Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy System (aka Dont alt or your screwed)

Krowwe

Woah all most of you have taught me as a new player is to be terrified to ask a question or make a point in case I get lambasted and ridiculed. I have a busy life so dont have time to read pre-release interviews and the like. I have just done the same as the OP not knowing about the legacy system. Whenever I start an MMORPG I tend to level a few toons to 10 or thereabouts to see which class is right for me. I have just discovered the legacy system and like the OP would have found it useful to have it brought to my attention before. Its not a massive deal but I dont think the OP was liking it to World Peace....he was just making a point ;)

That's one hell of a necro you did there. It will be changed in 1.5 anyway, it'll be unlocked at level 10.

Hopefully that will finally put this thread to rest. :D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I start an MMORPG I tend to level a few toons to 10 or thereabouts to see which class is right for me. I have just discovered the legacy system and like the OP would have found it useful to have it brought to my attention before.

Well, if the next point release (1.5) continues on as it is on the PTS, this method will no longer be a problem as Legacy will unlock at Level 10.

What exactly is the benefit of Legacy level?

It all still costs a truckload of credits. No rewards, no clothing, no pets.

I'm spoiled by TSW where I get all this and more as achievement bonuses.

For Legacy.. nothing

Well, it's certainly a different system than in TSW, sure. But as your Legacy level progresses, you get to customise the game to an extent; you can pony up for a speeder at level 10 if you are sick of walking everywhere, or not. You can get bonuses for particular types of play on particualr characters (Space missions, WZs, whatever), or not. You can get convenience adds, like a mailbox on all your alts' ships. Or not. It's more about playing the way you want to than about rewards. You want rewards, hit the Group Finder or a WZ. Commendations rain down either way.

The credit thing? Credits are easy in this game; even I can make more than I can spend. Three days of dailies on one alt gets you about a million credits, and that's before you sell the loot you pick up in passing.

Well, it's certainly a different system than in TSW, sure. But as your Legacy level progresses, you get to customise the game to an extent; you can pony up for a speeder at level 10 if you are sick of walking everywhere, or not. You can get bonuses for particular types of play on particualr characters (Space missions, WZs, whatever), or not. You can get convenience adds, like a mailbox on all your alts' ships. Or not. It's more about playing the way you want to than about rewards. You want rewards, hit the Group Finder or a WZ. Commendations rain down either way.

The credit thing? Credits are easy in this game; even I can make more than I can spend. Three days of dailies on one alt gets you about a million credits, and that's before you sell the loot you pick up in passing.

sure I know that, but it's mainly a credit sink and there is no logic behind asking for legacy level AND credits.

Why don't all my chars get speeder at lvl 10 when I hit a certain legacy level?

You see, legacy level simply does not feel rewarding.

btw I don't do dailies. I'm on my third toon, when I hit 50 it's over for me. So, not many credits here because I don't like to play the same missions over and over again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.