stop designing new war-zones and start giving us robust pvp changes

tavrinDosa

PVP is stale. no one cares that there are new maps coming. you need to rethink your approach to appeasing the pvp community.

1. give us better ways to reward the majority not a niche ranked minority (i.e. prestige ranks with added rewards)

2. focus on changing the meta. listen to your community and nerf whats obviously op and buff whats severely under powered. class balance in PVP should be a priority over PVE due to the competitive nature of playing against real people.

3. improve the matchmaking so there is an even amount of healers and tanks on each team. incentivize playing healer and tanks if there are few in the que (i.e. an additional command crate at the end of the match kinda like WoW)

Edited by tavrinDosa

They need to reward lowbies and mids PVP, people should not have to try to learn PVP at 70 because the lowbie queues are dead.

I suggest awarding comms to players from completing warzones that then can be used to buy decos, weaps, armor sets, crystals, etc.

Have a specific vendor for the lowbies bracket as well as a specific vendor for mids bracket. Award comms for lowbies and different comms for mids then people will queue both brackets to win these special items that can only be gotten via these specific tiers of PVP.

If this is too much, then some other form of carrot should be added for both PVP brackets under lvl 70, because as it stands, lowbies are dying and mids has already died.

If lower tier PVP dies, I honestly feel this only indicates one thing that being PVP on the whole is done. I think it's much more serious than Eric and Co. realize. :(

Conquest being removed was a big mistake and it seems they recognize this which is great! That being said, it's time they recognize that 10-40 and 41-69 PVP needs some serious help now.

Adding warzones will not make PVP more active, but some added incentives for queing would go a long way.

nah not really, lowbies and mids are not end game activities. low level pvp is a means to an end which is max level. if a game encourages staying at a low level instead of finishing off that character's progressions, something is seriously wrong...

nah not really, lowbies and mids are not end game activities. low level pvp is a means to an end which is max level. if a game encourages staying at a low level instead of finishing off that character's progressions, something is seriously wrong...

This is why the game is falling apart at the seams because some people are fine with facets of the game dying that doesn't appeal to them personally. By not keeping PVP alive in lower tiers it hurts PVP in general for the game.

If you value the end game PVP scene then you ought to understand this.

You and others that always say "only end game matters" take posts like mine that ask for lower tiers to be revived as a request to downgrade 70s PVP when in fact it would only benefit "end game" PVP.

Why can they not improve upon the lower tier PVP brackets as well as "end game" PVP? Can they not do both, and wouldn't doing both be better for the game overall?

Fact of the matter is 10-69 is a long time, and if they are going to bother with creating PVP queues for 10-40s and 41-69s it should thrive not crawl along on life support near death.

If only end game matters, they ought to just make PVP available for level 70s then. This proves you are wrong, that in fact low tier PVP does actually matter not just to the players but to the game devs themselves.

If low level brackets are open for PVP they should make them better, not allow them to fall apart as they have done over the last couple years.

This is why the game is falling apart at the seams because some people are fine with facets of the game dying that doesn't appeal to them personally. By not keeping PVP alive in lower tiers it hurts PVP in general for the game.

If low level brackets are open for PVP they should make them better, not allow them to fall apart as they have done over the last couple years.

I agree with this. I feel more players would have a better understanding and more solid footing in 70's PVP if they learned more in lower tiers.

Thats my opinion.

I can see both sides here. I learned pvp in the 3.0 era, on a max level toon. I handled the insults and newbie-unfriendly attitude because I guess I'm not as much of a special snowflake as most i guess.

That said, I'm also one of the bigger critics of the all tactical FP system because it makes you not learn your role until end game (tanks in particular as heals still have their use). A similar argument could be made for PvP. Additionally since its all experience and low levels anyway, the trash talking might be lower here? Idk really as i dont lowbie much, i level my alts through fp and ops which pop more and are more experience efficient anyway.

Edited by KendraP

PVP is stale. no one cares that there are new maps coming. you need to rethink your approach to appeasing the pvp community.

1. give us better ways to reward the majority not a niche ranked minority (i.e. prestige ranks with added rewards)

2. focus on changing the meta. listen to your community and nerf whats obviously op and buff whats severely under powered. class balance in PVP should be a priority over PVE due to the competitive nature of playing against real people.

3. improve the matchmaking so there is an even amount of healers and tanks on each team. incentivize playing healer and tanks if there are few in the que (i.e. an additional command crate at the end of the match kinda like WoW)

In order to stop designing new warzones they need to start designing them lol. Yavin 4 battle cant be called "new" it is a reskinned civil war witn a small development as speed boost. They cant stop doing what they werent doing

/signed

Bioware doesn't seem to understand that the main thing their pvp has going for it is that the combat is fundamentally fun and often very satisfying. When it's NOT fun and NOT satisfying it's almost never because of a lack of "pvp content" like new maps, most of which (after novare and hypergate) have been largely panned.

When it's not fun and not satisfying it's usually because of stuff like lack of matchmaking, poor/slow class balance, low participation, and a host of issues plaguing the ranked formats.

Small, pvp-centric class changes on a regular basis to fine tune classes, soft role-based matchmaking for warzones, cross-faction solo ranked, replacing the acid tiebreaker, even more encouraging of ranked participation (ala the mats from this season), and shorter seasons are all low effort, high reward ways to improve pvp more than stuff like yavin ruins.

