Put a stop to conquest leader boards abuse

FSUJL

if your guild goes for the small yield planets and makes the high yield points make the system stop them for going back to that yield for the next week its killing the small guilds tracking in conquest. the system should only allow them to go for the points the got so if you receive 600k in conquest you should only be able to got for the med or large not screw over a small guild

if your guild goes for the small yield planets and makes the high yield points make the system stop them for going back to that yield for the next week its killing the small guilds tracking in conquest. the system should only allow them to go for the points the got so if you receive 600k in conquest you should only be able to got for the med or large not screw over a small guild

This isn't a bad idea. Large guilds steamrolling the small yield planets is rather bad form. I've thought about how to curb it before, and restricting access based solely on guild size seemed inadequate. Basing this on both guild size and prior performance seems like it would solve things quite well. It may make a few GMs salty though.

Then they make a new guild and have everyone conquer the small planet that way.

Did you even understand the problem?

That would be far more acceptable than the current way of things.

Except that it would be essentially the same problem (large-membership guild flattens small-target planet) with no way to prevent it happening. If it's being done for the titles and the guild-success per-player rewards rather than for any for-the-guild kudos, the problem remains.

For that week, the large-membership guild that's barred from small planets sends its members to the new not-barred guild, and they dominate the small planet. If there are rules about how long the guild has to exist before participating in Conquest, they have a series of small-eligible guilds in preparation, held by "dummy" alts while they "mature". If there are rules about how long characters are members of a guild before they are able to contribute to that guild's conquest results, they stock the small-eligible guilds with alts whose job is to dominate (especially in crafting weeks).

No, there's no way to prevent this stuff (I'm not sure I'd call it "abuse" myself(1), but whatever), and the cost, to the people trying to follow the spirit of the thing, of trying to stop it is probably higher than people want to pay.

(1) Disclaimer: I don't bother with conquest myself. It's not my thing *at*all*, not to mention that the group of IRL people that made up my guild imploded for IRL reasons, and I haven't yet found a reason to find a new set of guilds.

Why not implement a handicap for larger guilds then? Instead of 100 points, they receive 75, or 50? If the devs take multiple attributes into effect (number of individual accounts in a guild, number of max level toons, number of guild perks, frequency at which a given guild hits its goal, etc) then I feel that they can come up with something that will discourage the big guilds from taking the easy route. Individual players are not to be penalized, but the handicap affects the guild only.