Please make Nautolan's as the next playable race/unlock

RaithHarth

Observation - none of the Star Fortress Companions can wear gear, they can only have customizations applied to them. One of the SF companions is a Nautolan. The rest are obviously non-standard body types (

Suspicion: Nautolans are not as easy to fit to the PC body types as people suspect. Among other things, the tentacles are going to clip terribly - though this is also a problem with Togrutas and Twi'lek.

Carry on.

Star Fortress companions not having customizable gear is not necessarily linked to an inability to make them customizable. After all originally all of the returning KotFE companions couldn't be customized either, even though they could be customized from the time of the their recruitment straight through to Ziost. Theron and Lana couldn't be customized either, despite being human. Bioware removed companion customization for KotFE until fans complained about it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Observation - none of the Star Fortress Companions can wear gear, they can only have customizations applied to them. One of the SF companions is a Nautolan. The rest are obviously non-standard body types (

Suspicion: Nautolans are not as easy to fit to the PC body types as people suspect. Among other things, the tentacles are going to clip terribly - though this is also a problem with Togrutas and Twi'lek.

Carry on.

3 of the 6 are standard body types, including the Nautolan.

Carry on.

I'd been rather encouraged when Togruta became a thing that this was said: By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

On top of that, the "head things" that Nautolans have "going on" are.. perhaps a bit longer, but very similar in where they take in space (and clip) as one of the long hair styles out there.

It's been a very long time now, though, since Togruta. I'd been hopeful for Nautolans for a long time, but.. eh, not waiting anymore. The two that I planned to create years ago are now Twi'leks. :o

I'd been rather encouraged when Togruta became a thing that this was said: By introducing a new playable species which hides its head slot, this gives us the potential to introduce other species down the line who have "head things going on."

On top of that, the "head things" that Nautolans have "going on" are.. perhaps a bit longer, but very similar in where they take in space (and clip) as one of the long hair styles out there.

It's been a very long time now, though, since Togruta. I'd been hopeful for Nautolans for a long time, but.. eh, not waiting anymore. The two that I planned to create years ago are now Twi'leks. :o

The Clone wars showed us Kitt Fisto, he had long head tails and combine it with those metal clips Bengel Morr and Ria Delaru wear in the game on their head tails? i think it is possible to work around that and move the head tails around a bit depending on outfits.

Those chest pieces that don't have something on the back of the neck or somewhere high up the back, the head tails can remain where they would be, naturally.

Those chest piece items that do have objects sticking off the back, the headtails can be brought around the collar bone and rest over the chest with a couple of clips to keep them in place.

I yield the point, then.

OTOH, how many different Nautolan heads are actually in-game right now? There's a certain amount of complaints about the lack of Cathar options, and maybe Togruta as well, on the forums. If there's basically 20 total NAutolan options at launch, there will be forum salt .

This one is not a big bar to cross, but it is there.

I yield the point, then.

OTOH, how many different Nautolan heads are actually in-game right now? There's a certain amount of complaints about the lack of Cathar options, and maybe Togruta as well, on the forums. If there's basically 20 total NAutolan options at launch, there will be forum salt .

This one is not a big bar to cross, but it is there.

Not many at all to be sure. There may even be only one Nautolan male and female head per body type on the NPCs.

Not many at all to be sure. There may even be only one Nautolan male and female head per body type on the NPCs.

Are there even Nautolans of all 8 body types in the NPC library? I'd have to really rack my brain to remember 8 different "foreground" nautolan NPCs - there's a Jedi or two, a trooper, that dancer on Coruscant and her husband, the one that works for SCORPIO on Zakuul, and the Nar Shadaa Star Fort companion...

It does seem like about time for a new race. It's something that incentivizes a new playthrough from scratch and we could certainly use that now.

It's really past past due, that should have had 6 more by now, SWG even had Ithorians which is hard to do it seems in less time, and had a lesser span of life. I think they really need to get on the ball with making 4 new species to correct the problems of not having enough in my view.

