Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EA customer service - what service?

JecVanguard

I paid for cartel coins on Friday and they still havent arrived. I raised a ticket, they marked it resolved without doing anything. I raised another ticket and they have now marked that resolved. It isnt resolved you idiots. MY god what is wrong with these people. I want a ********* refund.

I paid for cartel coins on Friday and they still havent arrived. I raised a ticket, they marked it resolved without doing anything. I raised another ticket and they have now marked that resolved. It isnt resolved you idiots. MY god what is wrong with these people. I want a ********* refund.

If you want a refund, I believe you must contact live support.... A ticket won't do it. All account transactions require direct discussion with CS by phone.

Every time I try to contact CS there's no one available...what a surprise...

I have had enough experience over the years with CS to tell you in all forthrightness that your condescension toward CS is unwarranted.

One, tickets are closed when they're read by CS, unless they want a follow-up response. Just because you see at ticket marked as closed does not mean that work has ceased on that ticket. If anything, take it as a sign that it has begun.

Two, in the case you mention here about cartel coins, the ticket was rolled into everyone else's ticket with the same concern. Your ticket essentially flagged a duplicate bug. Your ticket, on this issue with the cartel coins, has done its job. CS is aware, and CS is working on it, just like they're working on the issue with everyone else's also-closed ticket.

It sounds like there's a problem moving from the queue of completed transactions to actually giving the in-game rewards. When they figure out that problem, it should be fairly easy to push all the backed-up rewards all at once. As a result they're not going to manually push CC or the like to affected players, since they would have to go in and remove them from the queue.

Basically, once they solve the underlying problem it should be resolved pretty quickly. Until then, there's nothing CS can really do.

It sounds like there's a problem moving from the queue of completed transactions to actually giving the in-game rewards. When they figure out that problem, it should be fairly easy to push all the backed-up rewards all at once. As a result they're not going to manually push CC or the like to affected players, since they would have to go in and remove them from the queue.

Basically, once they solve the underlying problem it should be resolved pretty quickly. Until then, there's nothing CS can really do.

^^ I agree.

They may very well need to run a script to flush out the lost CCs to their rightful owners.. and that requires coding, test, and debug.. and they have to get it right.. or they create more problems than they solve. They certainly are not going to find and deliver the missing CCs manually.. because that would be prone to a wide range of possible errors (some which may favor the customer, and some which will not).

Edited by Andryah

The reason their customer care is very very poor is information. Everyone accepts that things go wrong and problems occur. A company with good customer service values its customers and keeps them informed with useful communication. EA consistently ignores its customers and when things go wrong fails to communicate with them. In a competitive market EA would rapidly run out of customers, but they have a monopoly on SWTOR so feel no need to actually care for their customers. This incident has confirmed all my worst fears about EA. It's been days now and i have no information about where my coins are or if i'm going to get a refund. Without doubt is the last time I ever buy anything from EA.

The reason their customer care is very very poor is information. Everyone accepts that things go wrong and problems occur. A company with good customer service values its customers and keeps them informed with useful communication. EA consistently ignores its customers and when things go wrong fails to communicate with them. In a competitive market EA would rapidly run out of customers, but they have a monopoly on SWTOR so feel no need to actually care for their customers. This incident has confirmed all my worst fears about EA. It's been days now and i have no information about where my coins are or if i'm going to get a refund. Without doubt is the last time I ever buy anything from EA.

An absence of "information" matching your personal expectations, does not mean customer service is bad or failed. It simply means there is limited information they are able to provide at the moment. This is not a case where only one, or a few players, were impacted. It clearly reaches most players who purchased CCs late last week.. and as such.. and given CS cannot actually address the issue for each player... you are not going to get personal and account specific communications on the resolution... no matter how much you bluster or stomp your feet.

First.. there has been some feedback over in the EA support site for this MMO... no firm commitments on resolution time frame yet... but an acknowledgement of the problem and that they are working to resolve it. Pretty normal actually for this sort and scale of issue (it affect a lot more people than just you). So in essence, they have acknowledged the problem, stated that they are working to resolve it, and have no specific commitment on timing of the resolution yet. Like it or not.. that IS communication on the issue.

Second... this is not something Customer Support can actually address (nor EA, more broadly) ... it relies on the studio to fix and resolve. The impact is large across a lot of players.. so it takes time to resolve it... and they will do so I am sure in some automated manner... not manually and with hand holding care and attention that you seem to expect.

So in large measure your frustration based attacks are misplaced in this case. You have however successfully portrayed your impatience.

Edited by Andryah

Look at the state of the game, the population of the game, and the miniscule staff and resources EA has allocated towards the game.

The "Resolved" status indicates CS is aware of your issue. Musco has posted on the forums and elsewhere that they are working on the issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.