Did I witness cheating or are Commandos in PvP this strong?

Slafer

It is silly sometimes when you get like 4-5 Mercs/Mandos in a ranked match. Mainly if you play as sentinel. The basic strategy is to net me right at start, you cant move, cant leap, cant do anything, you are a sitting duck. Yes, you can use breaker but then you will be stunlocked and killed.

Pretty much... then you get the comments from the experts that you're trash and need to stop queing... ;)

Ranged has so much control over melee.. it's sometimes hilarious. But working as intended. SIns were too OP.. and needed to be nerfed. ;)

@Grim did i miss something while i was gone? Is only healing the players on your team that are your faction a thing now?

If so that abysmally short sited and stupid, and I'm one of the people who got screwed by the cross-faction/matchmaking/BS rating system.

On topic: yeah thats what i was saying: are mercs overly good right now? Yes, but for every incredible merc there are 15 terribad ones too. Its odd because (engi and marksman) snipers and (fury) maras are also in good spots right now and I can't say I'd say the same thing about them.

Unfortunatly i'm not joking hehe wish I was. It isn't all the time of course, but it does happen and it's pretty obvious when it does, especially in the case of Merc healers because you can see from a mile away who they are healing cuz they have that green blast effect from themselves to their heal target. You can see the health of others of course on the raid frames, so you can get a feel from it from there as well, and when you can't heal 1 point of damage on your own that kinda makes it kinda easy to tell if you are getting heals or not heh.

I'm willing to peel for pub healers if they are willing to heal me despite that they are pubs heh, their call, Like I said it isn't always, and I don't want it to come across as a blanket statement, that would be misrepresenting it. But in my experience it happens enough where I'm not the only who notices and I'm starting to get a feel for the names involved. I've made a few remarks, nothing overly hostile, just enough try and let them know it's not going unnoticed as I'd much prefer for it to be corrected and not become an issue. My concern is because I'm not the only one who notices it, it may cause internal issues. I don't take it personal, I totally get it, and I kinda understand it really. I'm sure there are some pubs, despite that it working to their favor, perhaps feel the same way about cross faction as I do. No secret I'm not a fan of it. [i don't think that's why it's happening tho]. I will aid any healer that is willing to heal me and I will die so that they won't if that's whats needed, they're more important than me, I'm cool with that. But if I see commandos, Gunslingers and Gaurdians getting healed and I'm not so much as getten a reach-around every now and than, well peel for yourself than.

Couple of people I know and I tested it a few times. There were times we were on teams with multiple jedi sage healers, and we were getting nothing it we were fighting along side them, and other pubs were getting heals so. Make of that what ya will. Like ya said, this was done to help pub players with their quece times, there's no change in quece times Impside at all, so that kinda leaves a bad taste on your mouth.

But, no, it isn't a wide spread issue. Happens more than to my liking tho and it makes ya kinda gunshy never knowing if you can count of your team mates. I do think it's a faction thing tho and I do think it's intentional where and when it does occur. I may hate pubs, but I don't hate the people playing them, it's a video game ;)

Pretty much... then you get the comments from the experts that you're trash and need to stop queing... ;)

Ranged has so much control over melee.. it's sometimes hilarious. But working as intended. SIns were too OP.. and needed to be nerfed. ;)

Bro, didn't you get the memo? Ranged DPS don't have better range opportunties than melee. That's why ranged never use slows against melee, because even if they did use them, and the melee player was 20' away, they would still be able to attack the ranged player somehow that no melee can figure out because the last time we checked we can't hit them if they are more than 4' away. Same thing in Raiding, ranged don't have better up time, unless of course, your melee.

