The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please finish all story arcs when starting Ossus story, including side story arcs

The_Hightower

Hello,

since the Ossus Story will not be on PTS, I assume that it will not be possible to check which story arcs will be finished when starting Ossus story.

Currently, it seems that starting KOTFE or KOTET completes the follwing Story arcs (in case I miss some please post):

- Class Story arc (which starts on Ord Mantell/Tython/Korriban/Hutta)

- Shadow of Revan Prelude, Shadow of Revan and Ziost Story arc (in case started)

What is currently not completed:

- Makeb (in case not started, the Story can still be started on the Ship)

- Oricon

- Ilum Story arc

- Czerka

- Star Fortress

- The "Flashpoint arcs" for Taral V/Mahlstrom Prison (Rep), Boarding Party/The Foundry (Imp), Directive 7, Kaon/Lost Island

Thus, when starting Ossus please complete the above arcs but grant the Strike Force Tauntaun (Oricon Story arc) and the six companions from the Star Fortress Story arc (at influnece Level 1).

when starting Ossus please complete the above arcs but grant the Strike Force Tauntaun (Oricon Story arc) and the six companions from the Star Fortress Story arc (at influnece Level 1).

Sorry, I'm not following. Why should these be auto-completed? I think a case can be made for Makeb since it's a main storyline, but even in KotFE I think there were different lines if we did Makeb or not. My personal feeling is that only critical story should be auto-completed (since it'll be what's presumably referenced) rather than every little bit of story. Getting rewards that take a good bit of work to obtain, just by auto-completing, seems unfair. Just like people who used the level 60/65 tokens don't get titles from their class stories, I think certain things should be reserved as rewards for actually completing the content..

Sorry, I'm not following. Why should these be auto-completed? I think a case can be made for Makeb since it's a main storyline, but even in KotFE I think there were different lines if we did Makeb or not. My personal feeling is that only critical story should be auto-completed (since it'll be what's presumably referenced) rather than every little bit of story. Getting rewards that take a good bit of work to obtain, just by auto-completing, seems unfair. Just like people who used the level 60/65 tokens don't get titles from their class stories, I think certain things should be reserved as rewards for actually completing the content..

ITA with this. Especially the part about the rewards. The Star Fortress companions and Tauntaun took special effort to earn. The rewards should not be given out without the effort. It's not really fair for people who had to play through hours of Ops or SF Veteran Modes to give them out to others for nothing.

As far as auto-completing all the storylines, I am not in favor of that either. It would leave people with zero additional content to do. I feel like only main storyline (KOTFE, KOTET, traitor arc) should be part of the auto-complete.

ITA with this. Especially the part about the rewards. The Star Fortress companions and Tauntaun took special effort to earn. The rewards should not be given out without the effort. It's not really fair for people who had to play through hours of Ops or SF Veteran Modes to give them out to others for nothing.

As far as auto-completing all the storylines, I am not in favor of that either. It would leave people with zero additional content to do. I feel like only main storyline (KOTFE, KOTET, traitor arc) should be part of the auto-complete.

I agree, a lot of things should still be earned.

I dont think id want an auto complete story quests not specifcially relevant to Ossus, since some folks might want to go back for them and stuff. Rather, Id like to see something a terminal (like the one for re-recruting your companions) where you can choose to auto complete story quest lines that cant be abandoned. That way you can voluntarily drop the ones you want to drop for people who never plan to do them on alts. Though the rewards/titles/etc should be reserved for actually playing through them, but if peoplew ant to forgo that and just auto complete things itd nice to have a terminal thingy for that Edited by thepilk

Rather, Id like to see something a terminal (like the one for re-recruting your companions) where you can choose to auto complete story quest lines that cant be abandoned. That way you can voluntarily drop the ones you want to drop for people who never plan to do them on alts.

I.E., War of the Machines operation on Iokath. Be nice to be able to get rid of that one since I absolutely suck at doing Ops.