PTS Final (Really!) Patch Notes and Info

EricMusco

Dear Keith, while your at it, can you please please raise the NPC deco limit? Even with the nice personnel bundles you're churning out, there are so many great NPCs like companions, vendors and special NPCs like the ambassadors, conspicious consumption probe etc. to place. Edited by Mongorr

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTS is live!

-eric

Vendor nameplates are still blue in strongholds!

Vendors on fleet have green nameplates.

Vendors on planets have green nameplates.

Vendors out in the wild have green nameplates.

Vendors on your ship have green nameplates.

Vendors in strongholds on the live servers have green nameplates.

Why are they now blue in strongholds?

Why why why?

Changes (?): Nice hooks added to the water and the other island but we still can't get there for the exhaustion zone. Can that be changed?

Suggestion: Add small hooks on top of the centerpieces and when you break them down to large add the small hooks like the normal large hooks have, pretty please?

Positive: Thank you for fixing the wall hook in the sun room. I can now hang my plants without them touching the floor.

Bug: On the platform across from the hillside room, (large area) I have made a cantina and put a juke box but I keep getting can't see target.

Edited by casirabit

Bug: the Enable PvP features toggle doesn't work. Or, rather, it doesn't disable them if you turn it off.

Evidence: proceeding into what would be a PvP arena from the entry platform still dismisses your companion and claims you are in a PvP area.

Even though it was defaulted to off for me, I clicked it on and then off again and it seemed to work fine. However, it is not remembering the setting when you log off and back on. Every time you log in, you have to check and then uncheck the PvP box for it to work properly.

Even though it was defaulted to off for me, I clicked it on and then off again and it seemed to work fine. However, it is not remembering the setting when you log off and back on. Every time you log in, you have to check and then uncheck the PvP box for it to work properly.

Yes, just discovered the "shows off, is on" part myself. Still bugged, then, just not quite the bug I thought it was.

Thank you so much for the Overlook, I know it will make a lot of people happy and -- get this -- even I might end up decorating it as a home for a character. :D it's actually of a really nice size for an apartment.

However, I'm even more thankful for the extra hooks! They're just where I've been hoping to get more hooks all along! So what can I say but thankyouthankyouthankyou! :p

The Overlook is fab. Thanks a billion for all the work that went into it.

I didn't notice before if the new structural decorations could be placed on wall hooks but if that's something just added in the most recent patch, amazing. The option to put the medium decorations (e.g. barricades) on wall hooks is really interesting. You can make them look kinda like shelves.

Still not seeing hazard decorations anywhere? Are these not meant to be included?

Edited by Estelindis

The one item from our "wish list" which you will notice is still missing is the ability to sort Strongholds. This is something the team still has interest in doing. There is a small chance we can get it in still for 5.9.2, but it is more likely to be in 5.9.3.

This sorting will work alphabetically, by default. However, once you start traveling to your Strongholds, the list will then work similar to character select and will sort in order of most recently visited

Wouldn't it be easier to give us arrows on each stronghold and let US put them in our order of importance?

While you're at it, why are guilds limited to one stronghold? The Rishi stronghold is a perfect example of why guilds needs to be able to purchase more. Any guild who would want to host a PVP fun night for its members that is contained would be an ideal situation.. That way it is part of the guild and not a member of the guild, as we know members seem to come and go.

Come Eric, Charles.. Make it happen.

Wouldn't it be easier to give us arrows on each stronghold and let US put them in our order of importance?

While you're at it, why are guilds limited to one stronghold? The Rishi stronghold is a perfect example of why guilds needs to be able to purchase more. Any guild who would want to host a PVP fun night for its members that is contained would be an ideal situation.. That way it is part of the guild and not a member of the guild, as we know members seem to come and go.

Come Eric, Charles.. Make it happen.

^ Agreed, guilds need to have a second stronghold. I already mentioned it a couple times and I'll say it again: Due to the PvP features, the Rishi SH is the perfect guild stronghold, yet guilds don't want to lose their existing guild SH. Please increase the limit to 1 flagship plus 2 guild strongholds.

And if you can't increase the limit with 5.9.2, at least give us a dev response when the limit will be increased, so guilds can decide if they want to deactivate their stronghold now or wait until later. Given that we are talking about 50 million credits here, guilds are hesitant on what to do.