Fight mechanics in Boss fights, what kind of lame excuse for range issues is that??.Revan HM, Bulo HM, Master/Blaster HM, ULer HM [slows], Torque HM [Melee-hell] Styrak NiM, none of those have any mechanics that effect range differences between melee and ranged. What does not being able to be anywhere near those bosses sometimes in excess of 10+seconds have to do with anything? Besides whether you are in attack range or not, I mean? What kind of excuse for not attacking because you can't be in attack range is that? All those mechanics that force melee outside of thier attack range have nothing to do with that, that's just a coincidence, they only do that so they can show case how beautifully crafted and rendered the bosses are without all those players getting in the way and obscuring the clear view of the boss to behold in all it's grandeur.

Because when you are slowed and can't get within 4' of them, it doesn't matter that they can attack you but you can't attack them, thats a L2P issue that every single melee player has yet to learn, that's all. We're just slow learners. Those 700 slows and roots, all they really do when you think about it is just slow and root you. Who cares about that? That slows have no effect on resolve and you can be slowed forever, no big, what you got a big date or something you need to get to?

We don't know how to play the game, only they do.

Having multiple lives, being able to heal 1 mill + as a DPS, while having the best DCDS in the game, that not only prevent damage, also heal them or if you are smart and savy enough not to attack them, than all you are leaving them with is a paltry 6 second total invincibility while they can blast your face off with total impunity for those 6 seconds or, they just spam there own spammable heals so really you still can't stop them from healing either way . And, what's more, it's perfectly reasonable that one of the only 2 pure DPS classes in the game, and the one with more than 31' greater attack range and more DCDs than there other, with the most anti-cc time of anyone whle having a cc-kit that could choke a horse, has the capacity to heal 500 +k in a WZ while the other pure DPS class can't heal a paper cut all on his own. Perfectly reasonable.

That melee need permission from Snipers to move, that's a L2 ask nicely issue and clearly, melee have no manners, so it's really their fault, and it's not right that melee shouldn't have to ask permission when they might like to move to the left or right, or in any other direction for that matter if it is going to be by more than 1 and 1half centimeters. :D

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Unfortunatly i'm not joking hehe wish I was. It isn't all the time of course, but it does happen and it's pretty obvious when it does, especially in the case of Merc healers because you can see from a mile away who they are healing cuz they have that green blast effect from themselves to their heal target. You can see the health of others of course on the raid frames, so you can get a feel from it from there as well, and when you can't heal 1 point of damage on your own that kinda makes it kinda easy to tell if you are getting heals or not heh.

I'm willing to peel for pub healers if they are willing to heal me despite that they are pubs heh, their call, Like I said it isn't always, and I don't want it to come across as a blanket statement, that would be misrepresenting it. But in my experience it happens enough where I'm not the only who notices and I'm starting to get a feel for the names involved. I've made a few remarks, nothing overly hostile, just enough try and let them know it's not going unnoticed as I'd much prefer for it to be corrected and not become an issue. My concern is because I'm not the only one who notices it, it may cause internal issues. I don't take it personal, I totally get it, and I kinda understand it really. I'm sure there are some pubs, despite that it working to their favor, perhaps feel the same way about cross faction as I do. No secret I'm not a fan of it. [i don't think that's why it's happening tho]. I will aid any healer that is willing to heal me and I will die so that they won't if that's whats needed, they're more important than me, I'm cool with that. But if I see commandos, Gunslingers and Gaurdians getting healed and I'm not so much as getten a reach-around every now and than, well peel for yourself than.

Couple of people I know and I tested it a few times. There were times we were on teams with multiple jedi sage healers, and we were getting nothing it we were fighting along side them, and other pubs were getting heals so. Make of that what ya will. Like ya said, this was done to help pub players with their quece times, there's no change in quece times Impside at all, so that kinda leaves a bad taste on your mouth.

But, no, it isn't a wide spread issue. Happens more than to my liking tho and it makes ya kinda gunshy never knowing if you can count of your team mates. I do think it's a faction thing tho and I do think it's intentional where and when it does occur. I may hate pubs, but I don't hate the people playing them, it's a video game ;)

I hadn’t noticed this happening until you posted it. I just thought they were crap healers. But since your post, I’ve noticed it a few times. Also, it’s not just the pubs doing it, there are Imps doing it too.