Story Skips to Ossus

Mikel_p

I am having trouble understanding the story skips going directly to Ossus...I've gotten a mix of dark and light story results. I've taken it twice and it appears that KOTFE and KOTET are tied to faction as the imperial characters go dark and republic character choose the light path through those stories... but the Iokath story and the flashpoints that follow do not do that it seems... One of my Sith Warrior characters kept Theron alive when taking the skip. I also did it with a scoundrel who apparently sided with the empire during the Iokath story that i had skipped? I wouldn't mind a guide on how that affects story so i can choose what i wanna skip more carefully... It appears some of the skip is faction based with the Empire being all dark answers and the Republic all light answers and then some of the skip is based on your alignment whether the character itself is dark or light...

I am having trouble understanding the story skips going directly to Ossus...I've gotten a mix of dark and light story results. I've taken it twice and it appears that KOTFE and KOTET are tied to faction as the imperial characters go dark and republic character choose the light path through those stories... but the Iokath story and the flashpoints that follow do not do that it seems... One of my Sith Warrior characters kept Theron alive when taking the skip. I also did it with a scoundrel who apparently sided with the empire during the Iokath story that i had skipped? I wouldn't mind a guide on how that affects story so i can choose what i wanna skip more carefully... It appears some of the skip is faction based with the Empire being all dark answers and the Republic all light answers and then some of the skip is based on your alignment whether the character itself is dark or light...

Even the parts that are 100% dark-Imp/light-Pub aren't actually 100%. Everyone prefers saving / not-killing / etc. their own class companions rather than killing / letting-die / etc. them. (Affects Agents for SCORPIO on KotET Iokath and Warriors for Vette in KotET VIII even though the choice between Vette and Torian is neither dark nor light.) I haven't paid attention to the Iokath and traitor arc stuff on the characters I skipped.

Hmm. Just looking it over. I am ... :confused: confused :confused:.

On my dark Warrior who skipped to reunite with DSJ...

* Koth was angry that I destroyed the Spire.

* Senya was pleased that I did not destroy the Spire.

And yes, on scanning through my skippers, dark or light, Imp or Pub, they all saved Theron and let him rejoin the Alliance.

This post by Charles' about what gets autocompleted for 5.10 may shed some light. It doesn't detail every default choice, though. In general, you are correct that decisions fall along faction line with Rep going light and Imp going dark.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9669534#post9669534

Which does, indeed explain the observed preservation of Theron's life on all my skippers.

But it doesn't explain how my warrior managed to destroy the Spire *and* not destroy it.

Which does, indeed explain the observed preservation of Theron's life on all my skippers.

But it doesn't explain how my warrior managed to destroy the Spire *and* not destroy it.

If Senya is alive for you then I'm assuming you played through Eternal Throne with that character since Imperial characters are assumed to have attacked Senya and killed Arcaan. I'm guessing what happened with your character is you were hit with the bug where some of our choices were being overwritten. On my Sorc, who didn't skip anything, I ended up with both Malcom and Acina dead and even though I sided with the Republic on Iokath I have Quinn as a comp.

If Senya is alive for you then I'm assuming you played through Eternal Throne with that character since Imperial characters are assumed to have attacked Senya and killed Arcaan. I'm guessing what happened with your character is you were hit with the bug where some of our choices were being overwritten. On my Sorc, who didn't skip anything, I ended up with both Malcom and Acina dead and even though I sided with the Republic on Iokath I have Quinn as a comp.

No, Senya is dead, as are Arcann and Koth, because this character skipped from somewhere on Rishi directly to JUS. The problem isn't their state of health (universally dismal), but that Senya's and Koth's "N" panel remarks provide conflicting descriptions of the same event.

No, Senya is dead, as are Arcann and Koth, because this character skipped from somewhere on Rishi directly to JUS. The problem isn't their state of health (universally dismal), but that Senya's and Koth's "N" panel remarks provide conflicting descriptions of the same event.

Sounds like you're encountered Schrodinger's Spire. Your spire is in a state of superposition.