The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ridiculous and Inconsistent Cartel Pricing

This latest 'Spring Sale' as some propaganda painted it, isn't a sale but what's bothering me the most is that pricing for cartel items is inconsistent across the board. Stop pricing **** for perceived popularity and trying to make a money grab. The more a sour taste is left in one's mouth, the more disenfranchised one grows with the franchise and the less likely one is to continue paying for it or supporting it.

While I was browsing the cartel market and simply looking at toys, it was so obvious that the pricing is based on popularity and nothing more. Some gold toys are 2400 cartel coins (music therapy probe) vs 215 coins (Orbital Kolto Strike). You see this same thing in every category. There needs to be standardized pricing across the board based on tier, just the same as it is with the unlocks. That's why a platinum tier was introduced, so that more money could be made off those items. There wasn't a need for a new tier, but it a marketing strategy.

So get consistent already. Your supporters would appreciate it.

This latest 'Spring Sale' as some propaganda painted it, isn't a sale but what's bothering me the most is that pricing for cartel items is inconsistent across the board. Stop pricing **** for perceived popularity and trying to make a money grab. The more a sour taste is left in one's mouth, the more disenfranchised one grows with the franchise and the less likely one is to continue paying for it or supporting it.

While I was browsing the cartel market and simply looking at toys, it was so obvious that the pricing is based on popularity and nothing more. Some gold toys are 2400 cartel coins (music therapy probe) vs 215 coins (Orbital Kolto Strike). You see this same thing in every category. There needs to be standardized pricing across the board based on tier, just the same as it is with the unlocks. That's why a platinum tier was introduced, so that more money could be made off those items. There wasn't a need for a new tier, but it a marketing strategy.

So get consistent already. Your supporters would appreciate it.

Would you prefer to see all gold toys priced at 2400 CC?

If BW were to "standardize" cost according to type and rarity, why would they not just set the "standardized price" to the price of the highest priced in that category of type and rarity?

Or is this just another "I think BW should let me buy what I want for a pittance--far less than it currently costs" thread?

Would you prefer to see all gold toys priced at 2400 CC?

If BW were to "standardize" cost according to type and rarity, why would they not just set the "standardized price" to the price of the highest priced in that category of type and rarity?

Or is this just another "I think BW should let me buy what I want for a pittance--far less than it currently costs" thread?

Really? That's the best sort of thoughtful response you can give? Asking for consistency isn't the same thing as 'Everything should be a pittance'... let alone everything 'I want'. If you feel no need for consistency, that's fine for you. People complained about the lack of consistency in unlock prices and that was fixed to a standard. I don't see why there shouldn't be a standard here as well. I've never liked 'popularity' pricing, not even in the real world.

If they choose to set it to the highest, then so be it - at least it would be consistent and people would know what to expect. Some of the things that are sold shouldn't even require cash to unlock.. like.. say a simple sweep emote. Most MMOs give that one for free. I can see paying for things like Gree Hypergate or the Music Therapy Probe but sweep? Search? Shovel? I didn't even bring those things up but its part and parcel of their money making strategy and something else I don't happen to agree with.

You might try posting something thoughtful about the content of the thread instead of throwing shade on the poster.