The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pre-order rewards for sale

Hello everyone. I suggest to add things that were given as rewards to players who fulfilled some conditions - for example, Doctor Oggurobb holostatue to players who pre-ordered RotHC, HK-55 as a companion and a bonus chapter with him to players who subscribed in 13th (if I remember correctly) of January, 2016. Now people who didn't fulfill conditions (I didn't get my HK and a chapter only besause I was late for 1 day) can't get these things at all. It will be good to give an opportunity to get these - for cartel coins. I know thwse things were special and were given as rewards, but they were given for free, and players who didn't fulfill the comditions will have to pay to get them.

Hello everyone. I suggest to add things that were given as rewards to players who fulfilled some conditions - for example, Doctor Oggurobb holostatue to players who pre-ordered RotHC, HK-55 as a companion and a bonus chapter with him to players who subscribed in 13th (if I remember correctly) of January, 2016. Now people who didn't fulfill conditions (I didn't get my HK and a chapter only besause I was late for 1 day) can't get these things at all. It will be good to give an opportunity to get these - for cartel coins. I know thwse things were special and were given as rewards, but they were given for free, and players who didn't fulfill the comditions will have to pay to get them.

The only thing I support them bringing back is the HK 55 bonus chapter. all the cosmetics should stay exclusive though.

OP you didn't need to make another thread about this subject since there are plenty of those already on the forum. And I don't see the reason why BW shouldn't release all the companions again which it released before at a certain time as a reward for subbing, since that's the content which is already in the game and for which the current development resources would not need to be spend to be available in the game , and BW could earn a nice money for it still which is a good thing for the game since its always good to have more money than less to increase its funding to be able to develop later the new things for it.

Also I don't see the reason why the new players wouldn't be able get a chance to get some of the companions which are an important part of the SWTOR story like HK 55 or Shae Vizla.

Edited by Lunablade

I'm going to tell you virtually the same thing I told the other poster who created a thread about this same topic just yesterday. These rewards were given as incentives to subscribe. If someone knows they can simply get the reward later then they won't have the same incentive to subscribe at the time of the promotion, which makes the promotion pointless. The promotions are used to help BW hit revenue targets. Those revenue targets exist at the time of the promotions. Even if heaps of money come in after those periods it won't matter because the time for hitting those specific revenue targets will have passed. This is something many seem to ignore or fail to realize every time they make an argument to have subscriber rewards made available again. They were a thank you to those who helped towards BW's revenue targets at the time.

I'm going to tell you virtually the same thing I told the other poster who created a thread about this same topic just yesterday. These rewards were given as incentives to subscribe. If someone knows they can simply get the reward later then they won't have the same incentive to subscribe at the time of the promotion, which makes the promotion pointless. The promotions are used to help BW hit revenue targets. Those revenue targets exist at the time of the promotions. Even if heaps of money come in after those periods it won't matter because the time for hitting those specific revenue targets will have passed. This is something many seem to ignore or fail to realize every time they make an argument to have subscriber rewards made available again. They were a thank you to those who helped towards BW's revenue targets at the time.

Well those people which subbed to the game mostly to get those companions got them before everyone else did, and used them now for a long time as a show off. Also I don't see how the money of those people is more important than the one which BW would be able to earn now for them from the people which would buy them if they would become available again. And some of those companions are an important part of the SWTOR story and should be available to the new players.

Edited by Lunablade

Also I don't see how the money of those people is more important than the one which BW would be able earn now for them from the people which would buy them if they would become available again.

Nowhere in my post did I say that it was. The timing is what matters. Failure to hit revenue targets can lead to reductions in budget. The state of the game now is a direct reflection of the revenue it brought in at the time of those promotions. More money now will not change the past.

More money now will not change the past.

More money now could lead to the more revenue in the long run and to the increase of the game development budget in the future which is always a good thing.

Edited by Lunablade

HK-55 as a companion and a bonus chapter with him to players who subscribed in 13th (if I remember correctly) of January, 2016.

You don't remember correctly.

The companion was for being a subscriber on 11 January 2016.

The bonus storymission was for being a subscriber continuously from 11 January 2016 to 1 August 2016, not just one one specific day.

And once again: re-selling these things is a bad idea. Why?

Well, consider the next time they make another such offer. They make these offers to encourage us to be subscribed at particular times and/or for particular periods. If people know that they can get the thing later after they know whether it's any good, that incentive is reduced. The fact that the money from the "sold later" sales comes in later does, indeed, mean that the money comes in, but it doesn't come in at the time the offer is made, a time when it will help pay the bills.

My personal situation on that storymission is that I was subscribing anyway (to have immediate access to the KotFE chapters), so getting the storymission was a nice bonus. There are people, however, who stayed subscribed at the time specifically because they wanted the storymission, and not because of other aspects. That is, they were content to wait for the KotFE story chapters (by re-subscribing after they were all released), but stayed subscribed so they could get the HK storymission. If you make the HK storymission available in any other way, that incentive evaporates very quickly (the person who mentioned all this also said that if he had thought that he could wait and get the storymission, he would have done so), and the revenue in the given period would be reduced.

If they need a million dollars of revenue between date X and date Y, it matters not one single bit if they can get two million dollars over the next three years after date Z (which is at least two years after date Y), if the only way to do that encourages people to not pay into that million-dollar window.

