Contraband Slot Machine - Guide

Pacram

I ran through 4k-5k spins and didn't get one certificate. I guess my patience isn't what others have I gave up trying to get certificates after that. It's not so much a matter of cost, I just couldn't be bothered sitting there clicking slots for hours on end lol. Talk about patience.

Sorry, but that does not mean anything regarding probability calculation and the "law of large numbers". You might have gotten 5 certificates within the next 5000 spins. :.-)

Only large sample sizes have any reliabilty.

Can you provide proof of this though, reason being is the numbers i tested I have evidence for. I don't have evidence for what you're saying, if you provide me with it i'd be happy to edit the guide

No, how could you or me prove this? But why should I lie anyway? Where's the benefit for me? :-)

I just can provide my results from an almost 7 figures big sample size. This has SOME meaning although as an IT guy/mathematician I still have to acknowledge that 2000/certificate still must not be the actual coded probability here but it's likely somewhat in that range. For a very long time I even had a 1500 spins/certificate and even below that.

I only tracked down the certificates btw and not the other stuff since this was not important to me at all.

Whether it’s 2000, 5000, or 10000 the actual experience of every player involved is that these certs are exceedingly rare. I don’t think we should be arguing about whether the drop rate is 1 in 4000 or 1 in 2000. I think it’s been excessively nerfed, and needs a correction, probably by an order of magnitude.

Sorry, but that does not mean anything regarding probability calculation and the "law of large numbers". You might have gotten 5 certificates within the next 5000 spins. :.-)

Only large sample sizes have any reliabilty.

I was just sharing my personal experience. I understand that your contribution of millions of spins would give a better idea what the actual drop rate on certs would be, I wasn't trying to say your assessment was wrong. :p

Whether it’s 2000, 5000, or 10000 the actual experience of every player involved is that these certs are exceedingly rare. I don’t think we should be arguing about whether the drop rate is 1 in 4000 or 1 in 2000. I think it’s been excessively nerfed, and needs a correction, probably by an order of magnitude.

This is actually what I would like to say too. The nerf was ridiculously hard, and for people like me made the slots not worth playing.

I guess the only good thing is I had set up so many of them early on, when they combined SHs from different servers I ended up with 36 total cartel slots. I even had 3 in my bank saved which I sold for quite a lot of credits when I had gotten back to the game after a long break, so they did find use there. They are fun to use as decorations in my NS SH, but useless seeing I got maxed rep from them years ago.

They could add new rewards for wins on the slots, if they don't want to bump up the frequency they drop rewards. That would probably breath new life into using them again.

After 5,000 tokens, no cartel certificates. Add in the few thousand I spent over the last couple of years, also without a cartel certificate. I guess my luck is bad.

I really wish they'd increase the odds significantly, and just increase the cost of the tokens to match, if they're worried about the economy. The real drag for me isn't the credits required, it's the amount of time. All those spins simply take too long.

I also hope they come out with more usable slot machines that drop other rep items, as I'm maxed for that one.

At least for now, it's much easier and faster to get Cartel Certificates from packs, plus you have usable (or at least sell-able) items to show for the "spins" that don't have a certificate.

Edited by Xina_LA

I don't think buying 50,000 chips is the solution to obtaining a few cartel certificates. It is boarder line ludicrous. This was originally created to make things 'fun' and to be 'enjoyed' by getting prizes from the Nar event. Well it isn't fun if all you're getting is bunch of useless crap that you're selling back to vendor at a massive loss for nothing.

Ironic thing is the nerf was put in place because some special snow flakes complained that it ruined the economy because of mats. Fast forward to today and now people can get jawa junk in the dozens by just opening Command RNG crates and completing conquest/dailies.

I remember them saying they were going to look at adjusting it but had no plans currently. That was 2016-2017. We are now in 2019. Wouldn't hold my breath.....

Edited by DarkEcIipse

This was originally created to make things 'fun' and to be 'enjoyed' by getting prizes from the Nar event.

They have systematically removed "fun" things from the game consistently over time. As the game ages the gameplay becomes less enjoyable thanks to their "fixes" and supposed improvements.