Question from a returning player about final class choice.

Nafka

I have returned to SWTOR after a long time and im loving it so far. So much in fact ive almost completed all the original stories except for one.

Imperial agent has always been a tough one for me to read as far as my play style. So im asking you all for input. As far IA im interested in PVE only and basically just playing solo just for the story. What can anyone suggest for as far as the 2 choices in IA and also which build to choose after that from the list of 3.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Sniper is fine, does a lot of burst damage. Marksman and engineering are both good; I tend to prefer engineering. Operative is also fine; the major advantage is being able to stealth through combat. There are certainly places in the IA story where I miss not being able to skip fights. The aoe isn't bad but not as good as Snipers. I like the uh...the middle tree for operative, with the knives. The pvp one is also fine for pve, just don't take the healing one.

If you're leaning towards op, as far as story goes the only time iirc that an npc in your class story recognizes your class, she assumes you're a sniper. It's not a big part of the story though and you don't respond to her.

If you're leaning towards op, as far as story goes the only time iirc that an npc in your class story recognizes your class, she assumes you're a sniper. It's not a big part of the story though and you don't respond to her.

There are references to sneaking around, which to me speaks of stealthing.

I have returned to SWTOR after a long time and im loving it so far. So much in fact ive almost completed all the original stories except for one.

Imperial agent has always been a tough one for me to read as far as my play style. So im asking you all for input. As far IA im interested in PVE only and basically just playing solo just for the story. What can anyone suggest for as far as the 2 choices in IA and also which build to choose after that from the list of 3.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

The play style on Agent is exactly the same as the play style on Smuggler, although the animations will look a little different, in part because of the different weapons.

So take your favourite Smuggler set-up and use Dulfy.net's Disciplines Calculator at http://dulfy.net/2014/10/13/swtor-disciplines-calculator-swtor_miner/ to find the corresponding Agent set-up.

My personal favourite is the concealment (I think that's what it's called, the knife discipline) operative and to make things more interesting, I usually run without a weapon equipped.

You'll never be competitive but running around knifing things just seems to fit so much better than hauling around a rifle.

Also, you get access to the (legacy?) hand to hand abilities.