The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can you bring it back?

Hi guys, I've been looking for this helmet for several months and I can not find it anywhere in the game. You could bring him back, because I think it's one of the better helms you added to the game, the more it suits the bounty hunter. Please, add it back. In the link I put a photo of helm. Regard :D:D:D

That's ... hideous. And it doesn't suit my interpretation of "bounty hunter" at all.

Not all bounty hunters have to look like fandalorians. Having alien looking helmets helps keep the hunter look pool varied. There more to the galaxy than just being human. What I miss about SWG the most... They had custom made tailored outfits that only specific race could wear.

Not all bounty hunters have to look like fandalorians. Having alien looking helmets helps keep the hunter look pool varied. There more to the galaxy than just being human. What I miss about SWG the most... They had custom made tailored outfits that only specific race could wear.

That's why SteveTheCynic said it didn't suit *his* interpretation of a bounty hunter. You also don't know that his interpretation of a bounty hunter looks anything like a mandalorian. I also agree with him that it's hideous - just on its own merits and having nothing to do with bounty hunters, it just does not appeal to me personally at all. When I clicked on the OP's link I wasn't sure what to expect but then I also didn't expect to immediately think, "Dear god what is that thing? Is that a face hugger from Aliens? Quick someone kill this guy before one bursts from his chest."

Which is not to say they shouldn't bring it back. More variety is good. Race specific outfits would also be interesting, although with every player character being some version of "human" there would no doubt be people wanting to let everyone wear those outfits. And before you argue that no the races aren't all "human", for programming purposes they really are. Any differences are largely cosmetic as all player races use the same body types.

That's why SteveTheCynic said it didn't suit *his* interpretation of a bounty hunter. You also don't know that his interpretation of a bounty hunter looks anything like a mandalorian.

My two bounty hunters:

* Jintalie Tark

* Jorkan

So no, a furry face-hugger helmet doesn't suit either of them, and neither looks particularly like a Mandalorian either.

(For reference, Jintalie is BT3 Female Human wearing the Heartless Pursuer set with the Rascal's Toothpick, and Jorkan is BT2 Male Human wearing the Drifter set with the Toothpick.)

That's why SteveTheCynic said it didn't suit *his* interpretation of a bounty hunter. You also don't know that his interpretation of a bounty hunter looks anything like a mandalorian. I also agree with him that it's hideous - just on its own merits and having nothing to do with bounty hunters, it just does not appeal to me personally at all. When I clicked on the OP's link I wasn't sure what to expect but then I also didn't expect to immediately think, "Dear god what is that thing? Is that a face hugger from Aliens? Quick someone kill this guy before one bursts from his chest."

Which is not to say they shouldn't bring it back. More variety is good. Race specific outfits would also be interesting, although with every player character being some version of "human" there would no doubt be people wanting to let everyone wear those outfits. And before you argue that no the races aren't all "human", for programming purposes they really are. Any differences are largely cosmetic as all player races use the same body types.

The OP doesn't REQUIRE Steve's 'interpretation' of what is and what isn't a bounty hunter. You two find it ugly is not in the slightest relevant. They asked if it was still obtainable or brought back. I couldn't careless what either of your interpretation of bounty hunter is. It's the Star Wars universe. Lot of different looking beings wear different things. Argue? They're not human though (in-universe). Blame TOR for being so damn lazy they couldn't put more effort in the "humanoid" races. The sliders are the bare minimum... Aside from some of the player ones, the models are not the same. A few of them had to be created again in order to be played or cosmetically changed to wear outfits. For something that shares the same model as hu-mon they sure get very little to no cosmetic updates. For something that is all the same 'programming' why didn't new cosmetics & eyes get delivered to every race?

Edited by DarkEcIipse

So *why* in the name of Hell did you decide to insult me directly?

If you have to ask that question then you should just stop while your ahead.

Reminds me of a few people that tread into threads who have no desire to help or support and only comment to cause a ruckus because they dislike the topic. Good thing they installed a handy exist door. I strongly suggest you make use of it.

The OP doesn't REQUIRE Steve's 'interpretation' of what is and what isn't a bounty hunter. You two find it ugly is not in the slightest relevant. They asked if it was still obtainable or brought back. I couldn't careless what either of your interpretation of bounty hunter is. It's the Star Wars universe. Lot of different looking beings wear different things. Argue? They're not human though (in-universe). Blame TOR for being so damn lazy they couldn't put more effort in the "humanoid" races. The sliders are the bare minimum... Aside from some of the player ones, the models are not the same. A few of them had to be created again in order to be played or cosmetically changed to wear outfits. For something that shares the same model as hu-mon they sure get very little to no cosmetic updates. For something that is all the same 'programming' why didn't new cosmetics & eyes get delivered to every race?

