• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
How speeders should be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RexFsA_KWgQ

How speeders are:

I LOL'd.

Yep, have to agree. It's a misnomer to call them "speeders" in SWTOR when they go so slow.

I can understand the lvl 25 speeder giving a 90% speed increase. But at lvl 40, there's no excuse for dropping 210,000 to get a 10% bonus. It should be more like 90% > 150% > 200% instead of 90>100>110.

Come on, Bioware... what were you thinking????

Edited by Sylin

I LOL'd.

Yep, have to agree. It's a misnomer to call them "speeders" in SWTOR when they go so slow.

I can understand the lvl 25 speeder giving a 90% speed increase. But at lvl 40, there's no excuse for dropping 210,000 to get a 10% bonus. It should be more like 90% > 150% > 200% instead of 90>100>110.

Do you realize that around +100% (aka double running speed) is the standart ground mount speed in most mmos (I say "around"). If they make it +200% (aka triple) what will they do 2-3 years from now? They will make 600% mount maybe? You dont see big difference because your first mount is called Sprint +35% at lvl14 and most compare against it not against pure running.

Edited by SBite

Do you realize that around +100% (aka double running speed) is the standart ground mount speed in most mmos (I say "around"). If they make it +200% (aka triple) what will they do 2-3 years from now? They will make 600% mount maybe? You dont see big difference because your first mount is called Sprint +35% at lvl14 and most compare against it not against pure running.

Actually, no, that's not my problem at all. My problem is that there are currently 3 levels of mounted speed in the game and there is hardly any difference between them at all. From 90 to 100? And then 100 to 110? Please.

If, using your argument, Sprint is a barometer for mount speed increases, then the difference between lvl 25, 40, and 50 mounted speed should be 30-40% increases, not 10%.

And for the record, current mounted speeds in, for example, WoW, are ~500% of running speed, and it took 7 years for that to happen. Even the vanilla mounted speed went from 60% to 100%. Bioware could go 35% (Sprint), 100% (lvl 25), 150% (lvl 40), 180% (lvl 50), and still have room for 5-7 years of speed increases through content.

It's not as if mounted speed has to increase with each expansion. The problem, as others have pointed out, is that in SWTOR it just doesn't seem like you're going very fast... because you aren't.

I LOL'd.

Agreed. I don't remember the movies having five minutes of speeder travel. Kill mobs. 5 more minutes of travel.