Regarding sorting of strongholds, obviously adding up/down buttons is more complicated. In my opinion, having the most recent stronghold on top is a satisfying solution. It will take a while to get used to it but then it will be fine.

Edited by Jerba

Thank you very much for running an open PTS again! It's great to be able to report bugs while the content is still in development, then the bugs have a much higher chance to be fixed without even hitting the live servers. :)

I do have to criticize a little bit how the feedback was handled. Most of the forum posts were by decorators (who of course have a right to voice their feedback), but I fear they drowned out the feedback from PvP players. I've seen a lot of posts similar to "PvPers are happy with the stronghold, but you need to fix X so Í can make the stronghold into my home".

Let me be clear: I have heard from not a single PvP player on PTS that they liked the stronghold. :( The PvP players did not write much on the forums, but they did write in in-game chat, Twitch and Discord.

On the surface, the stronghold may seem great for PvP. But for players who play at the level of ranked PvP, the stronghold does not meet their expectations. From the positioning and line-of-sight issues, which are still not fixed (Holotraverse will forever remain broken I fear), to the lag and desync which is much worse than how bad it already is in normal warzones, and the potential for griefing and interfering in tournaments, this stronghold does not make for a competitive PvP tournament.

For casual guild events it may be fine, but for any actual tournament with a 1 billion+ credits prizepool, organizers will have to set up elaborate rules & regulations and use referees to prevent players e.g. from using the Holotraverse to score Huttball goals in under 3 seconds.

But who knows, maybe some of the remaining issues will be fixed before the patch gets released. The stronghold is certainly great for decorators, but the original intention of creating a stronghold for PvP players was forgotten along the way. However, the warzone and matchmaking changes are great, those will go a long way toward improving the PvP experience, and PvP players will receive a new arena, which at least is bug-free.

Thank you again very much for running PTS. Don't take my post too negatively—I enjoyed testing stuff, giving feedback and writing bug reports, and it was great to see feedback acted upon. Not all feedback can be implemented, and I've been on previous PTS so this is nothing new. I do hope I could contribute and that players will be happy with the patch.

Edited by Jerba

Quick heads up folks, we are going to be bringing PTS down tomorrow! We just turned off PTS character copy as well.

We cannot thank you enough for your feedback and bug reports.

-eric

It was good fun getting to try out stuff in the PTS, give feedback and have our feedback noticed & acted on. This made me change my mind about the stronghold. I was really not interested even with the changes that were made early on, however after the last PTS update that added huge changes based on our feedback, my credits are ready! I even managed to try a couple of warzones on the PTS.

I hope we get to access more PTS in the future :)

Question: Now the PTS is coming down, should we uninstal it or can it be used for future PTS stuff?

Question: Now the PTS is coming down, should we uninstal it or can it be used for future PTS stuff?
From what I can tell it's best to leave it on your computer and just update it next time. I think I've just been using the same "download" since 2017.

The PvP players did not write much on the forums, but they did write in in-game chat, Twitch and Discord..

I get the frustration, but this here means there was a communication problem, and it was not on the Dev's side. I'm not criticizing you, cause I've seen a lot of the stuff you have written and you have clearly been testing and writing feedback, but the devs have 0 responsiblity to be policing twitch and discord to get feedback when they specify a specific place to leave feedback on the official forum and they don't get any there.

Hopefully a lot of the bugs you see will get fixed after things go to live and more pvpers start frequenting it. But I can't put blame on the devs when the decorators descended on the stronghold en masse, and there only seemed to be a few people using the Stronghold for PVP.

From what I can tell it's best to leave it on your computer and just update it next time. I think I've just been using the same "download" since 2017.

Only if you have plenty of space on your computer. Otherwise go ahead and delete it.

It was good fun getting to try out stuff in the PTS, give feedback and have our feedback noticed & acted on. This made me change my mind about the stronghold. I was really not interested even with the changes that were made early on, however after the last PTS update that added huge changes based on our feedback, my credits are ready!

What Sarova said. :) Devs responding to, and implementing, some requested changes is great.

Thanks for the chance to be part of PTS testing 5.9.2.

Edited by Nmyownworld