Redesign obsolete PvP Chivos

DartEsk

The on achievement Ive always had trouble with was the 10 killing blows and 10 deaths in the same match;)

I am currently struggling to get the 10x Die in the Yavin wz, First of all its a long wait of for it to pop (although I got a good way now), second, we mostly win so hard to get killed 10 times.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The on achievement Ive always had trouble with was the 10 killing blows and 10 deaths in the same match;)

I either die 10 times and not kill anything cause they have multple healers or I easily get the killing blows because they aren’t that good. I can never find those matches that have enough balance to do both.

Now, some people would say just kill 10 in the match and then suicide to get the 10 deaths. But that’s not how I play. Maybe it’s ego or something, but I can’t just let someone kill me.

So I’m still waiting to get that achievement.

Honestly, it’s the dumbest achievement in the game and I hope I never get it. ;)

It's bugged anyway.

Some of those are a bit too small.

Anyone can get 5 killing blows in a WZ, especially if you’re spamming an AOE. (As long as people are actually dying and you don’t have 6 healers in a match ;))

Any pvper can get one solo kill every match. I usually get 2 or 3 just defending or attacking the off node by myself.

I do agree that 10 is a bit high under the current system, but one is ludicrous. Anywhere between 5 and 8 would work.

55 Total kills in this meta won’t happen very often because there are too many healers and tanks, so nothing dies.

But that’s about to change and there will only ever be 1 healer and 1 tank per team. That means there will be a lot more people dying when the change happens. I think you need to wait and see what the change brings.

After I read this post I got curious so I started checking screenies I had saved [ I save a lot of them for theorycrafting/ trends, and as 'evidence' to back up an opinion or occurrence in discussions.] I went through 350 and out of that I only had 4 instances of 55 kills or over, so that's like what? One half of 1 % heh. That tells me there is a lot of luck going on when it happens because that's so few out of so many. So like you said, doesn't happen very often.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

doesn't happen very often.

Well, that's the case NOW, but wasnt the case before.

We are getting class changes from time to time and with 6.0 coming they might introduce new abilities etc so that "something" changes and with that PVP will change again. Just look at what was added over the years, Sages got Wandering Mend, Reflect abilities, not to mention Utilities that enhance the game play. So overall before it was pretty much possible and now we will get new matchmaking limiting the number of healers and tanks. 6.0 is coming too with probable changes to classes. I would leave it as it is and see.

Well, that's the case NOW, but wasnt the case before.

We are getting class changes from time to time and with 6.0 coming they might introduce new abilities etc so that "something" changes and with that PVP will change again. Just look at what was added over the years, Sages got Wandering Mend, Reflect abilities, not to mention Utilities that enhance the game play. So overall before it was pretty much possible and now we will get new matchmaking limiting the number of healers and tanks. 6.0 is coming too with probable changes to classes. I would leave it as it is and see.

But they are also making all of the matches shorter:

* Alderaan turrets hit for 12 instead of 10

* Ancient Hypergate Orbs give more points

* Voidstar reduces the time of all casts, making a rush to the datacore much more likely

* Yavin Ruins ships only have 500 health and deaths contribute to the score

* Huttball matches are only 10 minutes (down from 13)

The achievement objectives have been very hard to complete legitimately at first, and only became more and more difficult as time went on. Even if there is a mesasure of backtracking, it will be completely negated by the vastly reduced match length.

Do you really belive it's possible to do 10 Solo Kills within 10 minutes in Huttbal? It probably takes as much when people run into you naked just to die, if even half of them fight back there simply won't be enough time. The above poster mentioned only having 55 kills 4 times in 350 matches. Not only does it mean the objective criteria are only possible less than 1% of the time, it is still a tiny fraction of 7 warzones multiplied by 50 times required to complete Elite versions of achievements.

7x50/0,01 = 35,000 matches! That insane amount means you either have to play random warzones for decades hoping to progress them normally or team up with friends on opposing sides and ruin the match for everyone else. The change IS required, and a major warzone revamp is the perfect time to do it.

Its all about the premades. I have witnessed times on the Progenitor when the premades were farming reps like crazy, just killing people right at spawn, getting 55 kills and killing blows was easy. It wastly depended on the server, if you wanted to farm solo kills u went to an RP server not PVP ofc. You took a stealther and went to lowbies killing them 1 by 1. Its all still doable, people just getting more and more lazy.

All you see on forums is.... Knights of the Eternal grind.... grind for gear, grind for cxp, grind for UCs, story mode is too hard, bosses have too much HP, operations are too hard and now people come with PVP achievements being hard to get after 5 years of their existence. It does take a while, but thats why its an achievement and yes you do get it after thousands of matches. Just look at the 50k kill achievement, many have that, if you kill cca 30 per match it takes 1600+ matches.....

if you wanted to farm solo kills u went to an RP server not PVP ofc. You took a stealther and went to lowbies killing them 1 by 1. Its all still doable, people just getting more and more lazy.

