Newbs in ranked PvP

Banderal

The season started Tuesday this last week (March 26th?). All the reports from the "report from the ranked front lines" thread come from AFTER the seasons started.

And yeah, Domi's thread was awesome. And it was in the PvP section.

Are you going with this as your unofficial a ranked PVP a day thread or creating a different one? You are the closest to her optimistic self, you are the spiritual successor to Domi in my eyes. Do it for Domi!

But are they any good in ranked PvP? :p

Actually, "Kraftwerks rocks" sounds like a good guild name.

LoL,

I found this cool YouTube vid on a Roland 303.

In my younger years (1990’s, we’ll before YouTube etc), I was an amateur House DJ at intimate recovery parties. One of my friends had a 303 and we would play together. I use to love using the 303 cause you can do so much with this one instrument. I even did impromptu reggae sets sometimes (for a laugh) only using the 303.

Then my friend got a MC-505 and I was addicted to it. It has this thing called a D Beam control. Scroll through to 6.40min and you can see this guy demonstrate it.

My friend moved to Tasmania and I’ve been wanting to buy one ever since.

I’ve no decks or equipment anymore. We had a break in about 18 years ago and they cleared out with all my vinyl and equipment :(, I didn’t have insurance and I’ve never replaced any of it.

Personally, I prefer OMD ("Maid Of Orleans"). They sound much more ... "emotional" than Kraftwerk. Even as a kid, I hated Kraftwerk because of the coldness in their music. As a kid, I think I didn't evebn call it "music" what they did.

This definition of "music" was later challenged by "Da Da Da" by Trio.

As a kid, I got infused with Manfred Mann's Earth Band by my parents.

One of my first self-bought albums was Tubular Bells. After my father had been bringing me - the innocent child - the album Five Miles Out months before that. Music pieces that were 20 minutes long !

Maybe that's why I just can't tune in with modern music : I'm far too much Prog-infested. ;)

Now, where was the original topic ... ;)

Are you going with this as your unofficial a ranked PVP a day thread or creating a different one? You are the closest to her optimistic self, you are the spiritual successor to Domi in my eyes. Do it for Domi!

Lol. I think this thread got mistaken for that other "report from a rookie" one at some point. :D

And I'm nowhere near Domi's level. I saw that girl engage trolls, talk them down, and turn them into actual helpful friends. Friggin amazing.

Personally, I prefer OMD ("Maid Of Orleans"). They sound much more ... "emotional" than Kraftwerk. Even as a kid, I hated Kraftwerk because of the coldness in their music. As a kid, I think I didn't evebn call it "music" what they did.

This definition of "music" was later challenged by "Da Da Da" by Trio.

As a kid, I got infused with Manfred Mann's Earth Band by my parents.

One of my first self-bought albums was Tubular Bells. After my father had been bringing me - the innocent child - the album Five Miles Out months before that. Music pieces that were 20 minutes long !

Maybe that's why I just can't tune in with modern music : I'm far too much Prog-infested. ;)

Now, where was the original topic ... ;)

I could see how you might feel Kraftwerk's music is "cold" but I didn't get that from it, and don't now either. There's a very mechanical facet to their music, especially their most famous and well known songs from 1980 forward.

That being said, I still marvel at their beats though, I mean for being a bunch of older Germans they really put a ton of focus on beats which is what made their music stand out to other forms of music then. This style also was enjoyed heavily by hiphop/rappers and that's interesting because that was really the start of hiphop and rapping.

It's intriguing to me because Germany wasn't known for this type of music, yet here Kraftwerk was doing music that appealed to urban Americans who liked their beats, in fact so much the fledgling rap genre was sampling heavily from Kraftwerk's music for their own songs.

You mentioned Tubular Bells, and that's funny because I just heard of it about 3 weeks ago, and read about the musician Mike Oldfield who created Tubular Bells. I didn't even listen to it yet, but read about it because it was considered quite progressive for the times. Mike Oldfield's story is interesting too. One word. Drugs. lol. Glad you mentioned it, because I need to listen to that album. :p