Stronghold

RickyMarino

Hi everyone! I've just came back after 3 years and I'm not sure how to manage strongholds. I understood their use, but is it better to have one per charachter, or just one per faction (one imp and one rep)? For now I have one stronghold on imp side and I suppose just imperial charachters will be able to access it, but what about republic charachters?

Should I have one stronghold per charachter, or one per faction will be enough?

Thank you so much

Hi everyone! I've just came back after 3 years and I'm not sure how to manage strongholds. I understood their use, but is it better to have one per charachter, or just one per faction (one imp and one rep)? For now I have one stronghold on imp side and I suppose just imperial charachters will be able to access it, but what about republic charachters?

Thank you so much

If you buy a stronghold, all of your characters can use it. If it is Dromund Kaas, Republic characters must pay a fee to be smuggled in, and the same applies to Imperial characters and Bounty Hunters(1) going to the Coruscant stronghold.

Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are much cheaper to acquire, to the extent that you might as well buy both rather than just one of them.

If you bought one of the others (Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Yavin, Manaan, Umbara), then all your characters can use them without paying extra.

(1) Despite playing on Empire worlds, and being created on that side, the Bounty Hunter character is quite insistent on multiple occasions during the class story and other things that he is NOT an Imperial. Two senior Darths, independently, agree, and one of them even tells you that this is a good thing.

One stronghold, period, is enough if it's one of the non-alligned SHs - Nar Shadaa, Tatooine, Yavin4, Umbara, Manaan, (Rishi)

The only faction specific SHs are Coruscant and D.K. - but they're also the cheapest.

Even if you don't want to "decorate" a Stronghold, they are still good to have as a central place where you can put Legacy Storage, Cargo Hold, Mailbox, etc.

What they said. In total:

Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are faction-specific (Imp/Rep respectively). Your other-faction can access, but it costs 1000 credits to "smuggle" them in. [One cute thing: smugglers and agents get a discount, since they are presumably sneaky!] But this gets old fast. So you DEFINITELY will want at least both (or one Neutral faction SH)

Nar Shaddaa is by far the cheapest of the open faction SH's. I'd recommend it. But each has its charms.

If you eventually get into the Conquest events, note you get a bonus for each of up to 6 strongholds (you no longer have to decorate them to qualify, just have them).

The benefit to having only one which all can access is that you will want to put in the utility decorations (a GTN terminal, a Cargo bay, etc.). These are a bit costly. So you could get by with only one set if you put it in a faction-neutral SH.

Thank you all!!! I think I'll go for the Nar Shaddaa stronghold: it was my first choice thinkin about flavor and I just want it for utilities! You helped me a lot guys, more than videos and tutorials. thank you all! Edited by RickyMarino

Thank you all!!! I think I'll go for the Nar Shaddaa stronghold: it was my first choice thinkin about flavor and I just want it for utilities! You helped me a lot guys, more than videos and tutorials. thank you all!
Before you go that route, keep in mind that buying a Dromund Kass stronghold and a Coruscant stronghold will cost you far less, combined, than buying the Nar Shaddaa stronghold.

DK: 5000 credits or 50 Cartel Coins

Cor: 5000 cr or 50 CC

Total: 10k cr or 100 CC for both

Nar Shaddaa: 250k cr or 500 CC