New rampage goals: the cherry on this sundae of misery

InfamousDolphin

A member of our guild just pointed out to me that the rampage goals for conquest have increased. The numbers are 50, 125, and 150, but the totals aren't cumulative anymore, so to get all three rampages on a planet, you're killing 275 NPCs rather than 150 (the previous goal for rampage 3).

So in addition to screwing over every guild other than the megaguilds, reducing our XP and rep bonuses, making the cost to unlock rooms on our flagships even higher (because now there is a reason to unlock them -- perks -- but the exorbitant material requirements haven't changed, so the prices for encryptions on the GTN have shot up and up)... and speaking of perks, whose brilliant idea was it to make them a 28 day rental that only the megaguilds can afford? ...

... now conquest, which was already a soul-crushing grind that threatened to swallow the rest of the game, has become even more of a grind and eclipses the game even more.

For years, I have seen people ***** endlessly about every little change, and I have always been on the side of the developers. When people post their "that's it, I'm leaving, and taking my subscription with me" posts here, I have always regarded them with amused pity. But I have never seen an update screw over so many players so much in so many ways. And I find myself thinking: wow, am I going to be one of those people now? Has it truly come to this?

Edited by InfamousDolphin

You aren't the only one. I thought maybe mine were bugged or something, but nope, rampages were made way too grindy. I didn't mind them too much before; you could throw on a podcast or watch something on YT, etc., but now it's just a little too much.

Yeah they seem to be a bit too high for a daily conquest. I mean the Ossus max achievement for kills is only 480. Plus I missing being able to track level 3. Now I have to go in every time to track.

I’m at work but is the galactic one a daily or weekly because if it’s daily then 425 kills is an insane amount of kills to get in a day. Again, imo.

Yeah, it's really not that bad. I completed the week's conquest in about 2-hours (running a Superior Command Boost) by doing a bounty contract and heroics on Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa. While the three tiers of planetary rampage don't stack they do stack with the galactic rampage so you're racking up kills for both simultaneously.

With 150% stronghold bonus you get 2063 points for doing a contract, and 1000/1500/2063 points per tier of rampage, plus 1000 for doing a Nar Shaddaa heroic.

2063 + (1000 + 1500 + 2063)3 + 1000 = 16752

Like many people in my guild I was very disappointed with the rampage changes.

It seems the devs are going out of their way to make 5.10 as grindy as possible. The time investment after doubling the necessary killls feels too high compared to the cxp you get from it. I used to enjoy running some heroics and hitting the rampage targets to wind down after work but after the changes I am not going to bother anymore. You have to go out of your way now to hit the rampage III. The target number is too steep for a daily objective. Some of us have jobs, you know.

For a game that barely produces now content I am continuously amazed at how the dev team keeps making choices to make it harder to do content or achieve goals that have been around for a long time. Great way to drive more people away from the game after they ran through the new story content a few times...

Please consider reverted the changes.

Edited by Iryfindel

Of course this change wasn't listed in any of the patch notes! Just like many other changes they made with this update that screwed over players which they hoped would somehow go unnoticed. In the past Eric Musco has said that any changes not announced in patch notes were bugs, after EA was brought to task for some big changes that were never announced. Yet somehow I think this 'bug' that increases the grind for everyone will somehow never be patched, given that all EA ever wants us to do anymore is grind the same 6+ year old content more and more in lieu of regular content updates.