a bit odd and not really in keeping with the pirate theme. I would have expected Rishi and Hoth to be there, but instead we have Ziost and Ossus? But at least you've removed the Ziost rampage.

Dantooine Reputation - 1500 points

01-Use Nova Blades' Contraband

05-Use Nova Blades' ID Tags

03-Use Nova Blades' Tools

It's a nice idea, but it will be rendered obsolete as soon as people max out their reputation.

Black Hole: Raiding the Republic/Empire

Destroy 15 Empire/Republic defenses

I thought these were removed due to hardly anyone actually doing them.

Dantooine dailies & heroics, Balmorra and Taris heroics are currently flagged as indefinatly repeatable at 400 cq points each, where as the Ziost missions are flagged as once per day, per legacy.

Empire/70

There is no way you can solo Heroics. :( It's kind of OK for H4 but not for H2 ?

And the main point is rewards ! If those half-destroyed stone fences and local baobab trees are everything the reputation vendor can offer, then why bother ? :confused:

I appreciate that the event is not exclusive to characters who have completed any particular story content, and thus not especially focused on the Iokath and Ossus choices, but at the same time I wish it was possible for defectors to aid their new faction in these missions rather than their original one.

I appreciate that the event is not exclusive to characters who have completed any particular story content, and thus not especially focused on the Iokath and Ossus choices, but at the same time I wish it was possible for defectors to aid their new faction in these missions rather than their original one.

This. This is one reason my defectors will not do Ossus.

There was one mission I noticed on the Imperial side that does change depending on whether or not you're loyalist/saboteur. The one where you burn the farms and stuff, the last part you either spread the blight if you're loyal or destroy the blight if you're saboteur. And you just don't do the last part at all if you haven't picked a side yet. But that was the only one I noticed. And it's not even really helping them, just hurting them less. Maybe there's an intro mission that sets it up better though I don't know, I wish there was more to it as well.

This. This is one reason my defectors will not do Ossus.

I have long practice with playing my defector as a true defector. She's an agent loyal to the SIS since her class story, when I would have her stealth past as many Republic combatants as the game would allow. She plays the Ossus dailies, but limits herself to the missions where she fights mutated geonosians and droids. By doing so, she helps the Republic in a way (the geonosians being tools of Malora), while seeming to help the Empire (since these are forces indiscriminately hostile to Republic and Empire). It's possible to do the weekly this way if one just does the appropriate missions on different days. :)

There was one mission I noticed on the Imperial side that does change depending on whether or not you're loyalist/saboteur. The one where you burn the farms and stuff, the last part you either spread the blight if you're loyal or destroy the blight if you're saboteur. And you just don't do the last part at all if you haven't picked a side yet. But that was the only one I noticed. And it's not even really helping them, just hurting them less. Maybe there's an intro mission that sets it up better though I don't know, I wish there was more to it as well.

Thanks very much, I didn't realise this because my defector was actively avoiding any anti-Republic missions. But still, yeah, it's not really helping the Republic, is it?

I don't have any Republic defectors to the Empire, but I wonder if the Republic mission where you fight a disloyal trooper would have you help him instead, if you're secretly working for the Empire...

In any case, I hope Bioware will add more defector options. :)

I don't have any Republic defectors to the Empire, but I wonder if the Republic mission where you fight a disloyal trooper would have you help him instead, if you're secretly working for the Empire...

I just went and checked with my Republic defector and you're right, you warn the traitor and he gets away instead of having to kill him.

Edit: You also turn in the medical supplies from the wreckage mission into an Imperial drop box instead of Republic.

Edited by kukumburr

Faction: Republic

Level: 70

The conversation wheel for "Pirates, Again" when you click the Turret Control Terminal has no text.

As noted earlier, there are no explosives to disarm for "Dantooinian Restabilization" and the house with the Quartermaster in it for "An Enemy Among Friends" really needs to be instanced or this mission will be an enormous pain to complete. His current respawn time (I timed how long it took for him to respawn after killing him) is around four and a half minutes, which is crazy. It's a much longer time than the open world named targets on Ossus, and those themselves can be frustrating.

The target size for the northeast ship on "Broadside Barrage" seems to have a harder to hit target box than the others. It would also be nice to have more potential targets on the map than required by the mission. I was the only person on Dantooine when testing this; I have no idea how the mechanic works when multiple players are trying to blow up the same targets.

It would be nice for the cheevos for the Dantooine lore items to be named to know which one is missing, and perhaps for the lore to be indexed under the Dantooine planet entry, as is the case with other planets. I came across all but two of the lore items while playing. (I suppose the other two might be impside or inside the heroic areas where I didn't go).

In terms of the Dantooine Cipher, should there be things to read along with that?