Returning Player Question (L65 - L70 Content?)

Moriendor

Mornin'

I'm a returning player to SWTOR and my main is a level 65 Jedi Sage healer spec. I left after finishing the first chapters of the Eternal Throne stuff.

So, I decided to simply continue where I left off and went to play the new chapters. I'm now stuck at the fight with Tayvor. It is way too hard at this point so I think I might have to level up to 70 first and come back then.

My question is: What other content can I do to grind from 65 to 70? Did they ever add new planets or new missions for that 65 - 70 level range? Is there somewhere I can go to pick up a longer story/quest line that will take me to level 70? Is there any new story content aside from the Eternal-Whatever stuff? Or is the only way to get to 70 to grind daily quests and flashpoints all day/night (or do you have to grind those alliance missions that I vaguely remember)?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction! :)

You should be able to easily complete things on story mode and a healer companion, then you can proceed with your expansions and storyline which should give you more than enough XP to get to 70. Edited by FlameYOL

You should be able to easily complete things on story mode and a healer companion, then you can proceed with your expansions and storyline which should give you more than enough XP to get to 70.

This....unless you have a high lvl companion, it'd probably be easier for you to switch to a dps spec and set your companion to heals.

Bear in mind that way back in patch 5.9.3 KotFE/ET chapters got level synched. Tayvor will be lvl 70 when you go back to him.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1022018/game-update-5.9.3-fame-and-fortune

But to beat Tayvor...

Use the consoles on either side of the room when he goes invulnerable and the windows shatter. This will make some guns shoot down the dropships and reduce the incoming damage. And remember to micromanage Kaliyo out of the fire patches.

Bear in mind that way back in patch 5.9.3 KotFE/ET chapters got level synched. Tayvor will be lvl 70 when you go back to him.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1022018/game-update-5.9.3-fame-and-fortune

But to beat Tayvor...

Use the consoles on either side of the room when he goes invulnerable and the windows shatter. This will make some guns shoot down the dropships and reduce the incoming damage. And remember to micromanage Kaliyo out of the fire patches.

Re: Kaliyo in the spoiler box... I've never, ever done that, and I've never had any difficulty finishing this fight either.

Mornin'

I'm a returning player to SWTOR and my main is a level 65 Jedi Sage healer spec. I left after finishing the first chapters of the Eternal Throne stuff.

So, I decided to simply continue where I left off and went to play the new chapters. I'm now stuck at the fight with Tayvor. It is way too hard at this point so I think I might have to level up to 70 first and come back then.

My question is: What other content can I do to grind from 65 to 70? Did they ever add new planets or new missions for that 65 - 70 level range? Is there somewhere I can go to pick up a longer story/quest line that will take me to level 70? Is there any new story content aside from the Eternal-Whatever stuff? Or is the only way to get to 70 to grind daily quests and flashpoints all day/night (or do you have to grind those alliance missions that I vaguely remember)?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction! :)

Hi and welcome back!

There is new content for you after KOTFE and KOTET, but those kind of continue the story so it would spoil your game play. Its made so that you slowly level up during the chapters. If you have issues there then just go do what ever, like Flashpoints, Operations, PVP or even the Uprisigns. This will get you to level 70 and then you will start getting gear from the Galactic Command system. That will still take some time where you need to get at least 230 gear.

Still, those chapters are optimised for a level 65 and should not be that hard, unless you really stand still and hope for a miracle. Keep in mind that if you really cant beat the boss, you can invite other players into your instance and they can help you with the boss. You can invite up to 24 players to help :D so in the worst case, find a friend and you should manage it.

Thanks, folks.

I believe I ran into this bug (from older posts I have read) where I got locked into veteran difficulty on that mission. I chose veteran difficulty upon starting the chapter because I remembered that the first Knights of the Eternal Throne chapters were mind-numbingly boring due to posing zero challenge.

After I realized that veteran difficulty was too hard, I actually reset the difficulty to 'story' both from my character portrait and in the chapter overview, logged out and back in, quit the game, restarted etc. but somehow it must not have stuck.

I haven't played in a few days now and when I returned today it had apparently finally fixed itself.

The fight was a complete cakewalk like the previous chapters. I didn't even get scratched :) whereas before Tayvor would hit me for 13K damage so I went down after two/three hits. Heck, I could barely make it past the first elite knight in that area before.

I believe I spent close to a million credits for repairs during the whole chapter due to being stuck on vet difficulty.

Anyway, everything is "fine" except that the game is now way too easy again ;) .

BTW, another problem was that apparently I had been refunded all of my utility points which I did not notice before. Maybe the game should give returning players a more visible notification about unspent points.