Playing the Sith Empire does not feel satisfying/rewarding anymore. (SPOILERS)

SirRickson

Why? Because I miss him and want him around. (Yes, apparently, I'm selfish.) It was stupid for him to hang with Satele, because he would've eventually as a ghost learned that the commander is who went down with the ship with him. I'd say that's more worth his time than Satele, in my opinion. I don't buy that there was no one worth Satele's time. She's always supposedly been so heroic, you'd think she'd go down fighting for what's right, and protecting her republic and order, not camping and not even paying so much as one visit to her son on the same world. She's a lost cause. I don't 'get' her; I suppose I never have, because to me, blood is blood, family is family and is everything, even if you fight amongst yourselves, it's always a united front against anyone else. That's what family and blood is. No matter what. What you believe in defines you. Family is everything and you cling to it and protect it. Her personality has bothered me from the get-go, even before Theron was born, but especially after he was born.

I agree with you that having to join either faction at this point is stupid. Making us help one or the other side really reduces and diminishes who we are and our accomplishments. I think it would've been a lot more fun, as, 'who am I going to take over first?' and 'how will I rebuild these worlds or the preferred world in my image?' and 'What did I want from it, and make it that.'

Taking away the alliance or reducing is just caving to people who think a two-sided battle is exciting...that it's so Star Wars, just because that's how it is in the future. Who's to say what it was in the past. Who's to say the Alliance didn't swallow up both, become an Empire and the newer rebels came up after?

I'm inclined to think we agree on more than not. I just really love Darth Marr and wish he could be back, even as a Force Ghost would be fine, to advise us. I trust him more than Lana, I'll tell ya, and I trust his wisdom.

PS. Don't know if you watch Supernatural, but Crowley, he went down like a Boss, it was awesome, but I miss him too and would love him back on the show.

I really loved Marr as well, and i think he would've been amazing to have as an advisor.

Scourge could make a great advisor as well, i'd take him over Lana tbh, especially after all the time my JK spent with him discussing their different views on the Force.

Off-topic, but Croley was awsome as well. I really wish Rowena could bring him back. I really love her as well, she's a great character : powerfull, funny and complex. And her little thing with Gabriel was really funny too.

SPN has some great female characters, i really loved Charlie as well (i'm glad she's back, even if she's a different version)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really loved Marr as well, and i think he would've been amazing to have as an advisor.

Scourge could make a great advisor as well, i'd take him over Lana tbh, especially after all the time my JK spent with him discussing their different views on the Force.

Off-topic, but Croley was awsome as well. I really wish Rowena could bring him back. I really love her as well, she's a great character : powerfull, funny and complex. And her little thing with Gabriel was really funny too.

SPN has some great female characters, i really loved Charlie as well (i'm glad she's back, even if she's a different version)

I agree, Scourge would be brilliant, especially for my JK. And yes! Love Rowena to bits. She's my favorite female character on the show. She's the whole package and her accent is adorable. Charlie, I'm kind of 'meh' on...she was ok first couple of episodes, but then her charm wore off for me. I think I like the newer version better, less ditzy. Great show, so many great characters, like Bobby too. :) Gotta be careful, I could go on about SPN forever lol.

I agree, Scourge would be brilliant, especially for my JK. And yes! Love Rowena to bits. She's my favorite female character on the show. She's the whole package and her accent is adorable. Charlie, I'm kind of 'meh' on...she was ok first couple of episodes, but then her charm wore off for me. I think I like the newer version better, less ditzy. Great show, so many great characters, like Bobby too. :) Gotta be careful, I could go on about SPN forever lol.

I'd love to see Scourge interact with my SW or SI, i think that could be interesting to see.

Yeah Rowena is probably my favourite female character on this show too.

I like the new Charlie as well, haven't watched season 14 yet, i'm waiting for the season to be over to watch everything at once, so i only go with what i've seen about her in season 13. Firts version, i think what i liked the most was her relationship to the boys, especially with Dean, they had a great brother-sister dynamic.

Yeah a lot of great characters. I think the characters is the reason the show is still doing great even after 14 years.

Oh, i could go on forever about that show as well :D

Time for darth Jadus to rule !

I suspect you’re going to get your wish... and all the more reason for my Inquisitor to jump ship to the Republic.

Jadus is the sort of evil for evil’s sake monster who’s going to make it near impossible for anyone not playing Dark 5 psychopaths to justify doing missions for the Empire.

I suspect you’re going to get your wish... and all the more reason for my Inquisitor to jump ship to the Republic.

Jadus is the sort of evil for evil’s sake monster who’s going to make it near impossible for anyone not playing Dark 5 psychopaths to justify doing missions for the Empire.

I also have that feeling he's preparing his grand come back.

And just like you my imps are not dark / psychopath enough to be willing to follow him, which will propably give me even more reason to want them to actually switch for the Republic.

I do love Jadus's voice and overall charisma though. He's not someone my PCs would want to follow but would make for a nice antagonist.

I also have that feeling he's preparing his grand come back.

And just like you my imps are not dark / psychopath enough to be willing to follow him, which will propably give me even more reason to want them to actually switch for the Republic.

