The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Incredible moneymaker - hide weapon slot item

Eksenia

Hey!

As there are rumours of upcoming weapon costume slot, I'd like to suggest something that I believe could make you a lot of income on the Cartel Market.

I believe it would be incredibly simple to enact, while I believe many players would buy it.

I'm suggesting an item for the offhand slot, much like the "Covert Energy" armor set which effectively hides the slot in question. This would make dual wielders be able to look like they're using only a mainhand.

Personally I'd pay in the ballpark of 1000-1500 cc for such an item.

Kind regards,

One who doesn't like merc and slinger dual wielding and has four dualwielders who would buy this...

When I saw the thread title, I though maybe you were talking about a way to hide your "stowed" weapon. I'd quite like that for some of my Commandos, but also for both sides on a Sentimara with dual vibroswords. You know, so the poor girl can run around without slicing off her left b*ttock all the time.

Why not that too? Easy things for BW to code, with a fairly big potential income. Simple customization stuff are a good way to make a decent amount of income without tampering with anything important in the game.

interesting. I dont think it would work though as they would have to redo all the animations or apply say the powertech animations in replace of the merc animations.

Actually quite simple since for example Unload exists in 1h mode from when PTs had it. And Power Shot? Either do it the cheese way of keeping animation with only one blaster (I would be ok with this tbh) or just swap to like Smuggler’s Brutal Shot after cast.

I think animations are secondary, tbh. I’d settle for something that just downright hides the offhand. Regardless, devs would not have to fiddle with ability requirements such as ”requires two blaster pistols” etc.

Im all for additions to help with immersion and aesthetics.

That said, what always gets me however are titles making statements including exaggerated claims..."Incredible Moneymaker" as if to give your idea more weight for consideration... and to appeal to the "percieved" greed by Bioware developers (more likely, greed of EA) to manipulate the addition of your wants.

It might be a "moneymaker", even an "incredible maker" ....or a flat out waste of resources.

Just posting my unrelated thoughts on a petpeeve...

Good Luck

Ashur

Hey!

As there are rumours of upcoming weapon costume slot, I'd like to suggest something that I believe could make you a lot of income on the Cartel Market.

I believe it would be incredibly simple to enact, while I believe many players would buy it.

I'm suggesting an item for the offhand slot, much like the "Covert Energy" armor set which effectively hides the slot in question. This would make dual wielders be able to look like they're using only a mainhand.

Personally I'd pay in the ballpark of 1000-1500 cc for such an item.

Kind regards,

One who doesn't like merc and slinger dual wielding and has four dualwielders who would buy this...

This is a terrible idea - it would break a ton of animations in the game, and who knows what else.

Please, no - there are enough bugs with each patch.

Also, you'd have absolutely no idea what advanced class you were facing in PVP if this was implemented.

Edited by arunav

maybe you were talking about a way to hide your "stowed" weapon. I'd quite like that for some of my Commandos

Agreed. Painful to watch a Togruta run around carrying some of the assault cannons. Really frustrating that they cut into the character's head.

Agreed. Painful to watch a Togruta run around carrying some of the assault cannons. Really frustrating that they cut into the character's head.

That's true, althought it wasn't actually what I was thinking of. Lots of cannons (that is, all of them) do stupid things in "sit-back" and/or enclosed speeders, and I'd quite like that to stop happening. Being able to hide my stowed weapon would solve that issue.

EDIT: and it looks really stupid when a 3/4 naked commando does /clubdance with seventy pounds of HBG on her back.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

EDIT: and it looks really stupid when a 3/4 naked commando does /clubdance with seventy pounds of HBG on her back.

Haha! But mine looks awesome pulling that giant cannon out to fire on enemies while wearing an evening gown and hight heels, LOL