Can you find out the person you just mailed something to?

Argeopali

if you can remember the name or part of it, you can do a search for that name.

- but it won't come up with any results if that character isn't logged in.

If you know the whole anme you can put that character on your friends list and see when they are online.

- However there is no way of reviewing all mail transactions after the mail is sent or deleted.

- And It is unlikely that customer service can help - since its a legitimate transaction - mistake or otherwise.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. - Maybe use legacy bank next time or send a legacy item with the mail - since it then can't be posted to anyone outside your own characters. - And if you find the recipient, you'll have to appeal to their honesty to return the money.

- Since 200K is a fairly small amount, maybe someone will take pity on you and give you some credits. - Otherwise you may have to re-earn them. - Some heroics, PVP or dailies are a quick way of making credits - unless you have some item in your inventory that isn't bound that you can sell on the GTN.

GL.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Yeah, at least it was "only" 200K. You can make that back in a half-hr.

The attach a legacy item, is a great trick! You might also want to put all your alts on your friends list. If I recall, mail alerts you if you are sending something to someone who isn't on your list. You can manually add that to all your toons, or drill down in your APPDATA>Local>SWTOR folder. Look for a bunch of [character name]_***socialsettings***.ini files. Each one lists that toon's friend list. Just copy and paste.

Yeah, at least it was "only" 200K. You can make that back in a half-hr.

The attach a legacy item, is a great trick! You might also want to put all your alts on your friends list. If I recall, mail alerts you if you are sending something to someone who isn't on your list. You can manually add that to all your toons, or drill down in your APPDATA>Local>SWTOR folder. Look for a bunch of [character name]_***socialsettings***.ini files. Each one lists that toon's friend list. Just copy and paste.

More to the point, the dropdown in the mail-destination shows interesting people that match what you've typed so far. Initially it was friends and guildies (or maybe just guildies, don't remember), but somewhere along the way, they changed it so it also shows your other characters. Type enough to isolate the name of the character you want, then click on it.

But these days, mailing credits to your own characters is silly. Put them in your legacy storage's credits slot.

But these days, mailing credits to your own characters is silly. Put them in your legacy storage's credits slot.
And that's really the best way! Only reason to mail to an alt now is to send non-legacy items.

It is also the only when for Prefs to transfer credits. I used to store up a bunch of BoE blues/purples, then vendor them on my other (usually new) toons. Prefs still have the 350K limit, but that's another story.

Ugh, what was I thinking? total brain f@rt on my part. Having alt accounts got me confused for a second!

Of course there's no reason to not just do it ALL via Legacy storage!

Edited by DocDAM

I recommend you not send credits to alts in the mail. Just deposit them in any legacy storage and then withdraw those credits with your alt. Legacy storage is shared with ALL characters on a server. (Including characters from another faction)

I recommend you not send credits to alts in the mail. Just deposit them in any legacy storage and then withdraw those credits with your alt. Legacy storage is shared with ALL characters on a server. (Including characters from another faction)

You know what? That's exactly what I said up above.