The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shae Vizla is an attractive older woman who would be a great romance in SWTOR

So I recently got all the expansions in SWTOR and earned Shae Vizla as a companion. I have to say she is a bit older than what I expected from what I saw in the SWTOR trailers years ago that featured her but.......I don’t care Shae Vizla to me despite being on the older end of the spectrum is still pretty attractive to me.

To quote Captain Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation

“I warn you I am attracted to older women”

I read on the forums here people are talking about how Shae is old and the years aren’t good to her but for me I think in the game Shae Vizla is still pretty hot for a woman her age. Like the first time seeing her in on that pirate village world and her entrance, I have to say for a 50 something year old woman Shae Vizla has a great figure, her animators really did a good job on her.

Shae might be old but her body still has the curves of a woman much much younger and it sucks you as a player have such limited interactions with her in the game 😞 I wish Bioware or EA would add in future content where you can romance Shae and become her new husband or lover then take control of the Mandalorian clan? Just an idea EA or Bioware.

I find the romance options in Bioware games are kind of limiting in terms of ages of potential love interests like in the game I am guessing that most of the romances in the game are early to 20s to like early 40s.

I think Bioware should allow us the options to romance older characters like say Shae Vizla who is a character over 40 years old as in real life people younger sometimes romances people older.

Bioware and EA said they wanted to put more diversity in their games why not have a age diversity for romances.

I hopefully am not the only one on this

Shae Vizla is an attractive older female character I happen to find very very attractive playing this game, it sucks I as a player can’t romance her like I could with younger female love interests like Elara or Kira?

What do you guys here think? Should we start a petition for Bioware or EA to do this?

• Like 1

I think Bioware should allow us the options to romance older characters like say Shae Vizla who is a character over 40 years old as in real life people younger sometimes romances people older.

Some of our characters are not "younger" people (especially after the jump!). I'm sure she is "age appropriate" for many. Those hating on "older" are just kids who don't know what's what yet.

That being stated, no... I don't want to romance Shae. I will burn her to the ground every time, if I get the chance. And age and looks have nothing to do with it.

I think the real question is, how old are you? Are you an older person that finds her attractive for her age, or a younger person that likes older women?

Not that it really matters of course and you don't have to disclose your age, but as you seem to emphasise on her age so much, it kind of piqued my curiosity. :p

Same could be said for Senya, for whom you even get a (single instance of a) flirt convo option.

But, I fear it would be given the same cursory treatment as any of the returning love interests or Arcann.

Is your post about ageism, or for more love interests in general?

Unlike many of the other female love interest companions, Akaavi Spar could very likely be on the older end of the spectrum of ages of our companions. Risha is around Vette's age, despite her apparent maturity level, and all the jedi padawans (Kira, Nadia, Jaesa, and Ashara) are likely young too, simply by virtue of being padawans.* Mako seems to be around their age also. But Akaavi has been through at least as much as Risha in her life as a Mandalorian and probably isn't as young as the rest.

*Interestingly, Rachael Leigh Cook (voice of Jaesa) is 38 and Catherine Taber (voice of Vette) is 38 as well. Tara Strong, who voices Risha, is 45. Stacy Haiduk, voice of Akaavi, is 50 next week. Lacy Chabert (Mako) is 36, Holly Fields (Nadia) is 41, Laura Bailey (Kira) almost 37, Summalee Montano (Shae) is 45, Azura Skye (Ashara) is 36, and I could not find an age for Abby Craden who does Senya. I mention the ages of the voice performers because I'm not solely basing my appraisal of the ages of our companions based on the vocal qualities.

I get it, but I defeated her fair and square and she just blew it off like a little birx. She has no honor.

She acknowledged she lost and gave the info ya wanted. What else did ya want, her to bow at your feet? Good luck with that.

Some of our characters are not "younger" people (especially after the jump!). I'm sure she is "age appropriate" for many. Those hating on "older" are just kids who don't know what's what yet.

I agree with that - very much in fact.

And that fully apart from the fact that I don't think that most characters (role-play !) would be able to handle suich a "mandalorean bomb". I mean, romancing a person coming from a culture that doesn't know anything beside war and weapons might not be easy for non-violent or even pacifist characters ...