I do love Jadus's voice and overall charisma though. He's not someone my PCs would want to follow but would make for a nice antagonist.

Wouldn't that screw over Agents who were loyal to Jadus?

As for my Inquisitor. Why would they follow Jadus? Unless he's got something I want ... Bring back Marr and Vaylin and I'll happily dethrone Acina / Vowrawn for you! ... then kill you and give it to Marr! :D

As for my Inquisitor. Why would they follow Jadus? Unless he's got something I want ... Bring back Marr and Vaylin and I'll happily dethrone Acina / Vowrawn for you! ... then kill you and give it to Marr! :D

Dunno, maybe that could be an opportunity to have something special for them.

Anyways, my IA never sided with Jadus and went SIS at the end of her class story, so actually switching would work just fine for her.

Lol.

I guess many people agree that Marr was the best part of the Empire

Vowrawn is an expert ritualist as established in the SW quest lines, where he raises the Sith Entity that tells the future. If he can do that, he should bring his buddy Marr back from the dead.

Maybe by the time they bring Marr back, this game will actually be playable for me. I get DC'd every 30 seconds to a minute and no one has suggestions they can offer and I've tried everything offered in the bug report section and then some. :/

Without question. Marr was the one Sith Lord I actually respected and admired. He could have made the Empire into something great.

lol.

marr was weak, he's the proof of this topic. that's why the empire is at this point.

period.

Edited by Thaladan

Vowrawn is an expert ritualist as established in the SW quest lines, where he raises the Sith Entity that tells the future. If he can do that, he should bring his buddy Marr back from the dead.

Maybe by the time they bring Marr back, this game will actually be playable for me. I get DC'd every 30 seconds to a minute and no one has suggestions they can offer and I've tried everything offered in the bug report section and then some. :/

Yeah, then from that day on he will be known as Darth Vow-wow-wow-rawn! :)

Yeah, then from that day on he will be known as Darth Vow-wow-wow-rawn! :)

Many of the ladies have already been calling him that, myself included lol. He's a favorite. I'm just bummed that for him to be Emperor, we'd have to side with the Republic...no way I'm going to do that lol. Except on the one dedicated toon lol.

Frankly, the only people who should be griping are the Republic die-hards. There are so many Imps in the game -- because gamers are edgelords who love being the bad guys -- that the Republic is constantly losing in warzones and GSF, where there's direct competition between the factions.

So not to be a classified as an edgelord we now have to play the Republic faction or else?

Pretty sure the Imperial bias present from day 1 of swtor's launch stems from the Horde bias in World of Warcraft.

FOR THE HORDE. The would be bad guy faction takes a protagonist role for online players. It's just the way it is. Imperial trooper armor in swtor is butt ugly, but thankfully, the art department hasn't been able to make good looking republic trooper armor either. So I don't feel like I'm missing out by entering warzones as a Merc/Powertech instead of a Trooper.

Edited by Falensawino

Why would I want to follow anyone? I've been given mine own planet with my own army in which I am Lord and Master and that suits me just fine. I'm no beta seeking to lick boots for protection, I'm a Queen in my own right forging my own destiny.

Why would I want to follow anyone? I've been given mine own planet with my own army in which I am Lord and Master and that suits me just fine. I'm no beta seeking to lick boots for protection, I'm a Queen in my own right forging my own destiny.

Except your fleet is gone, unless you somehow forgot about Nathema and the Gravestone going all "boom!" You were never a leader of a real faction, like the Empire or the Republic: none of us were. We were either peacekeepers or wannabe Emperors/Empresses with just enough firepower to keep both sides from doing anything. We were nuclear deterrents, and we've lost our nukes. We don't have a choice but to pick a side because we don't have the ability to survive on our own.

Except your fleet is gone, unless you somehow forgot about Nathema and the Gravestone going all "boom!" You were never a leader of a real faction, like the Empire or the Republic: none of us were. We were either peacekeepers or wannabe Emperors/Empresses with just enough firepower to keep both sides from doing anything. We were nuclear deterrents, and we've lost our nukes. We don't have a choice but to pick a side because we don't have the ability to survive on our own.

Denigrate it as you please but the fact is I am the Empress of my own Eternal Alliance with absolute dominion and control over my own planet. I was never a 'wannabe", I am exactly just that-- A Sovereign with respect, subjects, an army and 2 worlds under my crown. We can survive on our own just as well as the empire and republic have been able to survive on their own. Its simply with war coming we can't afford to be caught in the middle fighting on two fronts and neither of the other factions can survive without our power added to theirs.

Denigrate it as you please but the fact is I am the Empress of my own Eternal Alliance with absolute dominion and control over my own planet. I was never a 'wannabe", I am exactly just that-- A Sovereign with respect, subjects, an army and 2 worlds under my crown. We can survive on our own just as well as the empire and republic have been able to survive on their own. Its simply with war coming we can't afford to be caught in the middle fighting on two fronts and neither of the other factions can survive without our power added to theirs.

The Eternal Alliance would get sandwiched between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire.