f2p to preferred

Calwred

what is the easiest way to go from f2p to preferred, I actually have a f2p account that I would like to stop using but I wish to transfer the money to a sub account and then delete the names to reuse on a sub account, so how much cc would it take to make a f2p account a preferred account or can I just buy the digital upgrade pack and use that instead of the CC.

what is the easiest way to go from f2p to preferred, I actually have a f2p account that I would like to stop using but I wish to transfer the money to a sub account and then delete the names to reuse on a sub account, so how much cc would it take to make a f2p account a preferred account or can I just buy the digital upgrade pack and use that instead of the CC.

Buy $3 of CC.

Beware: to transfer the credits to the sub account, you'll have to use the GTN. F2P and preferred accounts cannot mail credits. Have the sub account list some junk items for the credits you want to transfer, then buy the items with the f2p account. It will cost you 8% of the amount you're transferring, and there's no way to avoid that.

And that does raise the question of whether it's worth the effort of transferring 92% of not-more-than-200K per f2p character, compared to running another series of heroic missions on the sub account.

Direct trade will work if you can get both online at the same time. At least when the non-subbed one is preferred, but I guess that was the point.

I do believe I initially became preferred on my main account by buying the digital upgrade pack, but I'm afraid I cannot make it any more solid than that "believe", because it's simply too long ago to remember clearly.

Beware: to transfer the credits to the sub account, you'll have to use the GTN. F2P and preferred accounts cannot mail credits. Have the sub account list some junk items for the credits you want to transfer, then buy the items with the f2p account. It will cost you 8% of the amount you're transferring, and there's no way to avoid that.

And that does raise the question of whether it's worth the effort of transferring 92% of not-more-than-200K per f2p character, compared to running another series of heroic missions on the sub account.

This. Launder it through the GTN.

Steve, they might have credits stored up in legacy storage, there's no credit limit on that.

This might work. I'm not sure what (if any) restrictions are on direct trades between preferred and sub characters.

I've traded credits between my sub and preferred accounts many times and also act as 'bank' for a preferred friend of mine. I've never encountered any limitations there, aside from the preferred account only being able to carry small amounts at a time.

As long as you can get them both on at the same time, there should be no problem.