QOL for leveling alts

Ld-Siris

My suggestion is for map clearance. I believe if you clear a map on a planet on one character and get the achievement for that planet the map should be unlocked legacy wide. Its pretty frustrating when you spend hours unlocking the map just to go there on a different character it's all darkened. It literally takes hours unlocking all the planets.

Side note this was double painful for me as I spent the time long ago to unlock the map on my main only to have it all darken several patches ago (I don't remember when exactly 4.0-5.5). I literal had to spend hours reunlocking my map on my main. Even tho the achievement said unlocked by main character...…...

My suggestion is for map clearance. I believe if you clear a map on a planet on one character and get the achievement for that planet the map should be unlocked legacy wide. Its pretty frustrating when you spend hours unlocking the map just to go there on a different character it's all darkened. It literally takes hours unlocking all the planets.

If you don't include the words "an option to" then I absolutely refuse to support your suggestion. I don't want this feature as "always on".

No. Stronger than that. I want to not have it on my characters, even on grotesque planets like Belsavis and Corellia. I use the progressive map reveal as a progress indicator for that character. If the map-reveal is legacy wide, then I can't do that, and *my* QoL is reduced.

Side note this was double painful for me as I spent the time long ago to unlock the map on my main only to have it all darken several patches ago (I don't remember when exactly 4.0-5.5). I literal had to spend hours reunlocking my map on my main. Even tho the achievement said unlocked by main character...…...

That sounds like a bug, and it should be reported separately in the Bug Reports forum.

If you don't include the words "an option to" then I absolutely refuse to support your suggestion. I don't want this feature as "always on".

No. Stronger than that. I want to not have it on my characters, even on grotesque planets like Belsavis and Corellia. I use the progressive map reveal as a progress indicator for that character. If the map-reveal is legacy wide, then I can't do that, and *my* QoL is reduced.

But the quest marker shows you exactly where to go. But I can see your point I guess. A lot of us long time players know exactly where the quest takes you and its just nice to see the whole map after unlocking it so they could ad a feature where you pay to unlock it via the legacy tab as a 1 time unlock.

That sounds like a bug, and it should be reported separately in the Bug Reports forum.

I did report it and as with bug reports I never got any remark on it. I also put a Customer ticket and got the generic yeah its a bug we will fix in a future update but that was like a year ago and nothing.

But the quest marker shows you exactly where to go. But I can see your point I guess. A lot of us long time players know exactly where the quest takes you and its just nice to see the whole map after unlocking it so they could ad a feature where you pay to unlock it via the legacy tab as a 1 time unlock.

I'm a long-time player. My first character began her journey in March 2013.

I'm well aware that the mission marker shows where to go. What I *said* was that I use the map-reveal as a measure of *progress*, not a measure of *destination*. ("Where have I been" rather than "where do I go next".)

But all I'm asking is that it should be optional, so OK. (There's a separate debate, I guess, about whether it should be per-legacy or per-character, but whatever.)

I am also a long time player who does not quite always remember where quests are located, I always use my map as a indicator as to where my current character has not been.

I also agree with Steve, options such as this to "add to QOL" should always be a optional toggle.

I am so happy that I found this post. I was just thinking about this exact thing not 10 minutes ago and wanted to make several posts of things that I wanted. This is number one.

However, I would prefer this implementation:

A Legacy Unlock that allows for people with the Galactic Explorer achievement (all maps found) to have all maps already discovered for a character (does not include quick travel points). Make it legacy level 10 and an unlock for each individual character. I would call the unlock "Mapmaker" or "Galactic Cartographer".

I would have initially said make it a universal unlock, but other posts made me think otherwise since not everyone enjoys this idea. However, the idea of making it a toggle is even better to me since everyone would could decide. I think though that anyone that turns it on would no longer receive any experience for entering areas they have never traveled.

I am so happy that I found this post. I was just thinking about this exact thing not 10 minutes ago and wanted to make several posts of things that I wanted. This is number one.

However, I would prefer this implementation:

A Legacy Unlock that allows for people with the Galactic Explorer achievement (all maps found) to have all maps already discovered for a character (does not include quick travel points). Make it legacy level 10 and an unlock for each individual character. I would call the unlock "Mapmaker" or "Galactic Cartographer".

I would have initially said make it a universal unlock, but other posts made me think otherwise since not everyone enjoys this idea. However, the idea of making it a toggle is even better to me since everyone would could decide. I think though that anyone that turns it on would no longer receive any experience for entering areas they have never traveled.

Haha I was blown away many posters didn't like the idea but I understand everyone likes different stuff. I also forgot about the XP but to be honest it isn't really a lot. I like your idea but I don't think it could be a toggle. I think it'd be more of a unlock.

Haha yeah I have been thinking they should have done this for a while.