The bonus storymission was for being a subscriber continuously from 11 January 2016 to 1 August 2016, not just one one specific day.

Well, consider the next time they make another such offer. They make these offers to encourage us to be subscribed at particular times and/or for particular periods. If people know that they can get the thing later after they know whether it's any good, that incentive is reduced. The fact that the money from the "sold later" sales comes in later does, indeed, mean that the money comes in, but it doesn't come in at the time the offer is made, a time when it will help pay the bills.

So the bills don't need to be paid now to and the new ones don't keep coming in ? That's an interesting theory :) . Some of you are talking almost in a way that one would think how the people are asking here from the BW to make those companions free and not as a content for which they would pay for and how this game is doing superb currently from the financial standpoint so that it doesn't really matter would it earn more money or less from those things.

Incentive of getting something special for a show off long before the others will always remain even if BW would offer those same things much later in the game and have from them a constant flow of the money instead of having them as a content for which the studio did spend the development resources on but from which it doesn't earn anything anymore.

Edited by Lunablade

More money now could lead to the more revenue in the long run and to the increase of the game development budget in the future which is always a good thing.

On this we agree. However, we have different ideas of how to go about achieving an increased revenue stream.

+1 signed, sell everything

Lmao! Revenue is revenue I suppose? People seem really hell bent on past rewards becoming available. Ya know if it brings players back to the game or has brought a new player to subscribe, I'll sign this thread with a +1 I would like to suggest that we could give people who do play and have these rewards a choice aside from a flat out no. I would like to think that family members or friends could inerhrit rewards that they missed from other family members who have said items. Somehow add it to legacy so that people who play SWTOR together can share together just a thought. :D

Edit: I get 68 mail per new character, half of it sits in my cargo. The rest is titles pets mounts and companions these are what I would like to share the most, other then that what I get per character is 1 1/2 cargo bays of stuff to sort out every time I make a new character.... Not that I am complaining but it takes almost 20-30 minutes to get a character set up Lol ;)

Edited by CKNORTH

My personal situation on that storymission is that I was subscribing anyway (to have immediate access to the KotFE chapters), so getting the storymission was a nice bonus. There are people, however, who stayed subscribed at the time specifically because they wanted the storymission, and not because of other aspects. That is, they were content to wait for the KotFE story chapters (by re-subscribing after they were all released), but stayed subscribed so they could get the HK storymission. If you make the HK storymission available in any other way, that incentive evaporates very quickly (the person who mentioned all this also said that if he had thought that he could wait and get the storymission, he would have done so), and the revenue in the given period would be reduced.

If they need a million dollars of revenue between date X and date Y, it matters not one single bit if they can get two million dollars over the next three years after date Z (which is at least two years after date Y), if the only way to do that encourages people to not pay into that million-dollar window.

Ah, I forgot, doesn't matter. I' ve subscribed a day later and my subscription continued after 1st of August, but still, there is nothing I could do to have HK and a bonus chapter. I still bought a subscription and as for long as was required.

Getting a bonus chapter can still require subscription. I don't see any reasons why this is bad for BW - they will get money, and people who want to get things as fast as they are released, will still fulfill the conditions. By the way, people needed to buy RotHC and SoR, and with the release of KotFE, both became free for subscribers.

Getting a bonus chapter can still require subscription. I don't see any reasons why this is bad for BW - they will get money, and people who want to get things as fast as they are released, will still fulfill the conditions. By the way, people needed to buy RotHC and SoR, and with the release of KotFE, both became free for subscribers.

How many times does this have to be explained? It isn't bad for *this* incentive. It's bad for the *next* one. It creates an expectation that this sort of incentive will be available later in some other way, and therefore when they propose one, the incentive to "buy" (that is, meet the conditions needed to receive) the bonus thing is reduced.

There's a separate debate about whether they should change their loyalty offer structure, and I'm inclined to agree that they should. Instead of having individual dates or broader date ranges for the subscription condition, make it a "rolling" continuous subscription reward. That is, issue things as rewards for being a subscriber for three, six, nine, etc months. There's then a question about whether it should be "continuous" or "cumulative"... However it's done, that would be a better way to entice people to subscribe continuously. Well, better than "Be subscribed on date X to get this bonus item, or skip subscribing now and get it later anyway".

How many times does this have to be explained? It isn't bad for *this* incentive. It's bad for the *next* one. It creates an expectation that this sort of incentive will be available later in some other way, and therefore when they propose one, the incentive to "buy" (that is, meet the conditions needed to receive) the bonus thing is reduced.

Not really, this works in the same way how the sales for the new technological or the fashion products work - when some new cool product is released in a limited number first the people which really want it, which want to feel trendy and fashionable and have the chance to get it before some other people and the income for it on disposal will go for it and they will not care about the fact will that same product be again sold at some later time 2 or more years down the line to a broader audience and a lot of them not even under what conditions. And the cycle like that always repeats.

Edited by Lunablade

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only shiny i find enticing at this point would be the yellow black core crystals. Think they came in the collectors ed. Honestly tho, id rather have the infamous white/black core crystal ala the force unleashed. To my knowledge, devs have never addressed or spoken on this request....since launch

Ashur

Edited by AshurDarksoul

I have those items and woulnd't mind if they were sold on the CM at a premium price. If people want them that bad, then they can have them at a premium price that will cost them a pretty penny.

Edited by Knockerz