Lag but low ping?

BastillaShan

Hello all,

I've been having an issue and wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I'm experiencing periodical lag and yet my ping remains between 30 to 50. I don't normally have lag so this is rather strange. I don't think it is my own internet being slow, partly due to my ping still being low, and partly because my PC has no issues whatsoever running videos in 1080p on YouTube or playing other online games. This lag I've experienced only seems to happen in SWToR, and only since the new patch hit. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for reading.

I'm having the same thing, Darth Malgus and on Hoth though I also had ability delay and weird lag issues on Belsavis and... well most planets. Very low ping (under 20ms) but getting delay and lag as if my ping is much higher.

Same here. I was on Tatooine then Alderaan & Darth Malgus server. Very weird as I never suffer with lag :confused:

It’s not not an isolated thing. Many people on all servers are having this problem since the update.

Trix the previous lag has been noted by QA that was posted about today about lunch time (our time) and is not considered an ongoing issue at present, however darth malgus is being investigated further at present

Star Forge example:

This is me on Makeb post patch with <20ms ping hitting invisible walls (server side lag).

Dozens of our guildies asked throughout the day about lag issues in guild chat, and general chat on just about all the planets has lots of questions about it too.

Edited by michaelcshow

Star Forge example:

This is me on Makeb post patch with <20ms ping hitting invisible walls (server side lag).

Dozens of our guildies asked throughout the day about lag issues in guild chat, and general chat on just about all the planets has lots of questions about it too.

But is it still occurring right now ?

It is a massive problem that Bioware has probably not reached even though it has massive implications (unplayable). It exists since the last patch and was not removed even after the server restart today.

Also the server Tulak Hord is affected.

Under "bug report" the problem has already been addressed:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=962569

Happening to me on Star Forge too. Still waiting for an official post to from Bioware to acknowledge they are still working on this. So far the only info comes from Owen who does community tech support on the EA/swtor support forums.

It’s 5pm Austin time. I really hope they haven’t decided to go home for the weekend and will look at it on Monday?

I posted this in the other thread. Just wondering if anyone has or could try using Ping Plotter

I have a question for those “bumping into invisible walls” and lagging.

Have any of you tried a program called ping Plotter to see if it’s a problem between you and the server?

I’m in Australia and playing on Star Forge and I’m getting the same lag spikes.

I’ve been running ping Plotter in the back ground and I’ve noticed that when it happens there is a really quick disconnect from the server (represented by a red line).

This does not appear to be my end or any of the hops between me and the server and all the pings are stable. I can only assume this is the server or Bioware network having small hicups.

If it was only me having these spikes or only people on SF or in the APAC region, I would think it was between me and the server somewhere. But because it’s happening on most servers to other people, my conclusion is it’s Bioware.

I know Owen said this was being investigated in another thread, but we’ve still had nothing official from Bioware on when this will be fixed or even if they are detecting it on their end.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I posted this in the other thread. Just wondering if anyone has or could try using Ping Plotter

This is not something that will appear on pingplotter , this actually should start to be self resolving already ingame if you find an instance with the invisible walls , best suggestion at present is to change to another instance if one is available.

Edited by OwenBrooks

This is not something that will appear on pingplotter , this actually should start to be self resolving already ingame if you find an instance with the invisible walls , best suggestion at present is to change to another instance if one is available.

So what’s the actual probelem?

So what’s the actual probelem?

Unfortunately without an official disclosure , I cannot release that information, i can say it should be resolved now.

Eric and a lot of swtor are currently at the star wars celebration

Edited by OwenBrooks

Unfortunately without an official disclosure , I cannot release that information, i can say it should be resolved now.

It isn't resolved on Star Forge. I've been experiencing it since the update, and just today tried leveling through Corellia. Changing instances does nothing for the invisible walls or the lag spikes. The lag spikes are infrequent but occur during combat for me, and cause ability/animation lag of up to 30 seconds.

Similar symptoms on Satele Shan, Taris. Didn't really notice it yesterday, but definitely today. People in chat also reporting same thing. But game is still playable for me, it's more of a nuisance. Although it happens every few minutes, the pauses only last a couple seconds. Edited by superteddybear

Still a thing right now for me as well. Star Forge on Tatooine.

Doesn't seem as bad as before, but still happening.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.