The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Turn our own characters into companions or SH bystanders!

I always thought that this idea would be marvelous! I think it would explode in the Cartel Market if players were allowed to turn one of their characters into a companion. Games like Guild Wars 1 already provided a similar mechanic. And there's plenty of in-game dialogue and battle quotes to make them work! One could make it that the first characters are free or earned through a quest/achievement and extra "slots" would have to be purchased from the Cartel Market?

Or just allow the players to turn their characters into NPCs that can be placed within a Stronghold. I think many people would appreciate that as well.

Edited by TheRandomWolf

+1. Considering that so many people create complicated family trees and associations for their characters, it would be great to allow some of one's characters to interact with each other by serving as companions, or hang out in each other's strongholds.

Sure, I could see myself having my own toons hang around my SH :D

Not sure how displaying gear would work on them though, having a decoration constantly try and update whatever gear and dyes your character last had on might be too ambitious dream.

Sure, I could see myself having my own toons hang around my SH :D

Not sure how displaying gear would work on them though, having a decoration constantly try and update whatever gear and dyes your character last had on might be too ambitious dream.

I don't think it would be possible to adapt said NPC to possible gear changes you apply to your own toon. Perhaps it simply saves the original look you used when enabling such an option? That's why one would have to be careful with what look they want to use.

• 2 weeks later...