The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I really need more simple outfits

grania

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I need more outfits that are dyeable without the bells and whistles. And pockets and balls and canisters and ammo and backpacks and spikes and antennae and straps and bibs and codpieces and butt flaps and visors and horns and bandoliers and a red dot thing that's on every imperial style outfit and insignia and hoses and chains and buckles and random brown undyeable areas and shoulder pads and buttons.

Think what easy money that would be for ya? :o

Well then I just want regular PANTS that look like PANTS, bulky and loose - not like tights for ballerinas, with my dick and *** visibly stick out on them.

The one and only adequately looking pair I've found is Security Chief's trousers - and getting them for EVERY of my characters is nearly impossible, because they can only be found in Cartel Packs and are rare on GTN.

Stupid Hero Engine which makes all outfits look like BDSM-equipment.

Well then I just want regular PANTS that look like PANTS, bulky and loose - not like tights for ballerinas, with my dick and *** visibly stick out on them.

The one and only adequately looking pair I've found is Security Chief's trousers - and getting them for EVERY of my characters is nearly impossible, because they can only be found in Cartel Packs and are rare on GTN.

You know that you only need to find one copy, right? And you use the *full* armour set on a character, then pay the account-wide unlock fee in the Collections interface, and bingo, all your characters, present and future, can claim as many copies as they want for no further cost.

You know that you only need to find one copy, right? And you use the *full* armour set on a character, then pay the account-wide unlock fee in the Collections interface, and bingo, all your characters, present and future, can claim as many copies as they want for no further cost.

Finding the whole Security Chief set is even harder, you know.

The closest thing I have found to basic pants is from a set called Formal Militant. I use them all the time. I checked out security chief and all three sets that were on sale were much cheaper than formal militant set, and they had a similar look. Though I'm sticking with formal militant because I like it more.

You know what I'd kill for, a simple breastplate over a body suit, kind of like what Juda in the BH story wears. Though it still has a random blue "light" on it and some other weirdness, it's close to the thing I feel I'm really lacking for my lowbie trooper.

We really do need new outfits that dye well. I love some of the fancy outfits, but too many pieces of them don't dye, so there is a very limited range of color that looks good on them.

Plus, face it, some of those dyes are ugly as sin. Atrocious color combinations, to say the least. We really need a system revamp that separates primary and secondary colors, otherwise we'll need hundreds of different dye modules to really support outfit customization. And face it, being able to customize outfits makes us more likely to spend Cartel Coins on fancy cosmetics.

I would love some new outfits that don't have spikes, shoulder pyramids, steel backpacks, hoods, crotch curtains, or hanging bits on the upper torso that collide with any robes/skirt you try to wear.

I'd love to have more of the outfits you see NPCs wearing in cantinas, in their homes, and on the street.

Edited by Xina_LA

crotch curtains

Those curtains are... Actually almost mandatory for male players, if your pants are not pants but ugly "tights" made for ballerina or Mr. Masochist cosplay. Either BioWare should rethink the idea of legwear in this game at all or, at least, they should make more torso parts with curtains that you despice. C'mon, I mean, think about us and our miserable situation!

Also I've found the whole set of Security Chief, bought it and made it collectible - I'm so glad that now I can freely create any new character I want knowing that he will always got his "acceptable trousers", as I call 'em.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Those curtains are... Actually almost mandatory for male players, if your pants are not pants but ugly "tights" made for ballerina or Mr. Masochist cosplay. Either BioWare should rethink the idea of legwear in this game at all or, at least, they should make more torso parts with curtains that you despice. C'mon, I mean, think about us and our miserable situation!

Since this is a video game and not real life, I fail to see why crotch curtains would be necessary. The male avatars have the boy bits of a Ken doll, so nothing to hide there, and they can't have awkward reactions either. If it makes you feel more manly, professional baseball players and American football players wear skin tight pants too, not just ballet dancers.

Now back to the op: Yes please on more simple clothes! And bring back the ability to dye low level gear in the outfit designer so we can use what we do have!

Since this is a video game and not real life, I fail to see why crotch curtains would be necessary. The male avatars have the boy bits of a Ken doll, so nothing to hide there, and they can't have awkward reactions either. If it makes you feel more manly, professional baseball players and American football players wear skin tight pants too, not just ballet dancers.

Hmm, you've got a point, but I still personally can't get over the sense that it's just wrong and ugly. :(

And bring back the ability to dye low level gear in the outfit designer so we can use what we do have!

This. And yes to more basic stuff.

...And the next thing we'll see added to the CM is an outfit with actual bells and whistles.

The diabolist set is so close to perfect, but then they put a random band of undyable burlap around the middle because, I have no idea. Ruins the whole thing. The life day robes are pretty simple, but for the tire rim around the neck. It goes on and on like that which is strange because you'd think it'd be easier to put out some sets without all the extras.

Some simple, quite casual outfits could be nice, as long as there is no uggly hood with them, i hate hoods and capes.

I don't really like long dresses either as it's completely unpractical to fight, but you can at least use them on non fighting occasions

lul