What do we know about the future expansion?

Ralph_Panda

I recently came back and i am pretty hyped that we are going back to empire vs republic.

Do we know a lot about it?

Such as will there by specific storylines for classes?

Will the story make sense for non force users unlike KoTfe :p?

Will empire classes roll with the republic? Based on the current ending you can side with the enemy faction and would love for my cipher who betrayed the empire join with the republic now

No, other than it will be Empire VS Republic themed.

It's possible. But not probable, that ship has sailed years ago. At best we'll have one class story quest like SOR and even then I don't think it's likely to happen with the game's current budget, if I had to guess it would likely follow RotHC where Empire and Republic have different storylines.

Who knows, I honestly disagree that non force users are nonsensical to KOTFE but that's a topic for another day.

Will empire classes roll with the republic? Based on the current ending you can side with the enemy faction and would love for my cipher who betrayed the empire join with the republic now

From a gameplay perspective I doubt it, but from a lore perspective it's likely you'll get a choice of who to side with similar to Iokath. Charles Boyd, SWTOR's creative director, has mentioned that the Nathema choice is not the final one so I think it's likely we'll get to choose a side and hopefully not be forced to return to our original factions.

As an addendum while we have yet to receive proper information on the expansion the Developers will be doing a livestream on October 11th to address patch 5.10, which will feature the next part of the story. So maybe we'll get hints to an expansion there or at the very least know what we can expect from the story going forward.

I recently came back and i am pretty hyped that we are going back to empire vs republic.

Soon™

and it seems to be the only "rank" I'm gaining.

Dude, that's way far Too Much Information. :eek: :eek:

And I don't think there's any indication that we don't change our skivvies, just that we have a big drawer full of sets of identical ones. For some reason, though, Lana managed to find and get a monopsony(1) of the galaxy's supply of skivvies that aren't grey.

(1) Like a monopoly in reverse, with a single buyer instead of a single seller.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I'm just hoping we finally get to change our underthingies. some of my toons have been wearing the same nethergarments for years now, and it seems to be the only "rank" I'm gaining.

LOL.. well played :)

Personally, I would not want to be the one that has to clean out that gear. :p Could be worse of course.... say if your character was going full commando under that gear all this time. :p:p

On topic..... we know almost nothing other then it's coming at a to be announced date, with to be announced features and changes to the game. In reality, though we are all insatiably curious, we don't really need to know until they are ready to tell us. If said information informs a players choice to take a break until the expac drops OR keep subbing.... that is something that each player will have to cope with and make a decision. I would suggest that info on a coming expac has no + or - value in such a determination... if the game continues to be fun and active for you.. you would keep playing... if not.. you would take a break and wait and see what 6.0 actually offers.

Edited by Andryah

I'm just hoping we finally get to change our underthingies. some of my toons have been wearing the same nethergarments for years now, and it seems to be the only "rank" I'm gaining.

OMG, rotflmao

soo true :D

A shower/tub deco for SH and would it be too much to ask for an appearance modification to change underthingie colors/styles? :eek: for real cheap too - then we could change every day just to have that fresh feeling,

lol, as if

what do we know (roadmap fall 2018):

- should come in november

- one storyline for rep, one for imp

- new daily zone (maybe new known planet)

- mm for gods operation

- near tier 5 gear

- some returning companions.

- some more changes

-> this is 5.10.

6.0 should be the upcoming "expansion".

what do we know about? nothing, just rumors

to keep the community hyped. but nothing what

is promised.

and if they promise anything, just think about the past.

a promise of bioware is worth nothing.

In my opinion, there's nothing to really "know" until there is a pre-order available or something else that definitively marks 6.0 as a reality. Until then, whatever work is being done can be cancelled by EA, and the studio generally is focused on making sure Anthem does well anyway.

At the moment, there is plenty of PR to try and keep players from leaving, because 5.x has gone on for so long, with the the least new content in the entire history of the game. Even then, the "new" updates are at times simply reskins of old Warzones, or Uprisings that took old parts of other maps and old mechanics from past bosses and passed them off as new group PVE content.

Another Huttball map is coming in the next update. At least they are taking one of Daniel Erickson's great contributions from 6-7 years ago and still riding on it, since the current team either doesn't have the budget or maybe even the talent to make meaningful, original additions to the game. Probably both.

Edited by arunav

OMG, rotflmao

soo true :D

A shower/tub deco for SH and would it be too much to ask for an appearance modification to change underthingie colors/styles? :eek: for real cheap too - then we could change every day just to have that fresh feeling,

lol, as if

Well on the Rishi stronghold on the apartment they added on the balcony you can make a shower if you have the waterfalls and the dividers. I made two one on each side.

Well on the Rishi stronghold on the apartment they added on the balcony you can make a shower if you have the waterfalls and the dividers. I made two one on each side.

Love it - shower with a sunset view :D

Guess washing the undies in the shower will have to do :rolleyes:

I hope its the exact same story line for all classes like in the last expansions. I hate having to learn new stuff. I enjoy skipping through the same conversations, fighting the same mobs, the same maps, the same skins, time after time, after time: Its fantastic.

Please be sarcasm.. Trying to tell Satele and Marr i don't give a crap about the force on my CHISS Agent ...who's own species and upbringing has only one death sentence... for Force users...( Traitors are even banished..force users are killed if they don't have surgery and take suppressants to remove the ability). The only other option for a chiss force user is to leave and never ever return if they aren't caught that is. But no ..be the Commander of the force...really? a Chiss ...born and raised in the Ascendancy ..spying on the empire and then working for the sis because the sith disbanded imp intel stole her free will, and to add insult to injury, made Sith intel..o.O . But hey let's pretend none of that exists and the chiss agent is comfortable with the force. Really? just...no..><. I get it was easier to make it all about one single class and threw in a few simple cut scenes as a pat on the head for the rest of us..but :/ things like my Bh..it wasn't resolved..she is mandalorian...Shae Vizla could have taken over the alliance if she wanted to..She is the boss of the outlander Bh ...her defacto ruler. My toon's clan may have been decimated but she is still the last remaining Great Hunt Champion..and Vindicated adopted her, plus her marriage to Torian kind of cemented that relationship. Just because Vindicated died doesn't change her loyalty or her ruler. But nope let's pretend ....she cares more about the force and the pub vrs imps rather than the heart worlds. Where Mandalore goes a Bounty hunter Mandalorian follows not the other way around -.- ..if it had been anything about a bh...they would have freed the heartworlds first Then worried about everyone else. So no..we all had to pretend to be a semblance of force users or more importantly Jedi Knights.

From a gameplay perspective I doubt it, but from a lore perspective it's likely you'll get a choice of who to side with similar to Iokath. Charles Boyd, SWTOR's creative director, has mentioned that the Nathema choice is not the final one so I think it's likely we'll get to choose a side and hopefully not be forced to return to our original factions.

Thinking about it, it would work for classes like bounty hunters/agents/smuggler and maybe trooper

But there's no way the Jedi would accept sith teachings in the republic and the other way around, and who would drop the use of lightning for pebbles xD

Thinking about it, it would work for classes like bounty hunters/agents/smuggler and maybe trooper

But there's no way the Jedi would accept sith teachings in the republic and the other way around, and who would drop the use of lightning for pebbles xD

It's just not about the lore here, a faction swap would likely mean a lot of technical things going behind the screen. If it's possible all the better but I don't think they're ever going to be able to properly implement a full faction switch, even if you were to just keep your original animations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.