Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Outrageous Respec Cost

Dinn

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duel/Tri Spec please.....

I am levelling with a dps spec which I would like to experiment with but as I am not able to without the high respec costs I am leaving points in poor places (yehyeh should have done more research but wanted to get on with actually playing the game).

Also and the main point for me is that I would like to be able to heal in flashpoints as healers seem rare while levelling, would happily fulfill this role if needed but not prepared to respec fully for it.

As for Tri Spec..... having a dedicated pvp spec would be nice also ;P but maybe Im being greedy!

Development Teams are there to develop so they aren't going to sugar coat anything. The community manager or any type of manager will be hesitant to give exactly what you need to know because they don't want to put themselves out there to be bomb blasted by the community if the deadlines aren't met.

I would definitely listen to the dev team and their confirmation over a manager who is putting out the fire.

Lol...thats your problem.

Must...grasp....at....straws.....

If you cant even concern yourself with the latest company communication and have to cling to an age old comment because it suits your agenda...well, thats your choice and your ignorance.

Enjoy it and have fun in game :)

Driz

It's not age-old. If you want to ignore what those who are involved in game design say and cling to comments from someone who has no part in game designing because it suits your agenda...well, that's your choice and your ignorance.

But I know they'll put it in because so many people want it, and it's vital for a game that promotes competitive play in PvE and PvP like SWTOR does. Look at how little content there is at 50 right now. You're going to have people who want to PvE and PvP who won't be able to compete competitively in either without a lot of money and time wasted in respecs if dual-spec isn't put in. Not to mention all the arguments against it are flawed, vapid and centered on 'NO THEY CAN'T PLAY THAT WAY I FORBID IT' type thinking.

It will go in; this is 'when' not 'if'. It's just a matter of time.

Edited by Garnet

Tri-Spec is a bit too much. What exactly is a pvp spec, it's basically a dps spec with a couple talent tree modifications... not really worth it.

I would be happy with a dual spec of the talent trees.

I am opposed to Advance Class Respec. If they do allow Advance Respec, it should cost 5 Million Credits so people think before making the change.

Ok many of you have been force to live with the fact the respecing so often is a no no because hey the devs do not like that and balancing the game around every possible spec is hard and game would be too difficult for players to analyze.

Bioware why dont you just copy and paste another one of Blizzard's game and allow for unlimited free respecs. Those people above me that complain about "sitck to one build" need to get out of that frame of mind the devs have forced onto you. Flexibility is a feature the gamers value and to deny them is bad product development. I am sorry if everyone here likes being boxed into one play style for the entire game but I rolled an operative to be able to heal and dps because it is what I feel like doing and helps in progression.

Only legitimate complaint I have seen on this thread is my math. yea it is roughly 25-30 games, but have many game will the 6th one cost.

I actually agree. And all the people who want an LFD tool should love this idea, since they're all about streamlining things.

Lol...thats your problem.

Must...grasp....at....straws.....

If you cant even concern yourself with the latest company communication and have to cling to an age old comment because it suits your agenda...well, thats your choice and your ignorance.

Enjoy it and have fun in game :)

Driz

Ps. read the entire post from reddit and you'll realize that he didn't answer one single question definitely. Does that mean nothing of what was said is going to be included? Get real, stop "flame"

What exactly is a pvp spec, it's basically a dps spec with a couple talent tree modifications... not really worth it.

Maybe not to you, but in competitve PvP that can make or break a game easily :)

Also, some classes like BH have totally different trees for PvE and PvP. Firebug is our utility and PvP tree, while Arsenal is pure damage. You certainly wouldn't want to be running the same spec in both PvE and PvP if you wanted to play seriously.

This is exactly why they added an increase in costs and why they should keep it as is. Respec isn't intended to be done after every grouping, it is made for when you made the wrong decision regarding your play style.

Go look for an additional guild member who has either dps or healing and stick to one.

So you're saying If I get to the point of the outrageous price I should re-roll the same class time 6?

Edited by maximusedward

No, cost are fine, of if anything, too low. It's not meant as a ghetto dual spec. It's meant to allow you to experiment while you level and correct errors in your spec. Pick one and stick with it. There is no dual spec. Get over it.

So you're saying If I get to the point of the outrageous price I should re-roll the same class time 6?

After a full week of no respeccing, the counter resets and you're back at 0 cost for respec. It's good enough for experimentation, while limiting exploitation. If you want to respec every day, this isn't your game.

why every week?

Ask BioWare?

Edit:

Since when is it exploitable to respec? what do you gain from it? more gold?

