Concerning PvP content and tank stat changes.

Sheike

I'd like to talk about two things: 1.) Maps 2.) Support mechanics.

1.) I really appreciate that PvP is actually receiving developer focus, although it seems like there is no interest in creating completely new warzone maps, only arenas and a reskin of civil war lately. Would it be asking too much to see something completely new, without strange scoring rules like Hypergate and Odessen that caters to the full-team deathmatch mentality that most players embrace while in warzones?

2.) The changes to tank stats are great (tanks should be tanky), although I do question whether or not they will make support too resilient in pvp. One healer/tank combo is hard to take down. Two healers that cross-heal with a tank switching guard on them is nigh impossible unless your group has mastered the focus target/assist controls with a designated target caller. It's my humble opinion that support will be far too strong in pvp unless some form of diminishing return specifically on cross-healing runs in tandem with the new tank stat changes.

Thoughts?

#1 - agree. The "deathmatch map" is long overdue, given how many remaining players just play that way anyway. They should couple that with an actual choice between the modes, IMO. Give the people that want to farm numbers their game, and give the ones who want to play objectives theirs.

#2 - they didn't actually implement any tank stat changes in this patch. Although, they are probably still planning on it, if they can get the bugs worked out.

#2 - they didn't actually implement any tank stat changes in this patch. Although, they are probably still planning on it, if they can get the bugs worked out.

Huh I just noticed that. They were supposed to. Either they forget them in the patch notes or they didn't implement them for some reason without telling us.

Keep in mind tanks do not have a role in pvp and will not no matter how many changes they make. Skanks was the universes way to give tanks a role in PvP, the more they de-emphasize usefulness of skanks, the more the role of tanks is meaningless.

ooooooh I can go into a war as a tank and stand there with my thumb up my butt for 2 minutes before i'm dead, or if they fix it, 3 minutes. Won't be able to kill anything, and if I really want to have fun I can put a bubble on a healer and we'll both sit there and never die nor kill anything. (is that the eventual goal for tank fun?) Bah, at least skanks could kill something.

Keep in mind tanks do not have a role in pvp and will not no matter how many changes they make. Skanks was the universes way to give tanks a role in PvP, the more they de-emphasize usefulness of skanks, the more the role of tanks is meaningless.

ooooooh I can go into a war as a tank and stand there with my thumb up my butt for 2 minutes before i'm dead, or if they fix it, 3 minutes. Won't be able to kill anything, and if I really want to have fun I can put a bubble on a healer and we'll both sit there and never die nor kill anything. (is that the eventual goal for tank fun?) Bah, at least skanks could kill something.

You know, I haven't seen a good "guard is the overpowered devil child that is ruining all competition in PvP by making 50% of your damage just VANISH" thread in a couple months. Someone should start one of those again. We need balance in the force after all. :p

Plus i doubt they neutered the "tank" specs dps. yeah I know they just got nerfed but that brought them into "Target zone" SO it stands to reason that a nerf to dps was in order as well, I mean you just made it harder to kill them and you keep their DMG output the same WHY? Now we'll get pseudo Merc high DPS hard to kill bs!

At this point why play a Mara or an assassin your DPS glass cannon spec's when you can just hop on an I win tank class do as much dps and die far less

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Plus i doubt they neutered the "tank" specs dps. yeah I know they just got nerfed but that brought them into "Target zone" SO it stands to reason that a nerf to dps was in order as well, I mean you just made it harder to kill them and you keep their DMG output the same WHY? Now we'll get pseudo Merc high DPS hard to kill bs!

At this point why play a Mara or an assassin your DPS glass cannon spec's when you can just hop on an I win tank class do as much dps and die far less

The damage nerf happened and they did not make tanks harder to kill (except guardians anyway, who got a rescaled FD).

My protest to the tank nerf was that tank gear is a major question. Even pve tanks dont often use defense mods or tank relics. How can you properly judge thr damage when no one can agree on optimal gear?

Also, the tank gear change hasn't happened yet. If tanks swap gear, from skanking to tanking, they are effectively "neutering" their own damage in return for greater survivability. Currently i run crit/alac on my tank for pvp because why bother running shield/absorb? When and if i swap to shield/absorb i am dropping the additional damage in exchange for greater survivability. So no, you dont do the same damage in tank gear as dps gear.

Seeing as fury mara is as awesome as ever despite the nerf, im going with you struggle to kill enemies almost as much as making intelligible sentences.

What about Guard, peeling and ball carrying? Any of those things I'd rather a tank do than another dps. Tanking in pvp absolutely does have a viable role whether people are willing to acknowledge it or not tbh.