If you need to switch server to get chivo - it's a broken chivo. I'm playing 6 years, i have those 50K kills and 100 valor but i never ever made 10 solo kills in one match. There are no way to do it regular wz.

If you need to switch server to get chivo - it's a broken chivo. I'm playing 6 years, i have those 50K kills and 100 valor but i never ever made 10 solo kills in one match. There are no way to do it regular wz.

The "switch server" was not cause it was a broken achievo, but because of the circumstances. People on TOFN were ofc harder to deal with than on Progenitor for example. You have to be good to do these, killing people at spawn is the only way to get these and you have to be good as people will keep coming from the spawn and see you spike their team mate and help him. You have to be able to take down more than 1 enemy and this wouldn't be possible on a PVP server, but it is possible. After all killing the enemy is helping the team, even in huttball as you hinder those enemies to work against your team.

You have to be good to do these

Nah, I affirm that all people who got those PvP chivos up to 100% got them using "grinding chivo team" or multiboxing. Thats's not the way how it should be, and that's why those chivos should be redesign, like Healing/Dmg PVP chivos were redesigned to fit current game realities.

Nah, I affirm that all people who got those PvP chivos up to 100% got them using "grinding chivo team" or multiboxing. Thats's not the way how it should be, and that's why those chivos should be redesign, like Healing/Dmg PVP chivos were redesigned to fit current game realities.

None of that would work for the solo kill achievements. That is all skill. If you want to get solo kills on people, you can not have anyone heal you, tank for you or hit the other guy or the guy who might be healing him.

That means no “chivo team” or multiboxing.

The main difficulty with this achievement is other people interfering with your kill. There are so many time I’m going for my last killing blow on someone to get a solo and some idiot comes charging across the WZ to tap him on the shoulder to say “hi” before I kill him.

That messes up your solo kill. It would be good if people realised what was happening around them in pvp and weren’t dps trigger happy.

I don’t just mean with people trying to get solo kills. I mean people breaking cc’s while you try to cap or white baring people before the hutt ball traps, etc. Situational awareness is severely lacking in this game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

None of that would work for the solo kill achievements. That is all skill. If you want to get solo kills on people, you can not have anyone heal you, tank for you or hit the other guy or the guy who might be healing him.

That means no “chivo team” or multiboxing.

That is exactly why those "10 solo kills" chivos only obtainable in contractual warzones/battles with "chivo teams".

16ppl made 4 teams and queue for 1 wz... should i explain next step? )

Do you know how hard it is to queue sync 4 groups? Unless there are no other people in the queue, it’s basically impossible.

But if that’s what they are doing, it hurts no one and who cares. Cheers to them for even being able to queue sync up 16 people. That alone should be an achievement :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Do you know how hard it is to queue sync 4 groups? Unless there are no other people in the queue, it’s basically impossible.

But if that’s what they are doing, it hurts no one and who cares. Cheers to them for even being able to queue sync up 16 people. That alone should be an achievement :D

Trixxie, if you do have a discord or something, PM me, I can explain you everything. :)

So, we're back to where we started. The achivements are so terribly balanced that they're only possible in controlled matches where the other side runs into you naked to suicide. In any legitimate match, making 10 Solo Kills or 55 Kills Total in the allotted time is simply not possible. When people try and get those premade groups set up, any regular players caught in between are screwed because people will do everything except the intended objectives. This only hurts the PVP environment and frustrates other players. A significant lowering of the required kills is needed.

Yeah, people don't absolutely run premades, at all, never, ever.

*looks at the many premade complain threads*

When a premade is formed to dominate the opposing side in PVP, at least they are playing the game as intended, albeit with an advantage. But when 2 or 3 person on your team ignore objectives and run aside to be repeatedly killed by their friend on opposing faction, they are hurting the team and making experience worse.

Achievements for a number of captured objectives or earned medals would be a reasonable thing to have. But if you're somehow making 55 Kills in Odessen or 10 Solo Kills in Huttbal, you're playing the game wrong. This behavior should not be endorsed.

Imagine if we had achievements for having up to 50 total group wipes on each and every ops boss. Some people would just get them naturally, others would form a group with friends and suicide without gear over and over. But some inevitably would intentionally cause wipes on a regular PUG group runs, annoying everybody else and ruining their experience. Would it be possible to complete such achievements? Yes. But that doesn't mean the game should have them.

I think it’s fine to add new PVP achievements that are realistic for the current meta, but the original ones should remain to respect the folks who have been PVPing since the beginning or are determined enough to find a way to do them anyways.

Exactly, removing them would be asbolutely stupid.

Another option is to extend WZ time so they lasts not for 5 mins but for 30-40, that's also will work.

One of those time limited chivos - to be defeated 15 (not 10 like others) times on odessen - u cant do it 'cause basically noone wanna kill you you, all busy with objectives.