I honestly don't believe bioware can't see the value in some of the examples I provided. But everyone knows they're undermanned and I also honestly believe they're stuck in this mindset that if they're not providing new "content" then they're not doing their job correctly. As far as SWTOR pvp goes, I could hardly disagree more. I cannot overstate how low a lack of map diversity is on my list of complaints about pvp.

Too bad.

Edited by yellow_

/signed

Bioware doesn't seem to understand that the main thing their pvp has going for it is that the combat is fundamentally fun and often very satisfying. When it's NOT fun and NOT satisfying it's almost never because of a lack of "pvp content" like new maps, most of which (after novare and hypergate) have been largely panned.

When it's not fun and not satisfying it's usually because of stuff like lack of matchmaking, poor/slow class balance, low participation, and a host of issues plaguing the ranked formats.

Small, pvp-centric class changes on a regular basis to fine tune classes, soft role-based matchmaking for warzones, cross-faction solo ranked, replacing the acid tiebreaker, even more encouraging of ranked participation (ala the mats from this season), and shorter seasons are all low effort, high reward ways to improve pvp more than stuff like yavin ruins.

I honestly don't believe bioware can't see the value in some of the examples I provided. But everyone knows they're undermanned and I also honestly believe they're stuck in this mindset that if they're not providing new "content" then they're not doing their job correctly. As far as SWTOR pvp goes, I could hardly disagree more. I cannot overstate how low a lack of map diversity is on my list of complaints about pvp.

Too bad.

This.

Idk really as i dont lowbie much, i level my alts through fp and ops which pop more and are more experience efficient anyway.

If you saw more conquest gain through lowbie PVP or regular XP through lowbie PVP would you go that route more than you do now for XP? Or would you prefer rewards such as a comm system that granted you currency to buy items from a specialized PVP vendor, currency that could only be gained through the lower tiers? Would this appeal to you?

I am just curious what would encourage someone like you that never has focused on PVP to participate more in it tbh, particularly the lower tiers seeing they are the ones that are dreadfully unpopular now.

In the past SWTOR actually enabled players to level fully in PVP from 10-70 if they wanted, and for many like me that was the preferred way to play.

I realize not everyone considers this part of the game (PVP) as their focus but I have always been a PVP player 100% and the route the game has taken is disheartening and disappointing to me.

I just want to have the option to PVP for XP from 10-70 and as it stands now you can hardly get to 40 through PVP in a week due to a lack of queue pops. 41-69 is completely dead. This is a significant problem to me.

umm i care about getting new warzones.... lol

umm i care about getting new warzones.... lol

I am not against new warzones either.

That being said, I do believe more focus should be on other issues though at this time, such as the lack of population in lower tier PVP brackets and issues like class balance etc.

I don't view swtor as a game with a lack of WZs now, there's enough of them that I personally am satisfied. I'd even recommend removing a couple but that's another story. :)

This thread is like beating a dead horse!

Swotr now existed for quite few years and dev never listened to anything. Everything they do is according to their own game understanding and speed.

There are so many small things that they could have done to improve the life of PVP but nothing ever done. And despite some efforts they do its like 5 step forward and then 10 step backwards. Good example current gearing process.......

At this point threads like this is useless. Game is not far from maintenance mode. Servers got merged still there aren't that many people on. I guess the only thing that keeping this ship a float are few subs and cartel market. Once current population shrinks: another MMO is killed by incompetence and bad choices. :rak_03:

This thread is like beating a dead horse!

Swotr now existed for quite few years and dev never listened to anything. Everything they do is according to their own game understanding and speed.

There are so many small things that they could have done to improve the life of PVP but nothing ever done. And despite some efforts they do its like 5 step forward and then 10 step backwards. Good example current gearing process.......

At this point threads like this is useless. Game is not far from maintenance mode. Servers got merged still there aren't that many people on. I guess the only thing that keeping this ship a float are few subs and cartel market. Once current population shrinks: another MMO is killed by incompetence and bad choices. :rak_03:

A part of me agrees with this post, but it's a fatalistic view and when I get to this point of thought I stop playing swtor and go to another game.

I have come back rejuvenated and positive (to a degree) and think if anything this forum allows people who care a place to vent if not a place to bounce good ideas onto the devs and people of importance who can make changes.

In the past mercs and snipers were the laughingstock of the game, for AGES this was a fact and look at the meta now. This shows that SOME changes were incorporated that players pounded the devs with. They also made Marauders better.

This shows they are capable of making smart changes, just sometimes they are too heavy-handed as in how powerful they made mercs especially after the first patch that buffed them.

I personally don't get as rustled by the OP'd class meta they seem to run with, I find the monumental game altering patches the most disturbing such as the 5.0 command crate gearing system patch. Awful gearing system that replaced a gearing system that NO PLAYER complained about!

Same with conquest now. NO PLAYER complained about conquest being too easy to accrue! The players who enjoyed conquest seemed to be perfectly content with it from what I can tell!

These type of changes are peculiar and make zero sense to me. They seem to work extra hard only to gimp and destroy facets of the game they put tons of effort into developing for months even years!

It's like building a 5 bedroom dream house over 5 years time for a large family, only to destroy it and replace it with a one room log cabin then explain to everyone it's actually a better place to live because it reinforces intimacy within the family. :p

Their logic as to what and why they make changes just doesn't add up regarding some of these large systemic game changes.

The worst part is they never concede they blundered nor will they ever take steps back regardless how much backlash and unhappiness the player-base expresses with their "exciting" new changes.