One SWTOR MMO Killer bites the dust

lokimogor

What does that mean? :confused:

Wildstar, like many MMOs that released after SWTOR, was declared by many negative players to be a "SWTOR killer"... as in... it would draw down populations in SWTOR such that it would be shut down. It was a very common meme 6 years ago.. but has not actually stood the test of time. Like so many negative memes... it was hyperbolic and full of venting emotions to power it.

Wildstar, like many MMOs that released after SWTOR, was declared by many negative players to be a "SWTOR killer"... as in... it would draw down populations in SWTOR such that it would be shut down. It was a very common meme 6 years ago.. but has not actually stood the test of time. Like so many negative memes... it was hyperbolic and full of venting emotions to power it.

Pretty much this, I still remember people claiming ESO would've killed SWTOR. Or *insert any MMO* would kill SWTOR.

...of course most of what I did in Vanilla WoW once I got to 60 was AB battleground

And I love playing the Vanilla WoW servers that are around now, and cant wait for Blizzard to open the classic servers if they stay true to Vanilla before the Burning Crusade pre patch

Completely off the OPs topic however, I can't wait for WoW to launch their WoW classic (vanilla) for WS* and especially AV* as well a AB*. Old AV was the best reason to play vanilla wow :D Nothing came close to those in later wow except Lake Wintergrasp during Wrath of the Lich King expansion. That place was superb.

*For those who forgot or care, these were PvP Battlegrounds in vanilla WoW - Warsong Gulch (WG) and Alterac Valley (AV) were first then Arathi Basin (AB) came later.

*For those who forgot or care, these were PvP Battlegrounds in vanilla WoW - Warsong Gulch (WG) and Alterac Valley (AV) were first then Arathi Basin (AB) came later.

I still preferred the rolling 7/24 adhoc PvP battles at Tarren Mill (before battlegrounds were introduced). YOU could drop in any time of day, any day, and immediately begin adding to the ongoing fights... which meandered all over that part of the zone. Truly entertaining... as PvP for PvP sake. Maybe this is because I cut my MMO teeth on PvP in DAoC which was all open zone PvP (save for the sub level battlegrounds, which were largely ignored save for 3 or 4 of them). Even DAoC battlegrounds though were essentially a level restricted free for all zone with 3 factions fighting over a central fort and unlimited players able to come in on any faction as long as they met the level restriction, so it was not like today's instanced PvP. I really do not enjoy set piece instanced PvP.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I never played Wildstar, but things aren't looking too good for Trion games either. Sold off and almost 200 employees laid off. I didn't even play Trove a whole year before getting the (inevitable?) kick in the head.

Man, I need an online home, real bad. Must be nice to be a FB/twitter junkie, they don't get tossed around the way gamers always do.

Pretty much this, I still remember people claiming ESO would've killed SWTOR. Or *insert any MMO* would kill SWTOR.

If swtor survives longer than Star Citizen, even if it's a single day longer, I'll be satisfied with swtor's longevity. Now that is a hyped up game.

If swtor survives longer than Star Citizen, even if it's a single day longer, I'll be satisfied with swtor's longevity. Now that is a hyped up game.

True.... though NOT as hyped up as Camelot Unchained though. :D

Edited by Andryah