The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vitiate Vs Palpatine | Vitiate Vs Dread Masters

The Dread Masters are stated to only wield a fraction of Vititates power during the dread war. Could be just game hype and personally I would like to think that the Champions of either faction could have taken the Dread Masters. it makes no sence that they would come together without satbing eachother in the back.

Palpatine is said to be the strongest Sith of all time but if you take a closer look at his performance there are some cracks in the plot armor. he gets cut of by Luke and Leia from the force by a technique they invent on the fly, (before that sort of thing is ever heard of in the star wars media) Galen Marek is able to compete with him at the age of 17 and to put it mildly all he has ever done is simply to fuel his ego so he has a serious overconfidence that can easily be exploited. On top of that he has never fought anyone who has mastered sith sorcery on a high level and Vitiate is one of the greatest sorcerers of all time.

I'm not saying that that Vititate has no weak spots either but Palpatine has simply displayed more of them to my mind.

To my mind it would spell out something like this. They start out with trading lightning and blasts since neither of them favour lightsaber battles when they where in their prime. Whatever building they fight in would be rubble by the time they are through. And when they start to realise that they are evenly matched in raw power (nothing they have showed me suggest otherwise) they turn to sorcery or Force/life drain. I do not know if Palpatine has ever displayed that power but since Luke and Leia stripped him so easily when he unleashed his force strom I would say that he has no knowledge on how to defend effectivly against it.

Based on knowledge and consistency in powerlevel i would say Vitiate i the victor but that is just my opinion. Plapatine has to much inconsistency in his displayes, has never seen to wield any combat-related sorcery in any media I have read (please post me a source if I am wrong on that point) and is just flat out to ego-bosted to even consider that he might loose. Vitiate has been beaten a few times (every time he was weakenedor held back) so he knows that he is not immortal, hence he is more cautious and he has 1300 years of experience that should count for something in terms of eperience.

That is my reasoning and I do not accept the because GL said so argument. he Said it but to many authors has added to the universe for his voice to be anything but one of many.

Edited by kepeskvaeri

Palpatine

I am not the biggest fan of the prequels and hearing about people who don't like sand, but I think what they do well is to display how manipulative Palpatine is, he is an outstanding schemer with amazing patience and the ability to take advantage of even unforeseen circumstances. For decades Plagius and Palpatine set the stage, took care that the already existing corruption within the bloated Republic got out of hand, created an enemy and presented himself as the saviour. He created the war, he caused the Republic to surrender itself willingly to him, he created the army which henceforce served as the foundation of his power. His objective was to rule his totalitarian Empire forever.

Vitiate / Valkorian

With Vitiate its different. He does think on different timescales as the normal people, but in principle he is like a misbehaved child, who possesses outstanding personal power and creates Empires as a personal hobby, until he tires of them and does something else. In the meantime, when he is all too bored, he tries to consume all life in the galaxy and try different galaxies. He is strong with the Force and happens to have come around tricks of the trade that gave him additional power, for example, an important part of the foundation of his power in Zakuul used to be the eternal fleet, which merely found. Even if he had a battle meditation like Palpatine, it would be useless to him, for his army is made up of automatons.

He doesn't have a clear goal, he likes to criticise Empires and governments for being worthy or unworthy, but ultimately he changes his mind. Ultimately his motivation is not the desire for power, but his narcissism, I believe, he wants to be seen as the god-like-emperor, he wants an Empire to submit completely to him, but he does not really know what to do with it once he got an Empire. He did not plan on his Valkorian-body being killed, he was not able to be a father to his children, he only judged their quality without taking responsibility. The only reason why he wanted the player character and Darth Marr to bow to him was because he likes other relatively powerful creatures to publicly submit to his grandeur. It's not like he had an actual plan.

On the Force

Nevertheless, in a direct conflict, one vs. one, it seems clear that Valkorian would be victorious. Another hobby of his is to consume the entire life force of worlds, particular worlds filled with allies and followers and he harnesses that power. I don't know how old Palpatine was when he called out the Empire, but probably not nearly as old as Vitiate. Ultimately, for all his power, Palpatine is just human, whereas Valkorian / Vitiate transcends humanity or normal mortality.

So, to conclude: I don't hold much respect for Valkorian / Vitiate for a villain in a story. Palpatine seems to be far more intelligent, focused and determined, but Vitiate's raw power in the Force is larger by several orders of magnitude.

The Dread Masters

The Dread Masters seemed more like distant monsters rather than persons to me and i don't really know enough about them to say anything about them. I'd probably have to use secondary sources to learn more. They seemed pretty broken on Oricon, though.

Edited by Rabenschwinge