Constant disconnects on Star Forge since 5.9

Mccordrm

The patch just before 5.10 caused me to start having intermittent disconnects from the server; sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes it's 15 minutes. Nothing on my system had changed except for the SWTOR patch. I was hoping the 5.10 update would fix it, but it did not. Here's what I've tried on my end:

1. Reset my Router and Modem. Also tried using a different Router.

2. Completely re-installed my system: OS and SWTOR.

3. I have upgraded my hard drive to an SSD and (obviously) re-installed everything afterwards.

4. Reset all the SWTOR settings to Default including my UI.

5. I normally use a LAN cable, but I've also tried going through wireless.

6. Disabled Bitraider and re-installed SWTOR.

7. Completely disabled my Firewall.

8. Tried using various DNSs. Flushed my DNS each time I changed it.

I've run Pingplotter while in-game and took a screenshot just after getting disconnected: http://richardmccord.com/Images/SWTOR-Disconnects.png

Here is my system:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 33 °C

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-I DELUXE (LGA1155) 26 °C

Graphics

ASUS PB278 (2560x1440@59Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 54 °C

Storage

238GB M4-CT256M4SSD2 (SSD)

894GB SanDisk SDSSDA960G (SSD) 35 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

High Definition Audio Device

• 1 month later...
Wow, the silence is deafening. I am having the same issue on Star Forge, makes me regret re-subbing for 3 months. It's funny, for the past 2 weeks it was fine. I re-subbed today and the disco's start happening.

3. I have upgraded my hard drive to an SSD and (obviously) re-installed everything afterwards.

Sorry to necro this, but why is that "obviously"? A few months ago, I upgraded my HD to an SSD(1), and reinstalled *nothing* in the process. I used a disk copying / migration tool to copy everything to the SSD, then rebooted after telling the BIOS to prefer the SSD. Bang, migrated, no reinstall.

(1) 2TB HD ==> 2TB SSD. I earn enough money that I can afford to pay for that sort of thing.

Sorry to necro this, but why is that "obviously"? A few months ago, I upgraded my HD to an SSD(1), and reinstalled *nothing* in the process. I used a disk copying / migration tool to copy everything to the SSD, then rebooted after telling the BIOS to prefer the SSD. Bang, migrated, no reinstall.

(1) 2TB HD ==> 2TB SSD. I earn enough money that I can afford to pay for that sort of thing.

I'm not so rich, so after my 256GB SSD failed with my o/s on it, I keep my 450GB SSD with nothing on it but the operating system and SWTOR (for load times). Everything else -- other games, programs, music, movies, my documents, are on an HDD to cut down on the number of writes hitting the surviving SSD.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'm not so rich, so after my 256GB SSD failed with my o/s on it, I keep my 450GB SSD with nothing on it but the operating system and SWTOR (for load times). Everything else -- other games, programs, music, movies, my documents, are on an HDD to cut down on the number of writes hitting the surviving SSD.

Sure, but that doesn't answer the question: why is it obvious that OP reinstalled everything after upgrading to an SSD? It isn't remotely obvious to me that one would automatically and without hesitation do such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I was fine for a couple of weeks and now the disconnects are happening again. I could barely stay in game long enough to get my SW out of the Ossus library (and I didn't leave her there, I had taken her to her house on Rishi). I couldn't port to her house, or the ship, dc...I tried to run her out of there, got dc. Finally managed to get her out and home again, get dc and she's back in the damn library. Got her home again, if she'll still be there when I log in, is anyone's guess.

My drivers and such are all updated, bit raider redone yet again, all connections, modems, router, checked, rebooted and still I get these random dc's. Why is it only this freaking game?

Edited by Lunafox

The game is unplayable for me. I get disconnected now, every 30 seconds to a minute. If I can stay logged in longer than 2 minutes, it's a small miracle. Is there nothing I can do for this? I tried deleting the .xfs files and the config folder in bit raider...I've done all I can think of and nothing works. What could've changed since the weekend, that affects this game so horribly? And it's not my net, others in the household have no issues with other games.

The game is unplayable for me. I get disconnected now, every 30 seconds to a minute. If I can stay logged in longer than 2 minutes, it's a small miracle. Is there nothing I can do for this? I tried deleting the .xfs files and the config folder in bit raider...I've done all I can think of and nothing works. What could've changed since the weekend, that affects this game so horribly? And it's not my net, others in the household have no issues with other games.

I've been disconnected once a night every night for the last four nights. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, either. I get "server list unavailable." Last night I just gave up and went off to do other things.

I've been disconnected once a night every night for the last four nights. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, either. I get "server list unavailable." Last night I just gave up and went off to do other things.

That sucks. It's been doing exactly that to me too. :( It was fine on the weekend up until Sunday, then these crazy DCs. What I ended up trying, and I don't know if it'll help you...I'm still waiting to see if it'll 'hold' but I took off the 'connect automatically' thing through the internet options tab. So, I want Settings to Internet Properties to the connections tab to LAN settings and unticked the box that says 'automatically detect settings.'

As I said, for now, it seems to be holding, so I'm hoping this will work. I hope it helps you too.

Edited: Just to let you all know, what I did could help you. I've been playing with no DC's since I took the above steps. Good luck. :)

Edited by Lunafox