The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Species Mixing

godagarah

This should totally be a thing that would make for some sick combos like being a cyborg chiss rattataki mutant(from my other thread) to name off one such combo and can mix as many races as the races that are availiable to you. Also the more races that are mixed the more deluded the benefits are and the only only 2 races not being deluded are the cyborg and mutant. Also since they can effect other races as well as they can by their selves and turn both of them into mixing options instead of their own races since it appears they default to human anyways. Also if u have them unlocked through legacy u get the respective mixing options free automatically. Also people who are already a cyborg or mutant will become a cyborg human or a mutant human respectively with their character appearance fully preserved. Edited by godagarah

Besides the obvious lore implications of certain species not being able to cross-breed with each other, this wouldn't quite work. A few more customization options could help in making a hybrid but this would require a complete revamp of the system which likely isn't happening due to time and budget.

I agree, Cyborg should never have been a species, but an adaptation, just like vampires should never have been a species in Everquest 2 but rather an affliction.

I've been gone from EQ2 for a looooong time ... they added vampires as a species?

I've said in other threads that "cyborg" should have just been another slider available for each species during character generation. It makes no sense for it to be limited to humans (and not even all human faces are available at that).

I've been gone from EQ2 for a looooong time ... they added vampires as a species?

I've said in other threads that "cyborg" should have just been another slider available for each species during character generation. It makes no sense for it to be limited to humans (and not even all human faces are available at that).

Yeah Vampires are a thing in EQ2, been there for a while. They have a race trait where they can fly as a cloud of bats and aren't limited to skulking around in the dark. They're called Freebloods. This is one of my vampires. And this one without crazy hair.

This is my first EQ2 character, a mystic fae, sporting his mystic's mythic weapon.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I agree, Cyborg should never have been a species, but an adaptation, just like vampires should never have been a species in Everquest 2 but rather an affliction.

Agreed, you can sort of make do with some of the cybernetic sets but I always felt like Cybernetic implants should've had its own slider for all species. Especially considering how humanoid every species looked back in vanilla so it shouldn't be too hard to add implants for most of them. But alas that didn't happened.

Yeah Vampires are a thing in EQ2, been there for a while. They have a race trait where they can fly as a cloud of bats and aren't limited to skulking around in the dark. They're called Freebloods. This is one of my vampires. And this one without crazy hair.

This is my first EQ2 character, a mystic fae, sporting his mystic's mythic weapon.

Thread derail!

Hah, wow. Vampires ... I used to slaughter them by the thousands when I was power leveling characters hehe.

My first EQ2 character was a dark elf swashbuckler ... back when the betrayal quest was a huge pita and could not be done solo. Then the fae came along and I fell in love with that race. I stopped playing not long after the Age of Discovery expansion (towards the end of 2011).

But yeah ... SWTOR, cyborgs ... right. It would be nice if they removed the race cyborg, changed all of the current cyborgs to human (as that's what they technically are), gave all former cyborg characters a free race change token, and added in a cyborg slider for all races that contains all of the current cyborg additions plus some new ones. I doubt it would happen but it would probably be the best way to handle it if it does happen.

But yeah ... SWTOR, cyborgs ... right. It would be nice if they removed the race cyborg, changed all of the current cyborgs to human (as that's what they technically are), gave all former cyborg characters a free race change token, and added in a cyborg slider for all races that contains all of the current cyborg additions plus some new ones. I doubt it would happen but it would probably be the best way to handle it if it does happen.

They would also have to add the base face looks for Cyborgs to humans, since they aren't the same as the ones for humans.

But it's way, way too late to actually remove Cyborg as a species. The closest we could get would be to disable selecting Cyborg on new characters / in the Appearance Kiosk, while simultaneously leaving existing cyborgs alone.

If you want to see some fun about why changing the construction of the sliders is a non-starter at this point, compare the order of hair styles on different classes. See my first post in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959637 for an example.