SPOILERS Who would win the Jedi Knight or the Smuggler? READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

ethanredmace

I don't know if I can even take this seriously, but I'm bored so here we go. I hope you enjoy it and discuss this if you find this interesting. Alright.

Since my smuggler was mostly light-sided, s(he) or he depending on how you view your characters or the class in general, doesn't have a massive crime syndicate or anything, so please take that into consideration. The smuggler had gathered a fortune, and later was obviously someone of importance since she even had gotten to meet the new Chancellor Saresh in the end. She was capable of being one of the Republic's finest and defeating strong enemies, including Revan even though she had help, and she was also able to resist the Dread Masters. People underestimate the smuggler :o:p a lot of the time. While Valkorion may have tried to inhabit her body and take her mind, she resisted the offers to his power. While he may have been keeping her alive, the fact that she didn't accept him is proving that she has a strong-will. To me, strong wills are better than giving into temptations even though we aren't perfect and sometimes do give into them and we do and all make mistakes, but I feel like not accepting the power at all and even on Asylum, it were all really strong decisions that are definitely like a test of her and possibly the JK'S character.

My gunslinger saved Senya and defeated Arcann in chapter 16, then later got him as a companion. She had defeated Valkorion once and for all, but so did the Jedi Knight if we are looking at it this way. If they both went through KOFTE/KOTET in some alternate universe, then they have similar feats even if it may be a lot different in terms of who is going through it. Who do you think would win, the force-wielding Jedi Knight who is a special snowflake or what have you, or the smuggler who is also a special snowflake with a lot of luck and skill?

Edited by ethanredmace

Being a force user does NOT make you invincible. You can do more than a normal sentient, but you still have limits and need a good amount of focus to use said abilities.

Properly setting up a battlefield, a normal being can defeat a force user. Straight up brute force, there's always a chance, but not as likely.

MythBusters did quite a few "Star Wars" themed tests checking the viability of the more Heroic actions of the movies one of which was Blocking incoming shots (Nerf darts:) ) They took the speed of the shots (130ish mph) a given distance to target and one person with a sword (LightSaber) they couldn't block any however a local martial artist was able to block a few, this was only one shooter. Adding another shooter (2 weapons ie: Gunslinger) I think it would be very Unlikely to Block the shots for very long not to mention a "Smuggler" type person would also be considering a variety of "Sneaky tricks" while both blasters are rocking.

As stated in the movies Jedi seem to have heightened reflexes and probably muscle coordination aswell, possibly even a Slight forewarning I would Imagine Sith also However, Enough bolts would soon overwhelm anybody. I would think a "Few" in the history of "Star Wars" could, for a time, But certainly not everybody, probably less then ten actually could hold out more then a few minutes at best. Vader simply took the blasts then removed the weapon, I've read Mace Windu used a technique that fed off the opponents aggression (?). How many others could, probably only Lucas knows that outside of the games.

What a normal person can do and what a force user can do, are totally different.

Now, could every Jedi block all those blasts? No.

However, let's look at what Jedi's have done. Block multiple blasts (let's assume every smuggler shot is on target, even if blocked) and what have some of the best done, which the Jedi Knight is? Reflected it back to the target.

What can a smuggler do? Block blasters as well! Except, with their body. And it hurts. And they die.

:p

You basically have Han Solo going up against Darth Vader.

We all know who won :p

Especially when the smuggler has their blaster force grabbed from their hand.

This is very similar to what I think also. I would even go as far as to say *Nearly All Jedi/Sith can block *Some. A hail of gunfire like the GS here in SWTOR or that one action of the Scoundrel (Brutal Shots? )very very few could block. Some could but not most. Edited by MikeCobalt

It should go without saying that concentrated fire can't be blocked by a Jedi. Otherwise Order 66 would have gone VERY differently.

And we can't really use Vader vs. Han, he was using Terminus (the same power Satele used to stop Malgus' lightsaber) which isn't something the typical Jedi (including player characters) could do. That said, I give it to the Jedi sans ambush.