You're really quick to jump all over people. I never said the OP required Steve's interpretation. The OP said the helmet fit bounty hunters. It only fits his/her interpretation of bounty hunters. People are free to disagree which Steve did - and so did I. Maybe in your rabid frothing you missed where I said that it didn't mean they shouldn't bring it back and more variety is good. I also agreed with you that race specific outfits would be interesting, I simply pointed out that people would no doubt demand that everyone be able to wear them as everyone shares the same body type.

You're really quick to jump all over people. I never said the OP required Steve's interpretation. The OP said the helmet fit bounty hunters. It only fits his/her interpretation of bounty hunters. People are free to disagree which Steve did - and so did I. Maybe in your rabid frothing you missed where I said that it didn't mean they shouldn't bring it back and more variety is good. I also agreed with you that race specific outfits would be interesting, I simply pointed out that people would no doubt demand that everyone be able to wear them as everyone shares the same body type.

Oh sure.... You missed the part of it being irrelevant to the topic. Did the OP ask how it looks? No. Hence off topic. Nor does it 'only fit' their interpretation. It is labelled under BH. I have much better things to do than argue with a self appointed GL on what fits in the SW universe. Whether you agree or not does not matter.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Oh sure.... You missed the part of it being irrelevant to the topic. Did the OP ask how it looks? No. Hence off topic...

This entire second page seems to be off-topic and you're the majority of it :p

I'd love to know where to get this helmet too (or get it on cm), it's both gross and amazing at the same time and now I want it too.

Edited by Kiesu

This entire second page seems to be off-topic and you're the majority of it :p

Really? Mr Steve doesn't get nominated first place for the first page for asking the OP why he was personally attacked? You guys are hilarious. .. really...

On topic: That helmet seems to be entirely out of commission. The only ones that exist at this moment are the Battle Master Combat Medic/Eliminator vairent (Clear helm doesn't have bone pattern) and the one from the starship/Galactic Starfighter vendor on the fleet.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/15/battlemaster-combat-medic/battlemasterelminatorfront1.jpg

Being the only person to actually bother to find out and answer the 'ACTUAL' topic instead of deliberately trolling like it's Dromund Kaas Plaza.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Really? Mr Steve doesn't get nominated first place for the first page for asking the OP why he was personally attacked? You guys are hilarious. .. really...

On topic: That helmet seems to be entirely out of commission. The only ones that exist at this moment are the Battle Master Combat Medic/Eliminator vairent (Clear helm doesn't have bone pattern) and the one from the starship/Galactic Starfighter vendor on the fleet.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/15/battlemaster-combat-medic/battlemasterelminatorfront1.jpg

Being the only person to actually bother to find out and answer the 'ACTUAL' topic instead of deliberately trolling like it's Dromund Kaas Plaza.

Yes you're both equally off topic with your rapid postings. I hope that makes you feel better.

We know where the clear version is, even I have it :rolleyes:

We want the gross version OP posted, find me that one instead of trying to look important by posting the one that's been on a public fleet vendor for anyone to purchase for 7 years in a row, nobody is looking for that one here <__<

Edited by Kiesu

Disregarding the buffoons that have littered this thread. The set was tier 2 pvp set back when the game didn't have rng gear progression. It shares the same model as Battle master helm and was called Centurion/Champion. Nothing new to add except that you could try seeing if anyone from back then might have reverse engineered it and could possibly craft it. (long shot) or check gtn. Or wait until Bioware decides to bring it back by selling it in their C-Store. Which they have been doing recently with lot of old pvp/pve sets that they removed from the game.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/17/79/ee1779ca8b914ff3bb3a3afdcb09c1b5.jpg

For now your only other option besides that is looking at the ̶u̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶- bounty hunter i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶p̶r̶e̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶ 7̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ models that I have listed previously and use the other helms available that look pretty neat as well. Some of them also drop from the alliance crates.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/bounty-hunter/

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Jorkan looks like he could be an extra from episode IV. This haircut is so late 70s. :D

Ontopic: I cannot help the OP with an answer, but my two cents are that I really hope that this helmet will never ever be (again) available in this game. There are a lot of ugly helmets, but this one tops all. I wished I could make myself unsee what I just saw.

I know that tastes differ, and I am fine if someone else likes this helmet.