The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Deco Only Packs

Xo-Lara

tl;dr: Please release deco only packs.

I would be much more inclined to buy packs if they came in deco only version, for instance selling only the decos from the gatekeeper's pack. Most of the time that is all I want from a pack. I might not even care which decos I get from the pack as long as I for sure get at least one.

If though doing that pack by pack is too much effort, I would also accept Deco shipment packs. For instance, I would buy an Explorer Decorations Pack featuring decorations from all the explorer packs. I care less about rarity and more about the decoration. Often times, bronze level decorations are as nice as gold level.

However, if you are looking for alternative ways to package decorations to be more appealing to buy from packs, try organizing them by hook size or furniture type. For instance, have a small hook decoration pack or a chairs decoration instead of a gold decoration pack.

If a person is looking for something to meet a general idea, a slightly more narrowed down pack may appeal to them more. To illustrate, if a person needs a chair to complete a room and it doesn't matter as much which chair they get, a chair pack will be more appealing than either a new pack or a gold decoration pack. They can't say what chair they will get but they will already know it's a chair. Same thing with tables, banners, lights and wall decorations.

I say all of this because I'm kinda inclined to buy something from the CM. The problem is that I am not going to pay current prices for things I'm not really interested in buying.

Good idea.

The actual reason I cut back on buying packs, though, was the quality of the decorations.

Too many with bugs, especially clickables that do nothing when clicked.

Too many Centerpiece only decorations, especially when strongholds have few such hooks.

Too many heavy industrial decorations that don't fit any of our stronghold themes.

Too many decorations that fit in only one hook type, making them very hard to place and less useful.

The Deepwater Essentials bundle of Manaan decorations was close to ideal. Here's what it had --

Manaan: Fountain of Tranquility, News Kiosk: Most Wanted, Large Aquarium, Aquarium: Laa Scalefish, Aquarium: Faa Scalefish, Explorer Supplies Set, Manaan: Lounge Set, Manaan: Office Set, Manaan: Patio Set, Manaan Floor Lamp, Selkath Citizen: Lost, Selkath Cyborg: Surly, Selkath Officer: Patient: Flag: Manaan (Hanging) x4

It had three Personnel, all performing interesting emotes. Awesome!

The Manaan Floor Lamp provides a lot of clean light. Magnificent!

Then things start to break down.

The Manaan: Office Set only works in Floor Large, even though a similar piece works in Medium. This makes it hard to place and impossible to use with office dividers as in most game locations.

There are two Centerpiece only items, one that really works best outdoors, and only one outdoor Centerpiece hook in the Manaan stronghold. Other than the tiny underwater rooms of Manaan, good luck finding an interior Centerpiece hook for your Lounge Set, so it's especially hard to use.

To the person who picks the game items to turn into decorations: Please stop and think about where you would place the item in a stronghold before you decide to release it. Look at the theme of the strongholds and the available hooks. If you can't think of a logical place to put it in at least half of the strongholds, please pick something else. We honestly don't need any more garbage falls. We don't need yet another Large hook weapons rack when we've posted dozens of threads complaining about the ones we already have. You get the idea.

Edited by Xina_LA

I wouldn't go as far as to say we don't need those things but there are some other things that we need more. For instance, we need more themed furniture sets which I mentioned in my thread suggesting a new organizational scheme for including decos in packs.

• 4 months later...