Fail Story Dialouge is fail

Mephesh

Imperial agent story- after Dromund Kaas,

Kaliyo complaining about imperial food rations.

My charackter - also Rattataki Race, getting

Dialouge option 3: "this food is for biological humans, not for the likes of...you!"

Eh? Same race, helloooo?

I find it bewildering that "alien" races get imperial racist dialouge options.

Dunno if it's a bug or just very bad story writing.

Imperial agent story- after Dromund Kaas,

Kaliyo complaining about imperial food rations.

My charackter - also Rattataki Race, getting

Dialouge option 3: "this food is for biological humans, not for the likes of...you!"

Eh? Same race, helloooo?

I find it bewildering that "alien" races get imperial racist dialouge options.

Dunno if it's a bug or just very bad story writing.

I really hope it didn't take that long for you to notice the weirdness for Rattataki agents.

The first oddity (possibly the first, well, the first that I remember, anyway) occurs *during* the Dromund Kaas segment of the story, where you are summoned to see Darth Spoiler, and when you get there, the guards tell you that "the Rattataki" must wait outside. No option to say, "OK, we'll wait here" or "Which one?" or "OK, Kaliyo, I'll wait here while you see the guy" or anything else snarky like that.

The agent story arc is widely regarded by players as either the best, or one of the best, of the original class story arcs.

But of course some player somewhere can always find something to gripe about.

I find it odd that because they put a particular trivial racial bias highlight. about food, to a handful of dialogue... it incensed you so much you just had to make it a Sunday morning topic of complaint in the forum.

Are you a chef or something? You know.. the kind that are so offended when a patron sends a plate of food back with a complaint that you dash out of the kitchen to berate them to their face? :p

Edited by Andryah

The agent story arc is widely regarded by players as either the best, or one of the best, of the original class story arcs.

But of course some player somewhere can always find something to gripe about.

I find it odd that because they put a particular trivial racial bias highlight. about food, to a handful of dialogue... it incensed you so much you just had to make it a Sunday morning topic of complaint in the forum.

Are you a chef or something? You know.. the kind that are so offended when a patron sends a plate of food back with a complaint that you dash out of the kitchen to berate them to their face? :p

Things like that are immersion-breaking, and could easily have been avoided with proper special flags. As someone has pointed out, Rattataki were originally part of the IA foundation races.

That being said, the IA story is actually my least favorite. ;)

Edited by Dracofish

Rattataki was an original option as well.

They were original in that they were present at launch but that option was introduced later in the development cycle. They're like inquisitor Sith Purebloods or Chiss bounty hunters in that they were allowed after all of the dialog had been written and recorded without their availability so you see those discrepancies even before the Legacy System was patched in.

Ya gotta take some things with a grain of salt.

We know the Empire is somewhat racist, and generally speaking only humans fill the highest Echelon [there have been exceptions though].

If they stuck so rigidly to that it would make some many things untenible.

The Emperor who is not big on non-humans, yet he chooses every single race under the sun to serve as his Wrath.

I'm a big friggen Smurf, and yet he kinda liked me, and choose me to be his wrath [it's just cuz I'm so friggen bad *** I think :rolleyes: ]so much so, that even after he died he still won't leave me the hell alone and he's been dead for over 5 years!

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

That term does not exist nor does it have any place outside the real world, and even within. There is no such thing as racism in Star Wars.

I think you were looking for 'racial prejudicism.' Most people don't know proper English, so that's okay.

It's probably more accurate, if you're going to fuss the choice of words, to call it "xenophobia".

That being said, the IA story is actually my least favorite. ;)

It might not be your favorite, but it is one of mine and Andryah was right, if you were to go through any of the threads about 'what the best story is', Imperial Agent is consistently number one or two, has been from the get go.

That term does not exist nor does it have any place outside the real world, and even within. There is no such thing as racism in Star Wars.

I think you were looking for 'racial prejudicism.' Most people don't know proper English, so that's okay.

As 'prejudicism' isn't a real word, I don't think you're one to be scolding people about what is and is not 'proper English', especially when it has nothing to do with proper English. As Steve mentions, you could say xenophobia or even speciesism and it would get the same point across.

The only thing worse than SJWs are the guys who say "I'm not a racist! There's no such thing as different races!" or "I'm not a homophobe! I don't fear gays, I hate them." Like please shut up already, Professor Pedantic.

It might not be your favorite, but it is one of mine and Andryah was right, if you were to go through any of the threads about 'what the best story is', Imperial Agent is consistently number one or two, has been from the get go.

I agree with this. It's my favorite storyline of all classes. There are so many options and one of the few classes where your choices do matter.

And that line about the food rations I thought was great, especially the way the male agent says it with that snobbish tone.