Mods, Enhancements and the broken set bonus...

Opiklo

seriously.... you hate us dont you?

mods and enhancements are slot bound? ***? that screws all my gearing plans and it would have been nice to know stuff like that from patch notes, as it is a major change....

also the 252 set bonus does not stack with the 248....

i suggest you do someting about that as it is just ridiculous...

1st you give us a grindfest and then you put some additional gearing handcuffs on us...

i really think you hate your players :(

Edited by Opiklo

I don't know if you do PvP or not, but let me offer some perspective here.

Ever since the Masterwork gear was announced we saw people complaining that PvP would be ruined, because people with big money or huge hoards of Unassembled Comms would be able to gear right away etc.

What if... the way the new gear works was designed this way to keep the very very rich from gaining an unfair advantage in PvP? The way it is, everyone is progressing at roughly the same speed -- except those who do MM GotM and Group Ranked PvP.

I don't even play PvP, and I don't know if that's really the case, but it would explain the gear restrictions.

so you call it an unfair advantage when you played the game in a time with no new content?

those people stayed sub in a time barely worth it and did a lot to gain this "unfair advantage".

please tell me why they should be slowed down sooooooooooooo hard?

because "oh you kept the game alive now go away others cry louder than you!"

and yes restricing the mods to slots is totally necessary... so if i have alacrity in my boots and crit on my left side now i am ****ed because i cant change the enhancements to slots where i could use them... i could either **** up my stat distribution or i build it completely different and can wait until i have enough pieces to fix the suboptimal stat problem...

reallly nice... feels like waiting for a banana in the soviet republic....

nastrowje

Edited by Opiklo

seriously.... you hate us dont you?

mods and enhancements are slot bound? ***? that screws all my gearing plans and it would have been nice to know stuff like that from patch notes, as it is a major change....

also the 252 set bonus does not stack with the 248....

i suggest you do someting about that as it is just ridiculous...

1st you give us a grindfest and then you put some additional gearing handcuffs on us...

i really think you hate your players :(

Wait what? You cant put parts from 252/258 gear into legacy gear??? Are these developers completely lost their minds :rak_02: How iam supposed to run solo ranked on few of my sentinels and marauders or team ranked on my slinger/snipers without sending gear for them???

BIoware what about shutting off the game if you hate your player's so much ?

you can put them into legacy gear.. but a boots enhancement will not fit into gloves. and you need to wait for 6 252 pieces to use the armorings... otherwise yu lose your set bonus Edited by Opiklo

What if... the way the new gear works was designed this way to keep the very very rich from gaining an unfair advantage in PvP? The way it is, everyone is progressing at roughly the same speed -- except those who do MM GotM and Group Ranked PvP.

missing options to maximize your stats affects PVP atleast on the same level as PVE. on a side note, i´m utterly shocked that there arnt 10+ posts from PVP players crying about how bad the gearing system is, by now, since they are the first feeling discriminated usualy.

its just bad for everyone. theres no reasonable argument for removing the option to optimize your gear for your playstyle or certain purpose. it has to be a bug, otherwise that would mean the devs purposely sqeezed out every possible way to make the grind harder to generate "content". and if that is the case, BW has gone one step too far with the grind for sure. make it hard to get the best gear, i´m totaly fine with that. but this is pure harrasment.

Edited by mrphstar

I feel like I must add my voice to this: OP is correct.

Allow me to elaborate:

1. Gearing. Swtor has always had a fun gearing mechanic where you could alter the sub stats of your pieces via the mods and enhancements. It took longer then simply getting the pieces of gear but you were then optimized for the best outcome. Furthermore, you weren’t obligated to keep old armorings since the sets mixed together between tiers.

Now, not only can you not mix set pieces, you can’t even nitpick which mods and enhancements you want from pieces and put them in other pieces that aren’t of the same type because they’re bound. I haven’t checked all the new pieces but it adds a layer that is unwanted and frankly disgusting. More grind and this doesn’t address the huge imbalance between the various classes which should’ve been the focus.