Yes, yes you do. You're in a PVP spec one moment, then the next you're in a raiding spec, then back to pvp once the raid is over. You do gain a lot from respecs.

Edited by Truga

Ask BioWare?

Edit:

Yes, yes you do. You're in a PVP spec one moment, then the next you're in a raiding spec, then back to pvp once the raid is over. You do gain a lot from respecs.

How the *********** hell do you call that exploitation?

Playing the game is now an exploit, huh? You, sir, are barking mad.

I see no reason to limit respec'ing in a game that focuses on a single player gameplay with huge story lines and the current state of PvP.

The only limitation here is the fun factor.

Exactly. And I find actually challenge and actual planning and decisions fun. Respec would take planning and decisions away from talent trees, I could just reset every 10 minutes to figure out what's best.

Again, maybe this just isn't your game, because I personally find this way of doing things fun.

How the *********** hell do you call that exploitation?

Playing the game is now an exploit, huh? You, sir, are barking mad.

Again, I find playing this game, where the decision of what tree I put points in matters, fun.

Exactly. And I find actually challenge and actual planning and decisions fun. Respec would take planning and decisions away from talent trees, I could just reset every 10 minutes to figure out what's best.

Again, maybe this just isn't your game, because I personally find this way of doing things fun.

It's also absolutely idiotic. If you are into competitive gaming, you want the optimal spec for different activities. Pretty sure if you're doing hard/nightmare mode PVE content, you want your raid group using PVE builds. If you are into PVP, I'd imagine you'd want incoming damage reduction and mobility talents. Maybe you only want to participate in one or the other, but many players want to be able to do BOTH.

Again, I find playing this game, where the decision of what tree I put points in matters, fun.

Yes, YOU find it fun playing that way. Fine, play it that way. Just don't be selfish enough to try and limit it for others. We don't care how you play your game so let us have the freedom to play the game how we want to.

It's also absolutely idiotic. If you are into competitive gaming, you want the optimal spec for different activities. Pretty sure if you're doing hard/nightmare mode PVE content, you want your raid group using PVE builds. If you are into PVP, I'd imagine you'd want incoming damage reduction and mobility talents. Maybe you only want to participate in one or the other, but many players want to be able to do BOTH.

I agree with this post. That being said, not a word of it advocates the need to to do it twenty times a farking week.

They can do just that. Either roll a new character, or cope with the cost of constant respeccing. I don't see a problem with that if that's how BW wants it to be...

In other news: I want to do all six things in this game: PVE tank, PVE heals, PVE dps, and the PVP equivalents of the above. I'll roll 6 characters for it if I have to, it's just how the game is.

I agree with this post. That being said, not a word of it advocates the need to to do it twenty times a farking week.

The reason they are needing to respec 20 times a week is not becuase they fancy experimenting with two or three different builds to have fun and play around with those specs in order to settle on their preferred choice.

It's because they want to be able to switch very quickly and conveniently from a full PVP build to a full PVE / raiding build...they are using it as a dual spec mechanic when this game does not support dual spec.

So...respec costs are working as intended and judging by the sheer amount of QQ from the dual speccers, the prohibitive costs for frequent respeccing are doing exactly the job they were implemented for...

Where is the issue again?

Driz

Yes, YOU find it fun playing that way. Fine, play it that way. Just don't be selfish enough to try and limit it for others. We don't care how you play your game so let us have the freedom to play the game how we want to.

I've honestly had enough of this argument. It keeps coming up both here and in the add-ons division. Do you honestly believe that I'll be able to achieve anything without constant respeccing and having all kinds of add-ons, once the game is balanced with them in mind?

Please, just stop.

I think they have it set perfect. They don't offer or really even condone dual-speccing and that is what you seem to be trying to use it for. If the changeover is not worth the creds to you or those you will be assisting, don't respec. Alternately, you can figure out a compromise build that viably covers both roles as opposed to (gasp!) optimizing for the extreme edges of the spectrum or build up a second character in an alternate role. Edited by Matte_Black

I've honestly had enough of this argument. It keeps coming up both here and in the add-ons division. Do you honestly believe that I'll be able to achieve anything without constant respeccing and having all kinds of add-ons, once the game is balanced with them in mind?

Please, just stop.

And we have a winner...

THIS is how your dual / tri spec and constant respeccing will affect the gameplay of others.

Once the game is balanced around dual spec and other assorted easy mode functions it will force players like myself to follow suit or suffer. Why should my game experience be cheapened by easy mode gameplay that wasnt designed for the game, just because the "I want it all" crowd demand it?

So that same old "How does it affect your gameplay" arguement is fail.

Driz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.