The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More dye options

specificaly it would be nice to have:

Gold/White

White/Gold

I would settle for

Yellow/White

White/Yellow

anything to make it easier to match many of these outfits with gold accents they are always a little off color from other similar outfits and orange just isnt cutting it.

** fellow players please feel free to add your own thoughts for color options **

The dye system is in dire need of a total overhaul. The prices per one single-use dye are absolutely exorbitant, and with the cash gate to absolutely basic colour schemes (white and black, non-saturated colours, etc), there's really no affordable way to use dyes without looking like a clown. Nothing against clowns- but I'd rather my Imperial officer have a little more dignity than the affordable colours provided imply.

Making armour dye a function like an appearance modification terminal with primary, secondary and maybe accent colours that you can select from a palette of varying saturation and hue would be ideal, to me. Non-subscribers could simply pay CC, but perhaps subscribers could have the option of paying credits- perhaps a level scaling sum, starting with 10k and moving up to 100k. That's just my idea though.

I'd be happy with any change that made the dye system more flexible, cost-effective and manageable for the players.

Edited by SourOrange

If its improvement that you want then the right thing to do with the current system is to provide a primary and secondary slot. This with the addition of more dyes for both would make it a far more versatile system for managing color combinations. I know this isnt ideal but it could be an easier solution to implement otherwise we are back to asking for the color combinations that will allow us the freedom to put our own design to the available outfits.

Here's what i think they should do. Keep a section for all direct to buy dye combinations on the cartel market, but with the added new bonus of any of the ones you buy from there being unlockable in collections. That way they can still get their money they love so much and then get more if you decide to unlock from your collection. Then release all dye combinations to crafters as well, with the difference that if crafted they do not enable the ability to unlock in collections, so you'd have to buy again from crafters if you wanted more.

All of those are good ideas.

Personally, I'd like to see more browns and cream-colored combinations. I like dyes that help my jackets appear to be made of leather.

What I would also like to see -- rename the dyes that don't have a color in the name.

I love to search on the GTN for "green dye" or some such, but with the new thematic names, that no longer works.

• 1 month later...
specificaly it would be nice to have:

Gold/White

White/Gold

I would settle for

Yellow/White

White/Yellow

anything to make it easier to match many of these outfits with gold accents they are always a little off color from other similar outfits and orange just isnt cutting it.

** fellow players please feel free to add your own thoughts for color options **

I would like all of these too, maybe the yellow ones craftable in the next expansion and the gold ones cartel market sale. There's actually quite a few possibilities for an appealing gold dye, but they i'd prefer if they have that shiny luster like the opulent triumverate armor set.

I'd like to see

gold/gold (with shiny luster) <cartel market>

primary gold, secondary gold

ALSO

chrome/silver dyes with a shiny luster in all 3 flavors <cartel market>

(chrome/chrome, primary chrome and secondary chrome).

Coppers might be nice too, <cartel market>

In the shade you get from the exarch gear sets doing the star fortress missions.

Lastly please make a craftable primary pale yellow or pale yellow and black dye with colors inverted or the opposite of the black and pale yellow currently in game. <craftable>

I could certainly find use for some White+Gold and Gold+White dyes, if they weren't terribly expensive.

I'm never going to be a fan of the dye system until the Primary and Secondary colors go into separate slots.

Otherwise, there are simply too many possible combinations of colors and order, so the chance of getting the one you really want is extremely low.

That being said, I'd love to see more [brown + color] and combinations, since I love the leather look. Sometimes black cloth and leather is just too much. Brown + Pale Yellow (and vice versa), Brown + various greens, etc.

Edited by Xina_LA

• 2 weeks later...
I would like all of these too, maybe the yellow ones craftable in the next expansion and the gold ones cartel market sale. There's actually quite a few possibilities for an appealing gold dye, but they i'd prefer if they have that shiny luster like the opulent triumverate armor set.

I'd like to see

gold/gold (with shiny luster) <cartel market>

primary gold, secondary gold

ALSO

chrome/silver dyes with a shiny luster in all 3 flavors <cartel market>

(chrome/chrome, primary chrome and secondary chrome).

Coppers might be nice too, <cartel market>

In the shade you get from the exarch gear sets doing the star fortress missions.

Lastly please make a craftable primary pale yellow or pale yellow and black dye with colors inverted or the opposite of the black and pale yellow currently in game. <craftable>

Yes please these are great ideas as well :)

Also thank you so much for giving us black/black at 50% that was awesome !!!!