Just my personal opinion, but I suspect many people would be bored with just another skin color / eye color / scar / hair color variant of a human.

Well, hell, i can take a damm crayon and color my characters, if that's what i want like that lol. I think we should want better, of course everyone has their own desires.

It's really past past due, that should have had 6 more by now, SWG even had Ithorians which is hard to do it seems in less time, and had a lesser span of life. I think they really need to get on the ball with making 4 new species to correct the problems of not having enough in my view.

Nautolan's, Kel Dor's, Ithorian's, and Rodian's among others should all be playable yes agree, but those are the top four that should definitely be.

I’d rather “play” a Wookiee... now I just need Han to say he can arrange that ;)

There was a reason Wookiee's were never allowed to be playable, ever since SWG it was the same reason we can't play as the Yoda species.

Edited by RaithHarth

Nautolan's, Kel Dor's, Ithorian's, and Rodian's among others should all be playable yes agree, but those are the top four that should definitely be.

I think the problem is that each species in the game use the same set of human-like facial features and expressions, and none of those four species have a human like face. Which would create complications in the case of the Kel Dor for example whenever a romance scene comes up that requires kissing.

At this point the Chagrians as mentioned earlier would probably be easier to make for this reason. They got the human like facial features, and it's been proven with the Togruta and Twi'leks that the rest of their heads can be taken care of. There's not much chance we'd see them implemented at this point but still probably a better chance than the others.

Edited by Sangrar

I never have heard about Zeltron's until now (and quite frankly I don't think a lot of people care about them either), the most popular/favored choices for playable races as of now are the Nautolan's followed by Kel dors they are in high demand if any.

They're popular among sweaty fanboys and/or fans of the original marvel comics series, where they featured prominently. One also shows up in kotor2.

You can easily make a Zeltron char now, just make a sith pureblood with no head tentacles or jewelry. I've got a GS one with a mohawk

Kel dor aren't remotely on my list. They have to wear vacuum masks around their eyes and mouth, kinda limits romance possibilities.

I mean, Nautolans are pretty gross too. We're certainly scratching the bottom of the barrel at this point.

Edited by Ardrossan

Any playable race has to: speak Basic, have facial expressions, and be lore-capable of romancing humans or near-humans. For the sake of cutscenes they also have to be able to fit in chairs, beds, and any other place you can put a PC in a cutscene or in-engine.

I don't think the Nautolans fail any of these, so they're at least possible.

Any playable race has to: speak Basic, have facial expressions, and be lore-capable of romancing humans or near-humans. For the sake of cutscenes they also have to be able to fit in chairs, beds, and any other place you can put a PC in a cutscene or in-engine.

I don't think the Nautolans fail any of these, so they're at least possible.

Of the species that are already in the game, Nautolans, Chagrians, Weequays, and Devaronians should all be good to go in that regard. The main issue to varying degrees is a lack of variety among faces, body types, or even gender. Still, that isn't necessarily an insurmountable hurdle to making any of the four playable. That was after all originally true of Togruta and Cathar as well.

Near-human species like Zeltron, Sarkhai, Umbarans, or Pantorans would be easy to implement as well in that they're all practically just humans with an exotic skin tone or hair color. (although IMO, less appealing options than any of the four I listed above for that reason)

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Of the species that are already in the game, Nautolans, Chagrians, Weequays, and Devaronians should all be good to go in that regard. The main issue to varying degrees is a lack of variety among faces, body types, or even gender. Still, that isn't necessarily an insurmountable hurdle to making any of the four playable. That was after all originally true of Togruta and Cathar as well.

Near-human species like Zeltron, Sarkhai, Umbarans, or Pantorans would be easy to implement as well in that they're all practically just humans with an exotic skin tone or hair color. (although IMO, less appealing options than any of the four I listed above for that reason)

In game, at least one devaronian has no issues dating outside his species (ahem).