Original Class Companions Returning Next - Will You Update Us In The Livestream?

Sarova

As title Devs. Which companion(s) is(are) coming back next? Is anyone returning in 5.9.2 or is that going to be a PvP orientated patch plus a stronghold only? Will there be info in the upcoming Live Stream? I need neeeewwwwss please! :D

Still MIA:

• Lord Scourge
  • Doc
  • DS Jaesa
  • LS Jaesa
  • Zenith
  • Theran Cedrax (& Holiday)
  • Kira
  • Khem Val
  • Nadia Grell

I saw info on Vulkk but it was conflicting as it said a couple of companions are scheduled to return in July but later stated the same 2 companions would not be returning until patch 5.10. I doubt we will get more than one patch this month.

I obviously can't speak for the devs, but my understanding from all the information they've put out thus far is that 5.9.2 is going to be purely PvP focused, to include the new SH (which has a PvP component to it). Logically, this would mean that potential companion reunions wouldn't happen until 5.10.

DS Jaesa was said to be coming back in the next update. While Scourge and Kira are taking a little longer but are meant to be making a return.

Though of course things are subject to delays and any return will likely be short and unrewarding. Comprising of:

Hi where you been?

Doing Stuff!

Great, Welcome back!

And then never to appear or say anything ever again.

Though of course things are subject to delays and any return will likely be short and unrewarding. Comprising of:

Hi where you been?

Doing Stuff!

Great, Welcome back!

And then never to appear or say anything ever again.

Yeah, it always bothered me when your LI would tell you how much they missed you, but stopped looking for you because it got too hard, or other nonsensical reasons. Never mind the fact that when you become the "Alliance Commander", your name is pretty much on the lips of everyone across the galaxy at that point. Eventually, everyone learns you're on Odessen, including the Eternal Empire, except for your original crew it seemed. At the very least, they should have had all original crew reunions happen on Odessen to reflect that they ultimately never gave up looking for you and finally seek you out there.

Yeah DS Jaesa is next, supposedly. I think it's meant to happen this month, last I remember.

My best possible explanation for Jaesa's absence, as I mentioned in the Jaesa thread, was that after you toppled the Eternal Empire yourself, she wanted to prove to herself that she was strong enough to be worthy to return to your side, which ties into the fact that she was searching for power for much of the time you were gone.

They have to come up with some imperfect explanation for most of the companions anyway, and I would definitely buy that one for her.

Hi Sarova,

The reason you are confused when reading my post is because the last time I updated my post was back when Bioware had not announced if the July patch will be 5.10 or 5.9.2. Now we know that 5.10 is still months away.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll update the article with latest known facts and announcements.

Edited by JediAAK

Hi Sarova,

The reason you are confused when reading my post is because the last time I updated my post was back when Bioware had not announced if the July patch will be 5.10 or 5.9.2. Now we know that 5.10 is still months away.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll update the article with latest known facts and announcements.

Vulkk replied to my post! I am honoured! I shall worship this until the end of time :D

Thank you!