The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Returning player, just let us buy credits from the Cartel Market.

Overtone

Hello,

As a returning player it would be nice if we can just buy credits straight out instead of playing the auction house game. I dont plan to get involved with the AH or crafting part of swtor again, so it would be nice if I can just cut right to the chase and purchase credits.

Hello,

As a returning player it would be nice if we can just buy credits straight out instead of playing the auction house game. I dont plan to get involved with the AH or crafting part of swtor again, so it would be nice if I can just cut right to the chase and purchase credits.

This has got to be a troll post, and definitely worth reporting.

Hello,

Even though I'm dang poor, I strongly disagree. It would, as already said by the other guy, make the game even more P2W, "as it already is". And it would destroy the economic system, which will eventually lead to many players leaving this game behind tbh.

Yeah, I feel you that it is not that easy to get credits as a returning player, because I am one as well, but you just have to go through it, there is no other way around it. Or just spend Cartel coins to buy Cartel Market items and sell them on the GTN, lol.

Even though I'm dang poor, I strongly disagree. It would, as already said by the other guy, make the game even more P2W, "as it already is". And it would destroy the economic system, which will eventually lead to many players leaving this game behind tbh.

Yeah, I feel you that it is not that easy to get credits as a returning player, because I am one as well, but you just have to go through it, there is no other way around it. Or just spend Cartel coins to buy Cartel Market items and sell them on the GTN, lol.

How exactly would it be P2W? I don't understand.

I also don't understand how the current game situation "as it already is" is P2W?

And how could the economic system be even more destroyed? It is beyond ridiculous already anyway.

I support the idea. The game is being kept alive by Cartel whales anyway. I got a raise 4 times during the last year, because my employer apparently values my work quite a bit. At the same time, I cannot be bothered anymore to play the GTN game properly or farm content I have been playing for 7 years. Why shouldn't I be allowed to buy credits directly for rl moolah? (And no, I probably wouldn't do that as there is nothing for me to spend the credits on.)

How exactly would it be P2W? I don't understand.

Because then instead of having to work for your credits you could just buy them.

I also don't understand how the current game situation "as it already is" is P2W?

Yeah it's definitely not P2W as it is.

And how could the economic system be even more destroyed? It is beyond ridiculous already anyway.

Because that would be yet another source of credits, one that not a lot of players would have access to in huge quantities. So you'd end up with even more inflation in the GTN and an "elite" of players who have more disposable income and are able to get more credits that way.

I support the idea. The game is being kept alive by Cartel whales anyway. I got a raise 4 times during the last year, because my employer apparently values my work quite a bit. At the same time, I cannot be bothered anymore to play the GTN game properly or farm content I have been playing for 7 years. Why shouldn't I be allowed to buy credits directly for rl moolah? (And no, I probably wouldn't do that as there is nothing for me to spend the credits on.)

Yes, but buying CC=/=buying credits from the CM. Congratulations for a raise... that still has nothing to do with the game or farming credits, letting players buy credits as I've said will only make matters worse in addition to making the game P2W. If you can't put in the effort into either playing the GTN game or farming credits through dailies then quite simply you don't deserve the reward for doing said content.

Edited by FlameYOL

Yeah it's definitely not P2W as it is.

This game already is P2W and just buying credits straight out doesn't change that fact. People already purchase Cartel Market items to turn around, sell it in the GTN, and get credits. The only difference would be you dont need the GTN to hopefully sell an item to get credits.

How is the Cartel Market not P2W?

This game already is P2W and just buying credits straight out doesn't change that fact. People already purchase Cartel Market items to turn around, sell it in the GTN, and get credits. The only difference would be you dont need the GTN to hopefully sell an item to get credits.

This game isn't P2W, you're not buying credits or endgame armor directly from the Cartel Market, it's not a "fact" by any measurement of imagination. Tradeable cosmetic items=/=P2W, imagine how fun it would be an armor you don't want and be stuck with it. Unable to trade, or even sell it, to get the cosmetic item you want. This helps the player as someone who doesn't, or can't, pay for multiple hypercrates might still be able to get the CM item they want through good old grind or playing the GTN.

How is the Cartel Market not P2W?

Refer to my last paragraph.

This game isn't P2W, you're not buying credits or endgame armor directly from the Cartel Market, it's not a "fact" by any measurement of imagination. Tradeable cosmetic items=/=P2W, imagine how fun it would be an armor you don't want and be stuck with it. Unable to trade, or even sell it, to get the cosmetic item you want. This helps the player as someone who doesn't, or can't, pay for multiple hypercrates might still be able to get the CM item they want through good old grind or playing the GTN.

Refer to my last paragraph.

It is P2W when you can purchase an item, sell it for credits, and then turn around and purchase armor. It's just a longer process since you first have to wait before you can sell the item and then eventually sell it in the GTN.

The market would still be there for people to purchase items from the Cartel Market in the GTN, that market will never go away.

It is P2W when you can purchase an item, sell it for credits, and then turn around and purchase armor. It's just a longer process since you first have to wait before you can sell the item and then eventually sell it in the GTN.

The market would still be there for people to purchase items from the Cartel Market in the GTN, that market will never go away.

That's "pay to accelerate", since you can get credits in-game (slowly, for sure). (And think: those credits you get when you sell that item on the GTN came from someone getting them in-game.)

Pay to win is where you have to pay real money for something that gives an advantage that can't be countered by just playing the game. (Imagine if 258s were only available for real cash money (i.e. not even by Cartel Coins). That would be Pay To Win at its finest.)

You are conflating the concept of pay to win with credit farming, and plenty of people in this post have attempted to explain to you that the game is not play to win. They are correct.

Edited by xordevoreaux