Guardian DPS over Sentinel survivability

Kalaar

I hate the fact that now I have come across some players who do not want a sentinel in their group or flashpoint because we are to squishy and that our damage is nearly equal to the guardian vigilance spec. Because they have the same dps or almost the same and they have better armor and avoidance we are being passed over group spots.

I hate the fact that now I have come across some players who do not want a sentinel in their group or flashpoint because we are to squishy and that our damage is nearly equal to the guardian vigilance spec.

That is very sad to hear. I was afraid something like this would come to light... :(

How did they come to the determination that sent does bad Dps without a damage meter? Oh that's right a bunch of fail Morons on the forum said so. Knowing how to play and having some situational awareness would cure most people's issues with sentinel.

Oh well, but I think those groups are passing over a useful team member to have. Since I don't see many Guardians out there as a tanking option, that means most of the tank role is being filled by Vanguards. Therefore it leaves a slot open for a Jedi Knight in order to get the Force Might buff as well as some good skills, notably Force Kick which is a cheap, effective interrupt.

Sentinels are getting a bad name from people who suck with it and that's a shame.

Edited by SteveGarbage

I hate the fact that now I have come across some players who do not want a sentinel in their group or flashpoint because we are to squishy and that our damage is nearly equal to the guardian vigilance spec. Because they have the same dps or almost the same and they have better armor and avoidance we are being passed over group spots.

To those people I say l2play.

I found hardly any tank who can hold aggro when I start hitting the boss freaking out with full usage of my arsenal. Thats why they implentet so many incoming DMG reduction skills for us, since we would die on the long term due to tanks who can´t hold aggro:D

P.S.: It seems that those players are mostly people who got beat up hard by Sentinel/Marauder in PvP 1 vs 1 any time they come across them.

Just you wait till you get to 50 or whenever we get Inspiration, that little skill will be high in demand as soon as we get a stable level fifty community.

And as someone else meantioned in this thread we are getting a bad name from kids who

think it's cool to run around with dual lightsabers and are probably only useing the Strike ability.

How did they come to the determination that sent does bad Dps without a damage meter? Oh that's right a bunch of fail Morons on the forum said so. Knowing how to play and having some situational awareness would cure most people's issues with sentinel.

there are a few MMOs out there that dont have dps meters or let you export the combat log. yet they still have stats and equations for certain builds/gear and their dps.

that's what it is though, calculations and equations to base it off of. so real world numbers could vary. but the math is still there

The only way a Guardian is going to maintain better avoidance than a Sentinel is to keep on all that defense/absorb gear. Oddly enough, neither of those stats positively effect DPS. A Guardian without these stats will certainly have more mitigation than a Sentinel, but they don't have all of our tricks.

Personally, the only time I die in flashpoints is when it's a wipe. Sure, we take damage here and there, but you have to be flying pretty blind for Force Camo not to get you out of a sticky.