2. Pvp and pve. This is to answer a post above that it will not imbalance pvp. What truly unbalances pvp are the major differences in class power. Mercs vs Sorcs comes to mind. I once asked a dev why sorcerers couldn’t dps as much as the other classes. (See Starparse) and I was told that they were in the class range of what they wanted sorcs to do, aka be worst then others.

So here we are: broken gear system with unbalanced classes.

it just dawned on me: as a DPS or Heal you could atleast hope for the RNG gods (as long as you dont have full 258, i assume you can trade a crit implant into an allacrity implant) and get 2 implants and ear peace with allacrity. with the enhancements in head and OH + 6 augments, that should be enough to reach tear 2 GCD.

but these pure pure tanks. they are totaly f***ed :eek:

2. Pvp and pve. This is to answer a post above that it will not imbalance pvp. What truly unbalances pvp are the major differences in class power. Mercs vs Sorcs comes to mind. I once asked a dev why sorcerers couldn’t dps as much as the other classes. (See Starparse) and I was told that they were in the class range of what they wanted sorcs to do, aka be worst then others.

please no "this-class-is-op" discussions again. all are viable for every content right now. dont wanna see classes get rendered useless for PVE again because some PVPers cried out to loud. been there, seen that.....

Edited by mrphstar

I got a piece of 252 on my tank last night.

I couldn't use the armoring without breaking my 6-piece set bonus.

The mod was unlettered with high defense, and I'm already well into the diminishing returns on defense.

The enhancement was slot bound and +shield, while my existing one was +absorb.

If the set bonuses stacked, and the enhancements were not slot bound, I'd be able to use this new gear drop. As it stands, it's going to gather dust in my cargo hold.

Edited by Khevar

you can put them into legacy gear.. but a boots enhancement will not fit into gloves. and you need to wait for 6 252 pieces to use the armorings... otherwise yu lose your set bonus

Well, this is bad too. How pvp players going to min/max stats for pvp if they cant use different parts for gear slots. This is just dumb

please no "this-class-is-op" discussions again. all are viable for every content right now. dont wanna see classes get rendered useless for PVE again because some PVPers cried out to loud. been there, seen that.....

Was more about the gear isn’t what breaks pvp especially with the new bolster. But yeah, I’m hoping you can also do something like that, I’ll try to explore it with more depths but fact of the matter is...it’s even more...and more...and more grind.

This was discussed and repeatedly asked about on the pts. The Devs ingnored every post and question.

Many people just assumed it was a bug and would be fixed before it went live. While many of us saw this coming and tried to bring it to people’s attention, only to be shouted down by white knight trolls.

This is an even worse gearing system than 5.0 was when released and we all saw how that drove a vast amount of people from the game.

If this isnt fixed before they take a month off, it will be March before anything is done to fix it (because we already know they will come back and say it needs adjusting). By then we will lose half the current player base, which is already too low.

If they think they can keep players around while they do what they did all last year and slowly fix the gearing for 9 months till the next expansion in December, then they are sadly mistaken. It might have worked the first time, but not this time. There just aren’t enough players left to make such gigantic mistake and get away with it.

The whole system feels like a troll from the ghost of Ben Irving : “RNG is exciting”

I’m giving them till December 20. If it’s not addressed by then I will finally be done with this game and won’t be back after the New Year.

The whole system feels like a troll from the ghost of Ben Irving : “RNG is exciting”

I’m giving them till December 20. If it’s not addressed by then I will finally be done with this game and won’t be back after the New Year.

so much this... i canceled my sub today and will only resub if they do something quick

you can put them into legacy gear.. but a boots enhancement will not fit into gloves. and you need to wait for 6 252 pieces to use the armorings... otherwise yu lose your set bonus

This is absolutely stupid. I don't even PvP and I optimized all of my 248 sets. Now basically upgrading my gear will actually be a downgrade?