Companions dismiss on Star Fortresses

Mournblood

I'm sure this has probably already been reported, but I couldn't find a previous thread on it to bump.

The bug is that every time I change levels in a Star Fortress, my companion gets dismissed. It's simple enough to work around - you just resummons the companion before proceeding on a new level - but there are those times when you forget to do that in then realize you're in a heap of trouble.

This has been reported many, many times. It has been around since 5.0 came out, I think, and was initially worse because:

* It happens in other circumstances than just Star Fortresses (notably going into and out of Warzones).

* It can affect any level of character that has a companion.

* It "locked" the companion in a way that meant that the "N" panel wouldn't resummon them unless you summoned a different one first.

* It was capable of affecting characters with only one companion, and such characters had NO way to summon the companion again without logging out of the game.

They fixed the "can't resummon with the 'N' panel" bug, but until they did, lowbies could have a really hard time on the capital worlds.

When SF came out, it did work properly with companions. I say just keep this topic active and keep reporting it in game until they fix it. This is a simple matter of, "oh well ... there's a work-around so ... maybe some other time."