How do you connect with people?

rooTheDay

I have the dubious distinction of being the lowest level character in my guild -- mostly because the queues for the guild server are so long that I often play on another.

So, I'm wanting to do some of the team things -- join groups for heroic missions, flashpoints, etc.

The question is, how do you connect with people to do that? Assuming a guild member who is 30 levels higher than me isn't going to help, are there better options than a general broadcast message ("Hey, who wants to do missionX now?").

How do you all find help for that from people who are actually on when you are?

thanks.

--roo

I'll usually post a message in general chat. While waiting for that, I'll hang out near where the mission is and see if I see anyone else shows up and then send them a tell. Or, if I'm questing and see someone else is killing the same targets I am, I'll send a tell and ask if they'd like to work together.

At lvl 50, I also occasionally get people sending me tells directly asking me if I'd like to join for a flashpoint, etc. This is probably only the case because of the small number of players at 50, but...

There are other people waiting to do that same quest. Either throw out a LFM (looking for more because you are starting a group) or throw out a LFG (looking for group because you want to join another group).

In the same vein, look for other requesting help. Great way to meet people outside the guild as well.

Don't forget to flag yourself as looking for group. That'll show an icon in the who list and next to your name that you are interested in grouping. If enough people learn to use this tool, it may help making groups easier to form.

Don't forget to flag yourself as looking for group. That'll show an icon in the who list and next to your name that you are interested in grouping. If enough people learn to use this tool, it may help making groups easier to form.

Ahhh.... that's interesting.... how do i do that?

I try to do the same :))

To flag yourself LFG, go to socail wiindow and at the bottom theres a tab, who, this dsplays players currently online in that world (including you), find yourslef and there should be an option in there to tag yourself LFG.

Hope that helps :D

I try to do the same :))

To flag yourself LFG, go to socail wiindow and at the bottom theres a tab, who, this dsplays players currently online in that world (including you), find yourslef and there should be an option in there to tag yourself LFG.

Hope that helps :D

got it. Thanks.

that's the kind of thing I was looking for.

I'm sure I'll still do general messages, but that makes it easier.

Thanks all,

--roo

I have the dubious distinction of being the lowest level character in my guild -- mostly because the queues for the guild server are so long that I often play on another.

So, I'm wanting to do some of the team things -- join groups for heroic missions, flashpoints, etc.

The question is, how do you connect with people to do that? Assuming a guild member who is 30 levels higher than me isn't going to help, are there better options than a general broadcast message ("Hey, who wants to do missionX now?").

How do you all find help for that from people who are actually on when you are?

thanks.

--roo

If a guild member that is 30 levels higher than you is refusing to help, perhaps you should consider a new guild. The simplest way to get help, at least in my guild, is to simply say , "Hey I need help with X, can anyone assist me real quick?"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.