Turn to the dark side or light side option.

Romothian

We have the ability to chose light or dark. However, if we are a Jedi and choose the dark side why not make it so we can visit dark side homeworlds (same goes for Sith turning to the light) as an ally or prove ourselves dark or light by a whole new set of quest? Possibly becoming a Revanite? Just a thought. Edited by Romothian

You’re referring to faction swapping...something they’ve said they’re considering implementing for 6.0 but haven’t yet given a definite yes/no as to whether it’s going to happen yet

Well, I certainly hope they follow through with it. It would add so much depth to the game and draw in more players.

As force users, we have the ability to chose light or dark. However, if we are a Jedi and choose the dark side why not make it so we can visit dark side homeworlds (same goes for Sith turning to the light) as an ally or prove ourselves dark or light by a whole new set of quest? Possibly becoming a Revanite? Just a thought.

"dark side homeworlds"? Where would those be? (Hint: "Empire" and "Dark Side" are not interchangeable. Some of the most fascinating - for me, anyway - interactions are in the Sith Warrior story if you go down the light-sided path.)

Oh, and *all* characters can choose light or dark, not just Force users.

And the Revanites are toast. Done. Pushing up the daisies. Pining for the fjords. All that stuff.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

"dark side homeworlds"? Where would those be? (Hint: "Empire" and "Dark Side" are not interchangeable. Some of the most fascinating - for me, anyway - interactions are in the Sith Warrior story if you go down the light-sided path.)

Oh, and *all* characters can choose light or dark, not just Force users.

Dark side home worlds.... indicating Korriban, Dromund Kaas. Ring a bell? Lol (Fyi Empire and Sith both represent the dark side of the force.) The point I was making: if we start out as a Jedi and chose to be dark then eventually we could dedicate ourselves to become Sith. Thereby giving us access to dark side homeworlds. Or more simply: access to the Empires home planets. And I was just using Jedi and Sith as an example. The same choice would apply to all characters. To be specific, smuggler/bounty hunter classes and vanguard\sniper classes could be interchangeable in the light or dark choice option.

I am completely aware that all characters can choose light or dark side. By the way, rather than trying to make people feel stupid, you could try being polite by asking questions if you are not sure what they are talking about. It's called respect you might try it sometime, you get better results.

Edited by Romothian

You might want to change your title, you want faction-swapping (something that has been brought up before) not anything to do with dark side and light side.

Imperial does not equal Dark Side and Republic does not equal Light Side.

The reason I refer it to dark and light side, is because we gain points either for dark or light. Why not make it an official way turn to the dark side or turn to the light? Basically, the more choices we make either for dark or light determines whether or not we turn to the dark or the light, enabling a character to go from Jedi to Sith and Sith to Jedi. With the ability to go to opposite main planets. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

All I'm saying is that our force alignment chooses our faction.

Edited by Romothian

So, what you’re saying you want to see, is, if I have a dark 5 Sith warrior and toggle the little light/dark button by the minimap to switch it to light, I should be going to republic fleet/homeworlds instead of empire fleet/homeworlds?

Yeah, that won’t happen. The only way they’re likely to do it is as a story-based faction swap.

My reasoning? Brand new level 1 characters on their starting planets and the player flips the switch. Oops, now every NPC on the planet is hostile to that character (and that’s a *best* case minimal breakage scenario).

Or high level characters sitting on fleet and the switch is flipped.

Edited by VelvetSanity

Basically yes and i do see the conflict. However, it won't be like a switch you can just turn on and off and expect to be a Jedi on an emp world or space station. It would gradually happen over time. Slowly committing to dark or light. Also a storyline base on this would be neat as well and like you said, more likely as a possibility. But likely won't happen.

Thank you so much for hearing me out.:)

All I'm saying is that our force alignment chooses our faction.

Why? Just because you think Sith must equal the chaotic evil that going full darkside is, or that Jedi must be the lawful stupid that going full lightside is does not mean people should be punished for making other choices.

I vote no to any faction change based on alignment. This game was built with the freedom to choose your alignment, and to not be forced into playing only one way depending on your faction choice.

Being Republic doesn not mean you must be light-sided, and being Imperial does not mean you must be dark-sided.

A dark Jedi is not the same a Sith. A Sith is more than channelling the darkside, it's a philosophy. That's not even getting into the political aspects and that the Imperial and Republic have more than just Sith and Jedi in their populations.

I like playing a light-side Sith. If you've ever played it then the light-side choices have nothing to do with what side of the force you're channelling. For Imperials light side basically means choosing the good of the Empire over the good of Self.

If you play a loyal-to-the Empire Sith then by in-game choices you will very likely end up neutral or lightsided according to the in-game choices made. (I know the toggle negates that, but I'm an old player, it's the choices made in story, not a toggle, that determines my alignment).

Why? Just because you think Sith must equal the chaotic evil that going full darkside is, or that Jedi must be the lawful stupid that going full lightside is does not mean people should be punished for making other choices.

I vote no to any faction change based on alignment. This game was built with the freedom to choose your alignment, and to not be forced into playing only one way depending on your faction choice.

Being Republic doesn not mean you must be light-sided, and being Imperial does not mean you must be dark-sided.

A dark Jedi is not the same a Sith. A Sith is more than channelling the darkside, it's a philosophy. That's not even getting into the political aspects and that the Imperial and Republic have more than just Sith and Jedi in their populations.

I like playing a light-side Sith. If you've ever played it then the light-side choices have nothing to do with what side of the force you're channelling. For Imperials light side basically means choosing the good of the Empire over the good of Self.

If you play a loyal-to-the Empire Sith then by in-game choices you will very likely end up neutral or lightsided according to the in-game choices made. (I know the toggle negates that, but I'm an old player, it's the choices made in story, not a toggle, that determines my alignment).

I'm not saying to take away the option to be a light side Sith. I'm saying to give us the choice. The option to choose empire or republic according to the alignment we choose.while in game play.. If we choose to be light side but remain a Sith then our faction would remain empire. Same goes for Jedi and all other characters. So in other words if we start out as a sith we have the OPTION to become a jedi.

I agree with all this. I do think the toggle comes into play, though, because unless you're going to continually switch it back and forth, by the time you reach endgame and are doing crew missions/dailies/heroics, the alignment points you get from those activities will outstrip the ones you get from story decisions by a large margin. That further complicates and confuses the issue of alignment = faction or actual character alignment.

Ok, I'm going to make this as simple as I possibly can. Luke Skywalker had to choose between following in his father's steps and either give into his hate and take his father's place at the emperor's side or remain a Jedi. Anakin Skywalker basically became a dark Jedi but later became Sith. I want the same option in the game. Story based or not.

Not to say that Sith can't be light side, or Jedi can't be dark side. (Because they can be!) Also at end game, what does it matter if you are light or dark? According to KOTET your character no longer practices dark side or light because those teachings are not strong enough to take on Vaylin or her brother. So at that point in the game whatever alignment you have chosen is now in void according to the story.

When I talk about the empire and Sith and refer them to the "dark side", it's a given that the Sith (dark side loyalist who put their faith in the dark side) are the rulers of the Sith Empire. An Empire which represents and acts accordingly to serve the dark side rulers. Jedi are separate from the Republic however they are allies. I just say light side to keep from having to spell it all out for everyone. So I'm saying that in general.

And so everyone knows I'm done on this. It's obvious that most of you don't agree with this idea which is totally fine. But I'm not going to keep trying to explain this anymore. Thanks to all for your support and have a good day. ☺

Edited by Romothian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.